PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats file complaint against the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran has admitted to hating Polian before. This is why it's great to get one of our own in the national media.

This is HILARIOUS. The Pats get needle Polian in a way that makes him look like a fool, while drawing no attention to themselves.

Damn! That's funny, funny stuff. Can you imagine the meeting where someone threw that idea out there? Everyone laughs, then they all sort of look at each other for a second, then someone shrugs and says, "I dunno, maybe we should actually do it." Hilarity ensues.

Maybe we should match up Polian and Pat Sullivan in a Steel Cage Death Match.

Down here in Maryland, I just went out on the porch and looked towards the north. I heard the feint sound of giggling.

here's the line that gets me
According to a FoxSports.com report earlier this month, Polian was upset because he felt loudspeakers were positioned too close to the field.
Bill, it's not your stadium. You don't go into other people's homes and move their furniture around. Who the hell does this guy think he is??

According to a FoxSports.com report earlier this month, Polian was upset because he felt loudspeakers were positioned too close to the field. In the course of speaking to a Jets employee in a tunnel leading to the field, Polian grabbed the employee by the lapels of his jacket and pushed him against a wall.

Polian is certifiable. Just because 'he' thought the speakers were too close to the field unbelievable.

I wonder if he's ever said the phrase "I'm right, you're wrong, have a good day".

This absolutely made my evening. Priceless.

Justice said:

Bill, it's not your stadium. You don't go into other people's homes and move their furniture around. Who the hell does this guy think he is??
He's a guy that was accused of piping in artifical crowd noise into his own stadium, that was embarrassed by the Jests in the playoffs a few years ago, and is known to enjoy an adult beverage or 7 before the game. :D

Willie55 said:
I wonder if he's ever said the phrase "I'm right, you're wrong, have a good day".
I just got that, and snotted all over my monitor. :rocker:

Is anyone as excited as I am to hear BB comment on this during his next press conference. That will be priceless.

"Well, it is what it is. You know. I mean the guy does a lot of things well. He complains well, punches well, pounds desks well. We're just trying to prepare for him the best way we know how. Thats all I care about."

PFT highlights a few of Napolians antics:

NAPOLIAN APOLOGIZES

Tom Curran of NBCSports.com reports that Colts president Bill Polian apologized earlier this month for shoving a Jets employee on October 1.

Per Curran, Polian discussed the matter with Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum and Ray Anderson, the league's senior V.P. of football operations shortly after the incident, and Polian issued a written apology.

(Maybe something like: "I'm f--king sorry, you worthless piece of sh-t.")

Curran contacted Anderson about the incident, who said "no comment" and abruptly hung up. (Real smooth, Ray.)

Meanwhile, Curran reports that the Patriots have twisted Napolian's tail by asking the league to ensure the safety of team employees during Indy's visit to New England next month. Recently, the Colts asked the league to talk to the Pats about improving the condition of the turf on their home field.

MORE NAPOLIAN ANECDOTES

After Jay Glazer of FOX broke the story regarding the incident in which Polian grabbed a Jets employee by the lapels and threw him against a wall, we put out a call to all agents for stories regarding Polian's past antics.

Here's a little bit of what we heard.

One agent opined that Polian is a "prickly old f--k," and another one compared him to Jack Nicholson's character in A Few Good Men.

Several agents told us that, in their opinion, the entire front office, top to bottom, is filled with cantankerous employees who regard all agents as adversaries. When one agent called a Polian colleague to inquire as to how a client was doing in training camp, the Colts employee said it's not his job to "wipe [the agent's] ass."

Another common theme is that Polian and crew are regarded as making every issue more contentious than it needs to be. Consider, for example, the placement of defensive tackle Corey Simon on the non-football injury/illness list. The consensus in league circles is that the team simply didn't want to pay Simon, so it opted to cut him off -- and to force him to pursue his money.

We've also heard that Polian often reacts angrily to questions posed to him by callers to his radio show. Also, consider this clip from an appearance on WFAN from the days following the Colts' playoff loss to the Steelers. It starts off cordially, but flashes of that temper come through once the hosts begin to ask tough questions about whether quarterback Peyton Manning had any blame for the defeat.

NAPOLIAN STRIKES AGAIN

Coming off of their bye week, the Indianapolis Colts list a whopping 21 players as questionable for Sunday's game against the Redskins.

That's nearly 40 percent of the entire roster.

Under NFL rules, the designation of "questionable" means that the player has a 50-50 chance of playing. And with so many players currently a 50-50 proposition, it's virtually impossible for the Redskins -- or anyone else -- to figure out which of the guys are actually hurt.

Many league insiders would say that it's not surprising, since it's just another example of the way that Colts president Bill Polian does whatever he wants, without consequence. Remember that report from Jay Glazer of FOX regarding allegations that Polian had thrown a Jets employee against a wall? Word is that nothing has been done about it, and nothing likely will.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Justice said:

I believe there is a rule regarding how close the speakers can be. Doesn't change the fact that you can't go around assaulting people, nor the greatness of this move.

FSUPatsFan said:
Is anyone as excited as I am to hear BB comment on this during his next press conference. That will be priceless.

"Well, it is what it is. You know. I mean the guy does a lot of things well. He complains well, punches well, pounds desks well. We're just trying to prepare for him the best way we know how. Thats all I care about."

Even for BB, that one's gonna be REAL hard not to crack up at. He must be practicing right now to make sure the stoneface holds up tomorrow.

I can see him talking to himself right now, "When they ask the question just imagine famine and pestilence, famine and pestilence......"

It's a double whammy. They get to annoy Polian and the league both!

Absolutely hilarious...

Filing this complaint was a very slick move that will have a couple of beneficial side-effects from the Pats perspective, besides the fact they simply tweaked Polian and that's an enjoyable thing.

1. This will goad the hot-headed Polian into a response, and bring out the whine in the Colts organization and fanbase. There will be publicity about a management rivalry leading up to this game on 11/5, which will have the N.E. crowd fired up beyond belief. This will play into a stronger homefield advantage. The crowd will be extra involved, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a real factor in the decision on filing this complaint. Our crowd hasn't exactly been doing a great job in the noise department on a consistent basis. The stadium will now be in a fury on 11/5. All the old issues will be aired out over the next couple of weeks, inciting the N.E. crowd.

2. This is Bob Kraft sending a shot across the bow of Polian, that he's willing to take the gloves off and lay the tarnish on him in the public arena. Bill Polian can only lose such a battle.

I fully expect the Patriots organization will be pushing up against the rules at the 11/5 game. They're putting Polian in a position where he's gonna have to behave, since the camera eye of the league will be on him. Expect the speakers to be even closer to the field than for the Jets game. ;)

On indystar colts fans are say Bill Belichick is bad as Bobby Knight. Wow.

Last edited:
PlattsFan said:
Damn! That's funny, funny stuff. Can you imagine the meeting where someone threw that idea out there? Everyone laughs, then they all sort of look at each other for a second, then someone shrugs and says, "I dunno, maybe we should actually do it." Hilarity ensues.

:rocker: :rocker:

LMAO.

zippo59 said:
On indystar colts fans are comparing Bill Belichick to bad as Bobby Knight. Wow.

My head is just exploding reading those inbreds!
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168030

--------
Here's the "Knight post" by Tover2 (66th post of the thread):

"It goes beyond not being warm and fuzzy. He may be respected for his football knowledge, but he has a long history of not treating players and personnel with respect. Take a look back at what people and players in the Brown's organization thought of him or his behaviors towards people once they part ways with him.

People in the Pats organization tolerate him because he has won. He is every bit as bad as Knight was while at IU (although even I believe Knight had more respect for players and the game than Belichick). Knight was a jerk, but he respected the spirit of the rules and the game. Belichick's attitude is 'what can I get away with?'"
-------------

Then here is my fave by some football genius named MotoIndy (62nd post of thread):

"I think the house of cards in Foxboro is about to crumble. I'm about to pick the Jets to win that division [edit: Shmessy still trying to recover from choking on his tongue here]. The Pats are a paper tiger in my eyes right now. I think they were lucky to work out a gimmick to get by the Bengals. Good for them. It'll take more than a gimmick to get by the 2006 Colts. I think they should brace themselves for embarrassment."

zippo59 said:
On indystar colts fans are comparing Bill Belichick to as Bobby Knight. Wow.

Yeah, and on Indystar 1 in 3 posters has likely slept with his sister. The bottom of the barrel might as well be Mt. Everest relative to that place.

Willie55 said:
Polian is certifiable. Just because 'he' thought the speakers were too close to the field unbelievable.

THAT would actually explain a lot of things if that was correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back