PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans going to the game should do everything to pump up the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The crowd noise when the opponent's offense is taking the field has been abysmal this year... i think all of you guys going to the game should bring some signs that say "MAKE SOME NOISE!" (or something equivalent) and raise them up and encourage the people behind you to start screaming at the top of their lungs when the other offense is on the field. I don't want to see my TV quiet as a mouse when it should be rocking :|

Do they allow bullhorns at the game? Maybe you could bring those too ;)

Maybe they should all stand up the whole game.

Maybe they should all stand up the whole game.

That would be a start. To be fair, when I've gone, I would sit during commercial breaks but be back up as soon as the action was back on. A lot of it is the stadium design, but long-time season ticket holders tell me that a good deal of the problem has to do with who is going to the games now.

That would be a start. To be fair, when I've gone, I would sit during commercial breaks but be back up as soon as the action was back on. A lot of it is the stadium design, but long-time season ticket holders tell me that a good deal of the problem has to do with who is going to the games now.

Yeah, the Patriots are now an 'event' so the crowd seems more like casual fans who decided to bring their kids to the Patriots instead of a Teen Disney music concert with Hannah Montana.

I wish we could go back to having the sort of fans who threw a Buffalo Bills fan off of the top row of the old Foxboro stadium. Not that I long for murder but at least they were dedicated.

I can't stand the crowd. I love the Pats but if there was one thing that i hate, is the crowd. I think it is by far they are worst in the NFL.

No enthusiasm, i see people sitting down when the opposing team's offense is driving down the field.
I dont know if it is the stadium design. But i dont think that's problem because it is just TOO quiet.
Even someone from the NFL took a shot at NE fans when rumors spread about NBC picking up Brady's plays before snap in the Philly game.

He said something to the extent "New England Fans aren't the loudest fans in the league"

The more expensive the tickets get, the less blue collar fans have a chance to go to games.

You don't see fans like Pittsburg; Average Joes wearing jersyes and a hard helmet screaming at the top of the lungs.

I know you may be saying "Why dont you do something about it"
Well I cannot afford the tickets! PERIOD

just expect alot of steeler fans to be there

Yeah the Steelers travel well but there won't be an abundance of them like other games. The Gillette crowd may suck a fat one but tickets aren't exactly as easy to come by as they are when playing other teams around the league.

I don't think they'll be a ton of Steelers fans at the game. Historically they have a handful show up (I think most of them are local Steelers fans), but it's too hard to get tickets for many of them to travel here. I would be surprised if there are more of them than Philly fans from a few weeks ago (which was a night game on Thanksgiving weekend, which lends itself to more tickets being sold by season ticket holders etc).

As for noise, so many things factor into when it's loud or not. What section, weather, game situation, opposing team etc. So far this year the SD game was probably the loudest, almost like a playoff game. I would think the Steelers game will be pretty loud, the Jets very loud, and Miami probably somewhere in between. Remember it's tough to judge by the TV broadcast how loud it really is, all depends on how they mic it.

No enthusiasm, i see people sitting down when the opposing team's offense is driving down the field.

I was at the Chargers game in the end zone (don't know what they call it, but not the one with the lighthouse/bridge) and you're right - there were people sitting down being quiet on the few SD drives that there were. Foxboro used to have a nice home field advantage, but not so much anymore (if at all).

Yeah the Steelers travel well but there won't be an abundance of them like other games. The Gillette crowd may suck a fat one but tickets aren't exactly as easy to come by as they are when playing other teams around the league.

'sup fnord... SAS still treating pats fans like crap? :D

I can't understand going to the game and not being pumped. I have been lucky enough to go once a year (I'm going to the Miami game in a few weeks this year). I am standing at least 75% of the game and screaming the whole time (yah, I'm that guy). I get so excited to be there, plus a few beers help too, but I can't understand why people aren't going crazy. We are supporting the BEST TEAM in the league and maybe EVER. We are privileged yes, but still, how can fans be not excited???

Maybe they should do what the Colts do and pump crowd noise into the PA system.

I'll be at the game and won't sit down once!

standing room only tickets ftw

The SD Game was extremely loud. Even the wine and cheese crowd gets up a few times a year.

'sup fnord... SAS still treating pats fans like crap? :D

Heh, I was wondering when I'd run into someone else from SAS. What was/is your SA username?

It's actually better than in years past because the crescendo of irrational screeching against the pats has hit its zenith and the contrarian stat has decided they hate the whiners almost as much if not moreso than the pats.

What's really funny is reading over there then reading over here. Here they think Peter King is out to get them, there they think Peter King writes erotic fan fiction. Stuff like that.

Mass cares more about the Red Sox. Plain and simple.

People are born Red Sox fans first, Pats/Celtics/Bruins second. Of course not everyone, but the majority.

Probally one of the few states where baseball is more valued then football. Unfortunate, but it’s just the way it is.

Heh, I was wondering when I'd run into someone else from SAS. What was/is your SA username?

It's actually better than in years past because the crescendo of irrational screeching against the pats has hit its zenith and the contrarian stat has decided they hate the whiners almost as much if not moreso than the pats.

What's really funny is reading over there then reading over here. Here they think Peter King is out to get them, there they think Peter King writes erotic fan fiction. Stuff like that.

Take a guess who i am ^_^

With Ward and others earlier saying they would have beat the Patriots if the Patriots didn't cheat, and with a slug Steeler DB laying down a guarantee that the Steelers will win, I expect the fans to be VERY loud on Sunday.

The fans have alot of build up hatred for this team in general. There is going to be alot of noise!!!!

Bring some f-ing noise makers if you have to. Come on!~ Loud and proud on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down!

Last edited:
Although the crowd takes a lot of crap at times for not being loud, its always been my experience that the bigger the game the louder it is. I expect this game to rival opening night vs the chargers. You gotta love the 12th man in football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes