PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans Need to Step it Up this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatz11

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
After my trip to Baltimore I am more convinced than ever that home field advantage is more a product of the fans than the stadium. I came away from that game with a surprising conclusion: Gillette Stadium at it's loudest is much, much louder than M&Tstadium at its loudest. I thought that I would find the opposite to be true because some people have taken shots at the design of the Razor, but to be honest it was not even close.

I was actually very surprised to find this(One possible reason is that the stadium is much, much less steep than Gillette so the seats are all set further back even though both end zones are closed). But those fans made noise on every play, never sat down and gave the Ravens energy and atmosphere. It is up to us to do the same this week vs Pitts because this game is going to be a battle and the Pats are not playing great right now.

You're absolutely right, home field nees to become an advantage again.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

If you're motivated enough to pay $300+ to sit outside in the freezing hold for four hours, then why wouldn't you want to make as much noise as humanly possible?

Another comment -- I've noticed that the crowd at Gillette can be relatively quiet while the opposing offense is in huddle and then get louderr as they approach the line of scrimmage. The crowd needs to be loud ALL the time.

This is so true, although probably of little value to say here--anyone checking out "patsfans" probably is pretty good at the games. The design of Gillette is an issue, but it can be overcome, and has been at times. This year, the crowd was great against San Diego, for example. But they sucked at the Philly game--in fact, after the Baltimore game I was thinking how glad I was that the Pats were FINALLY coming home, until I realized they had played at home the previous week.

To be fair, I think maybe the blowouts had dulled the edge of the crowd a little bit. I think the combination of two close games, plus the Steelers coming in, will make the place rock once again. Shouldn't be a problem against the Jets either. Or the playoffs. So I think we'll be alright.

This is so true, although probably of little value to say here--anyone checking out "patsfans" probably is pretty good at the games. The design of Gillette is an issue, but it can be overcome, and has been at times. This year, the crowd was great against San Diego, for example. But they sucked at the Philly game--in fact, after the Baltimore game I was thinking how glad I was that the Pats were FINALLY coming home, until I realized they had played at home the previous week.

To be fair, I think maybe the blowouts had dulled the edge of the crowd a little bit. I think the combination of two close games, plus the Steelers coming in, will make the place rock once again. Shouldn't be a problem against the Jets either. Or the playoffs. So I think we'll be alright.

we should treat this game like a playoff game everyone should stand through out the game we should help in every way we can

also if this matter have been discussed so many times anyway i hope that all fans @ Gillette next Sunday will do individually their part...this is another important game we face...Go Pats !

Last edited:
Spread the word everyone. BE LOUD!!!!! ANyone going to this game needs to scream their a**** off!!!!! Give our team an extra advantage at trying to go undefeated. Spread the word..........BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the philadelphia eagles game and it was the quietest I've ever seen gillette stadium. We've got to be louder.

I will be in Section 111. I will be yelling the whole game and hopefully standing.

Big game = Big $ Ticket = White Collar crowd = "Movie Theater audience" = Home Field Embarrassment again. :mad:

I will be in Section 111. I will be yelling the whole game and hopefully standing.

Bring a big sign that says "NOISE".

Boston fans are dumb and need instructions. :D

Good point and good thread.

This team is tired according to Belichick. They need an energy boost. A loud and supportive crowd is a good way for them to get their mojo back.

Big game = Big $ Ticket = White Collar crowd = "Movie Theater audience" = Home Field Embarrassment again. :mad:

I'm a white collar guy who buys expensive tickets. I make more noise than most people. Stereo-types don't hold water.

I'm a white collar guy who buys expensive tickets. I make more noise than most people. Stereo-types don't hold water.

Dont mean to offend you... but "blue collar" fans seem to be rowdier (from my personal experiences).

Another Ex. is the Bleachers at Fenway vs. the Field Box. I've sat in both seats, and there is a clear difference in the crowd.

Last edited:

This team is tired according to Belichick. They need an energy boost. A loud and supportive crowd is a good way for them to get their mojo back.

I found it interesting the BB said that about the team--seems more "revealing" than he usually is. Does anyone recall him saying anything similar to that in the past? Hmmmm.

very well said - let's hope that every fan will do the best next sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes