Pats Fans in Texas and Florida get Tebowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Pats Fans in Texas and Florida get Tebowed
By: John Morgan

Some out of town Pats fans that were expecting to see the Patriots on television from the comfort of their own home may be in for an unpleasant surprise Sunday afternoon....

That is those who still watch Tv. Tvs are like phonographs nowadays.

I can't wait for him to come crashing back down to Earth. This is getting inane. He's getting more publicity than quarterbacks who've actually DONE something in the NFL.

I can't wait for him to come crashing back down to Earth. This is getting inane. He's getting more publicity than quarterbacks who've actually DONE something in the NFL.

hopefully today vs my chargers

but i ain't holding my breath

why dont teams just play a 5-4-2 against him

put the 2 safeties 30 yards back bc he just throws deep to decker, and their just gonna run every down..............there's no way this offense keeps up production.

why dont teams just play a 5-4-2 against him

put the 2 safeties 30 yards back bc he just throws deep to decker, and their just gonna run every down..............there's no way this offense keeps up production.

I know that people keep speaking of how difficult it is to game plan defensively for this, but why??? It's the exact same formations and schemes that they taught us to defend in 6th grade!!

It's nothing more than a high school/college read option scheme. If the defenders are patient and play their responsibilities properly, working as a team, there is no way this should be working at the NFL level in my opinion.

I am completely baffled that this continues to pose teams problems.

hopefully today vs my chargers

but i ain't holding my breath

I'm all over SD today. They should win by 10+. There's no way this Denver stuff should continue.

That is those who still watch Tv. Tvs are like phonographs nowadays.

You couldn't be me wrong.

Aside from the fact that your watching via online streams supports legally and ethically questionable enterprises, 99.999% still watch television, even if it is only for just a few hours of sports per week.

In fact, I would be willing to guess that the number of households without a television set in them may in fact be fewer than the number of households that does still have a record player.

Trust me, you are very much in the minority on this one.

I'm all over SD today. They should win by 10+. There's no way this Denver stuff should continue.

I think the Tebow Express is about to be derailed..

You couldn't be me wrong.

Aside from the fact that your watching via online streams supports legally and ethically questionable enterprises, 99.999% still watch television, even if it is only for just a few hours of sports per week.

In fact, I would be willing to guess that the number of households without a television set in them may in fact be fewer than the number of households that does still have a record player.

Trust me, you are very much in the minority on this one.
Like many other things, this is definitely an age-gap issue. I know a surprisingly large number of people in my peer group (late-twenties to early-thirties) who have given up owning a TV and rely on the internet for their television consumption. I think this trend is likely to accelerate among younger generations. However, I think that older generations (and, by extension, their kids) will continue to own TV's. But as those kids grow up, they'll increasingly see TV as something for "old people" (except as monitors for their video games, perhaps).

Like many other things, this is definitely an age-gap issue. I know a surprisingly large number of people in my peer group (late-twenties to early-thirties) who have given up owning a TV and rely on the internet for their television consumption. I think this trend is likely to accelerate among younger generations. However, I think that older generations (and, by extension, their kids) will continue to own TV's. But as those kids grow up, they'll increasingly see TV as something for "old people" (except as monitors for their video games, perhaps).

I do about 95% of my hockey watching on the internet for blackout reasons, and I'll watch streaming movies. Other than that, I still watch shows on cable networks on ye olde TV. The internet still hasn't quite caught up to the TV in terms of visual quality, but when it does, then I'll be on board.

I watch the Pats on TV, but when I lived in Virginia, it was pretty much the internet for me out of necessity. I had thought about Sunday Ticket, and I actually went out and got it prior to the 2007 season because I thought it was going to be special. Turns out I was right, but almost every game was on national TV, so I had no need to spend the extra cabbage.

Last edited:
Hey, remember....talking about Tebow? Not about how you watch games?;)

literally starting to hate this guy

another td for tebow in the final 2 minutes of a half

chargers are so ******ed

Here in Dallas, we have the Pats..

Was enjoying the game at the bar when this bull**** happened. Couldn't believe it!

I have a few friends from UF and they are quick to remind me that Tebow wasn't ever supposed to play in college ball either. The SEC defenses were too fast and strong everyone said.

Some people just win. They are too short and too small to win, but they do anyway. If Denver invests the time in Tebow to develop him, he'll be a solid QB for them for years. I suspect Denver is just biding their time until they can get a traditional QB in there, however. Too bad though, I'd love to see what he can do with some good coaching.

I actually hate it when the Pats are shown on the local broadcast down here....

First off, they always get into the game late, and then yesterday, CBS, rightly so, swaped out of the Pats game (at 38-13) to Tebowmania!!!

I have the Sunday ticket and they balckout the telecast (on the Sunday ticket channel) if it is available on your local affiliate, but they will usually lift the balckout if they are slow to get to the start of the game, and after they beg out of it (Luckily I watched the first few plays on the "gamemix channel" and then after a few minutes, they lifted the blackout once the local CBS affiliate moved off the Pats game.....

I'm stuck in what is considered the Jaguars and Falcons "home area" eventhough I'm more than 75 miles from both.
I was thinking of seeing if some guys wanted to make the quick run to J'ville for the Monday Night game next week, but it looks like a stinker between the Jags and the Chargers....

Can't wait til next year, I already have requests in for ten tickets to the Pats game, hopefully they will not schedule it for Christmas Eve, as they did 4 years ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down