PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans - Check out BSMW Front Page from 2/21/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a thing of beauty Pats!

Thanks for the link. I should check out this BSMW.

"Massarotti wasn't the only Herald columnist referencing the New Jersey divorce case today, from Howie Carr's column:

But this isn’t the only unfolding sex scandal involving the New England Patriots. Bill Belichick is embroiled in a messy divorce with that former secretary for the New York Giants. But again, there’s a video problem - no videotape of The Other Woman. Plus, the local sporting press is terrified of Belichick. They’d rather kiss butt than kick it.

Right. The sporting press is terrified of Belichick. They've NEVER said a disparaging word about the Patriots coach. Ever. They're too scared to. Please. They spend the last few years taking shots at him for any possible reason, and now they're "terrified" to bring up this subject?
What's become clear out of all of this, is that too many members of the Boston (and national) sports media simply rely on the gossip pages for their source material.

THAT'S got to change."

A-men

From what I hear, the NJ case is moving rapidly towards a conclusion....a conclusion that does not in any way involve Bill Belichick. Yet the gossip columns have set this up to be something huge, that things are moving towards the day when Belichick is called to the stand and dramatically forced to tell all, spilling secrets that will ruin his career and shame the New England Patriots.
What's going to happen when none of that comes to pass, and the case quietly ends? Nothing. There will be no corrections, no mentions that the whole thing was overblown and simply lifted from gossip columns in tabloid newspapers.
Over the last few months we've had plenty of mentions of this case in various columns, both local and national. Where are these columnists getting their information on the case? Do you think any of them have actually attempted to look into them themselves? Not a chance. They're taking what is published in the gossip columns and taking it as fact. It seems that some fans and callers to sports radio, also believe everything they read in those columns as well.
So when you hear the question asked "Why aren't we hearing more about this Bill Belichick case?" the answer is simply because there really isn't one at all.
What's become clear out of all of this, is that too many members of the Boston (and national) sports media simply rely on the gossip pages for their source material.
THAT'S got to change.

I'll bet the two cows at the Herald dont write this.

Good for BB if this outcome is true.

If you want to know why a lot of NFL insiders will be happy when Bill Belichick gets his comeuppance some day, ponder that cheesy stunt he pulled in St. Louis that resulted in a 'touchdown pass' from Adam Vinatieri to Troy Brown on a fake field goal. The play was technically legal but laden with a deceit bordering on un-sportsmanlike conduct. That's sandlot stuff hardly worthy of this league, in the minds of true-blue football sorts who would also argue that humiliating a foe is to be avoided at all costs. - Clark Booth, 11/11/04

I found this little quote on that website thought it was kinda funny.
who is clark booth?

If you want to know why a lot of NFL insiders will be happy when Bill Belichick gets his comeuppance some day, ponder that cheesy stunt he pulled in St. Louis that resulted in a 'touchdown pass' from Adam Vinatieri to Troy Brown on a fake field goal. The play was technically legal but laden with a deceit bordering on un-sportsmanlike conduct. That's sandlot stuff hardly worthy of this league, in the minds of true-blue football sorts who would also argue that humiliating a foe is to be avoided at all costs. - Clark Booth, 11/11/04

who is clark booth?
Clark Booth was a long-time fixture on TV-5 Boston as a "close observer of matters Bostonian, especially sports, politics, and religion"

I believe he writes for the web-based Dorchester Reporter currently.

although I believe Booth to be one of THE most erudite commentators of the passing scene here evah, I would like to hear more about that play in St. Louis, which I can still see vividly in my mind's eye -- it reeked of some "gotcha" aspect between BB and Mike Martz that hopefully will be written about in the future

Adam_TD_to_Troy.jpg

IMG%5D

Good read. I can't help but think that if this "scandal" had legs, Borges would be reporting on it 24/7.

I just sent Ron an email and DARED hin to pick up the story and do the right thing for once...I wonder if he'll even bother to respond to me (he has in the past)

Congrats to Bruce at BSMW for telling the story that should have been told long ago......

An item of interest penned by Bruce Allen.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

With all the news last night - I thought this deserved a BUMP, as BB has been vilified by the media, quite unfairly so it seems.

Thanks to Bruce for pointing this out.......wonder if the gossip girls will even dare to post an apology?? Of course they won't as it's hit and run all the way for them and damn any hint of credibility or honesty.

They are what they are and that is about as bad as it gets......

Clark Booth was a long-time fixture on TV-5 Boston as a "close observer of matters Bostonian, especially sports, politics, and religion"

I believe he writes for the web-based Dorchester Reporter currently.

although I believe Booth to be one of THE most erudite commentators of the passing scene here evah, I would like to hear more about that play in St. Louis, which I can still see vividly in my mind's eye -- it reeked of some "gotcha" aspect between BB and Mike Martz that hopefully will be written about in the future
Didn't Martz try to pull something funny earlier in the game? I always thought that the fake FG was a direct reponse to that.

who is clark booth?

He's a bright guy who is bitter as hell that sportscasters less intelligent than him with nice smiles, and without speech impediments, passed him by.

That touchdown was important, the game was not a blowout.

I used to have respect for Booth before this comment. The play was legal and resulted in a touchdown. What's the problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots