PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans Ejected for Cheering on the Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't buy it.

But I do want to say that I was very dissapointed with the crowd on Sunday. It was the first game I've been to this year (the last one was the AFCCG), and it seemed dead. At least that's how it sounded in 315. I felt like people were hardly even watching the game.

The stadium sounded completely dead on the telecast too. The wine and cheese era is here to stay.

You no what torks me. I am from Pa and get to go to one game a year if I am lucky. I would like to watch the game without someone getting up every five minuets and walking in front of me. Sit down and watch the game. I missed the first Pats interception.:(

The majority of the fans are pretty run of the mill in my dads sec (227), but there are a few behind us who started yippin at me to sit down and shut up. My bad, thought i'd try to get a little 12th man goin on during a 3rd down play...

What pisses me off most is all you have to do know to get someone booted is shoot the pats a text (they threw the number on the jumbotron before the game) and off they go. I did see a few guys get lucky with the cigar puffin in the stands, from what I had heard that had become a MAJOR no-no.

The stadium sounded completely dead on the telecast too. The wine and cheese era is here to stay.

In defense of myself and others who were at the game, it was kind of a plodding affair that didn't give much opportunity for loud cheering. In fact, during the Pat's long drives (and there were several) there was (and often is) a graphic on the big screen that says, "Quiet, Offense at Work." Everyone in my section got up faithfully on the Bills' 3rd down plays and was extra loud, as was everyone when the kickoff team came out after every score. We were all just doing our jobs, like the team. Just because people are watching intently rather than screaming doesn't mean they aren't into the game. Sometimes the tone and tempo of the game doesn't call for a scream-fest; sometimes it does.

The majority of the fans are pretty run of the mill in my dads sec (227), but there are a few behind us who started yippin at me to sit down and shut up. My bad, thought i'd try to get a little 12th man goin on during a 3rd down play...

What pisses me off most is all you have to do know to get someone booted is shoot the pats a text (they threw the number on the jumbotron before the game) and off they go. I did see a few guys get lucky with the cigar puffin in the stands, from what I had heard that had become a MAJOR no-no.

I for one am shocked but that's what the person who was mentioned at the start of the thread told me got the fans ejected for cheering. I left it out because stupidly, I couldn't believe it. WTF???

In defense of myself and others who were at the game, it was kind of a plodding affair that didn't give much opportunity for loud cheering. In fact, during the Pat's long drives (and there were several) there was (and often is) a graphic on the big screen that says, "Quiet, Offense at Work." Everyone in my section got up faithfully on the Bills' 3rd down plays and was extra loud, as was everyone when the kickoff team came out after every score. We were all just doing our jobs, like the team. Just because people are watching intently rather than screaming doesn't mean they aren't into the game. Sometimes the tone and tempo of the game doesn't call for a scream-fest; sometimes it does.

Being loud on first and second down is just as if not more important than being crazy on 3rd...something we have all seem to have forgotten over the recent years. I remember how crazy old foxboro used to get, I just haven't seen it at Gillette yet:confused:

I for one am shocked but that's what the person who was mentioned at the start of the thread told me got the fans ejected for cheering. I left it out because stupidly, I couldn't believe it. WTF???

It sounds like people are misusing and abusing that #. I totally see the need for something like that but seriously, ejecting fans for cheering at a football game is like handing out speeding tix at the Indy 500:rolleyes:

I approve of your sig!

It sounds like people are misusing and abusing that #. I totally see the need for something like that but seriously, ejecting fans for cheering at a football game is like handing out speeding tix at the Indy 500:rolleyes:

Under this same premise, we should be allowed to "Text" and have the JEST fans ejected tonight, for cheering on their team. You know they will be there! Loud and Obnoxious

This was relayed to me by friends sitting in Section 239. There were loud fans removed on Sunday because they stood up and made noise while the Patriots were on Defense. Isn't that the point, that we as fans have to do Our part in helping our team. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior from Securitty at Gillette?

A friend of mine was ejected from the Rams game simply for being in an area where some people were throwing dollar bills off the 3rd level concourse. Although several people tried to tell the security guy that he wasn't involved, he was ejected anyway. The security guy also lied and said coins were being thrown, I think to make it seem more serious than it was. The only reason we were in the area at all was so that my friend could have a cigarette. So, by following the rules and being in the right place to smoke, he was ejected.

The following game (Bills just this past Sunday) I tried to find out the security guy's name so I could file a formal complaint. About an hour or so after I asked about him, while on my way to the men's room, I was waylaid by several security guys and police officers who accused me of "stalking" the guy. I was threatened with ejection, arrest and loss of season tickets simply for asking about the guy. I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years and nobody in my group has EVER caused any problems. The way we were treated was simply unacceptable and I'm not sure it's legal.

You can read a longer version of the first incident on my blog page at Welcome to PatsRoadTrip.com

Last edited:
A friend of mine was ejected from the Rams game simply for being in an area where some people were throwing dollar bills off the 3rd level concourse.

Let me know the section they were sitting in I’d be glad to sit below them.

A friend of mine was ejected from the Rams game simply for being in an area where some people were throwing dollar bills off the 3rd level concourse. Although several people tried to tell the security guy that he wasn't involved, he was ejected anyway. The security guy also lied and said coins were being thrown, I think to make it seem more serious than it was. The only reason we were in the area at all was so that my friend could have a cigarette. So, by following the rules and being in the right place to smoke, he was ejected.

The following game (Bills just this past Sunday) I tried to find out the security guy's name so I could file a formal complaint. About an hour or so after I asked about him, while on my way to the men's room, I was waylaid by several security guys and police officers who accused me of "stalking" the guy. I was threatened with ejection, arrest and loss of season tickets simply for asking about the guy. I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years and nobody in my group has EVER caused any problems. The way we were treated was simply unacceptable and I'm not sure it's legal.

You can read a longer version of the first incident on my blog page at Welcome to PatsRoadTrip.com

This is old, but about 2-3 years ago my season tix buddy with whom I was alternating games and I were constantly harrassed by security. Every game someone would come over ask our name and address and ask me how I got the tix and how much I paid. Meanwhile, to my left was a single seat that I knew was sold on ebay for about $300. I never rated the guy out, but resented the inquisition. Previously my ST owner buddy had been quoted in the Globe twice, criticizing Kraft's policy of making it difficult to hand down STs to your kids. The inquisition only stoped after he wrote a couple letters to the Pats complaining about their harrassment and saying he'd get THAT quoted in the Globe. Never heard a peep from security in the 2 years since.

Bottom Line: I commend the Krafts for cleaning up the losers who previously ran wild. HOWEVER, who ever is presently in charge of security needs to be replaced or reigned in.

Last edited:
The incident didn't take place in the stands. The people were throwing the bills from the 3rd level concourse smoking area.

My main issue here is that there is no real recourse should somebody be accused of and punished for something they simply did not do. As I said, just trying to get this guy's name got me in a lot of trouble at the Bills game. Luckily, after the incident at the Rams game, I decided not to keep my ID and ticket on me once I'm in the building. I give my wallet and ticket to an older woman that goes with us and have her hold onto them. That way, if I'm unjustly harrassed again, they can't find out who I am. The worst they can do is throw me out, I guess.

Also, as a point of fact, they CAN NOT search you unless a law has been broken and the police arrest you. This is direct from a buddy of mine who worked security at Gillette up until a year or so ago. He technically still works there but is on medical leave. He has even told me that some of these guys let the power go to their heads and they like to flex their imaginary muscle. It's despicable, really, that loyal, rule-following fans can be treated like this.

In case you can't tell, this incident is still pretty fresh in my mind and I'm still pretty pissed about it. For the first time in 15 years, I'm really not looking forward to going to the game tonight. I feel I'm going to be targeted at this point. I'm probably going to wear my Friday the 13th Jason mask under my poncho so they can't recognize me. I'm serious about that, too.

Last edited:
He has even told me that some of these guys let the power go to their heads and they like to flex their imaginary muscle.

There is a guy that works in the special -ops division of security who wears a blue jacket which I guess makes him king of the special-ops…….. anyway I’m pretty sure the guy thinks he’s part of the secret service. He’s always on his ear piece like he is getting serious info from someone; the guy is just crazy. All the other kids that do it (usually college kids raising money for a sport at there school) make fun of him its pretty funny.

This guy was just a tool. He works on the west side of the upper level and had a blue jacket on. He was hiding behind all of his cronies while they were interrogating me. He never had the balls to actually talk to me to see what the problem was. No, that's not true. I can't say he never said anything to me. As he was throwing my friend out during the Rams game he did say to me "Shut up or you're going, too." I was just trying to tell him he had the wrong guy. He didn't care. He was on his little ego trip and nobody was going to make him come down.

This guy was just a tool. He works on the west side of the upper level and had a blue jacket on. He was hiding behind all of his cronies while they were interrogating me. He never had the balls to actually talk to me to see what the problem was. No, that's not true. I can't say he never said anything to me. As he was throwing my friend out during the Rams game he did say to me "Shut up or you're going, too." I was just trying to tell him he had the wrong guy. He didn't care. He was on his little ego trip and nobody was going to make him come down.

Would be funny if we were talking about the same guy, was he like late 40’s with short blonde hair and glasses

I know the person who told this story and I believe that they are sincere about it. I've tailgated a few times with her and her SO a few times over the last 10 years.

I believe that she's sincere in her interpretation of what she saw. I also believe that there could be another explanation. Since I wasn't there I'm going to believe what the person I know said and be on watch for stories like this in the future.

Our crowd noise is pathetic enough as it is without something like this becoming a regular incident. I can see things like this happening, though, in the future, as they try to make Gillette more 'fan friendly'.

I know the person who told this story and I believe that they are sincere about it. I've tailgated a few times with her and her SO a few times over the last 10 years.

I believe that she's sincere in her interpretation of what she saw. I also believe that there could be another explanation. Since I wasn't there I'm going to believe what the person I know said and be on watch for stories like this in the future.

Our crowd noise is pathetic enough as it is without something like this becoming a regular incident. I can see things like this happening, though, in the future, as they try to make Gillette more 'fan friendly'.

Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back