PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fans as Naive as Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
You know, I have to tell you, reading posts this offseason has been quite a trip. I've taken a step back from the NFL and it's been really good from a logic/rationality perspective. For those of us being critical of Kraft's lack of handling both of Goodell and Spygate, I'd like you to consider the following things we're doing that contribute to the problem. If you're really, truly angry about what's happening on a daily basis, it might be time to reassess your relationship with the NFL. Just my opinion.

1. "I can't believe what I just saw/read/heard on ESPN"

Why are you watching ESPN? Why are you giving them click-through hits? Why are you tuning in, getting Insider subscriptions, etc.? This behavior should have stopped back in 2007 when the network fell into a permanent anti-Patriots bias. They won't EVER stop with this behavior until such time as it hurts their ratings and clicks. Period. And not only are we clicking: we're retweeting, posting links on forums, etc. STOP IT. You can make as many angry posts as you like, but every darn time you tune in or click you're telling them to keep going.

2. "I'll only support the NFL while BB and Brady are there"

The NFL has no clue why you are supporting it when they rake in all that cash and revshare profit. None. As long as they are bringing in more money from ad revenue and merchandise than the previous year, they will continue down the path they are on. They are a for-profit entity. The money is literally all that matters and the only thing that binds them together as a group. If you want the NFL to change, you have to stop watching games and buying merch. This might be hard. But if you're unwilling to do it, you really need to temper your expectations.

3. "No, no. I only watch Pats games. I only buy Pats gear. I 'just support the Patriots.' "

The Patriots are part of the NFL. Guess who just told the NFL it's a good idea to have a 'bad guy' team in an entertainment sport? You did. The Brady jersey spike when all this mess heated up? Oh yeah, that was a big thumbs up for the league to keep behaving the way it was. It sucks, but the more you support the Pats, the more you are buying into the entertainment sports business model that this whole mess is really about. Buying Pats stuff and supporting the team doesn't send the league a message to stop. It sends the message that rooting for the bad guy is profitable.

Sorry for the long post, but it strikes me as odd when people are surprised Kraft caves to the league when we're doing it too. As long as you tune in and spend money on this nonsense it is never going away. Stick to independent forums like this one if you must follow the team. Having any interaction with official NFL and ESPN product is a major green light for the tools that have permanently tarnished the reputation of our beloved team. And sad as it is to say, official Team product is official NFL product too. Just remember that when you order.

I enjoy football. I will not penalize myself to make some type of political statement that no one will hear. That is the true way to let this crap hurt you.

at this point just embrace it, I find it kind of funny how after we win in deflategate the response the Tuesday after is to rehash spygate. People think we cheat and I kind of enjoy it now. We really should be getting charged rent for the amount of time we spend in others minds. We are the NFL and if people think we cheat than they think the NFL is illegitimate by defacto.

When people cry about the Patriots cheating tell them not to watch because if we are or aren't you cant do anything to stop us.

Were cheaters*, were cheaters* and thats the way we like it!

Patriots*
NFL*
Football*
Superbowl*

whole league is tainted, deal with it or find a new sport.

Fair point about supporting the Patriots equalling supporting the NFL. My bottom line is my own entertainment value, I'll watch until I don't want to anymore.

Number 1 really baffles me. Honestly I wouldn't even know what was going on on ESPN if people here didn't constantly post about it. Everyone hates it yet it seems like people go there just to look for things to get up in arms about.

at this point just embrace it, I find it kind of funny how after we win in deflategate the response the Tuesday after is to rehash spygate. People think we cheat and I kind of enjoy it now. We really should be getting charged rent for the amount of time we spend in others minds. We are the NFL and if people think we cheat than they think the NFL is illegitimate by defacto.

When people cry about the Patriots cheating tell them not to watch because if we are or aren't you cant do anything to stop us.

Were cheaters*, were cheaters* and thats the way we like it!

Patriots*
NFL*
Football*
Superbowl*

whole league is tainted, deal with it or find a new sport.
I started thinking that this has got to drive the rest of the league and fans crazy. they think the pats are cheating but they don't know how. The Patriots own space in the collective heads of the other 31 and they're fans. It is kind of comical.

this is entertainment.....that's it

it's like arguing about the outcome of a movie

I enjoy football. I will not penalize myself to make some type of political statement that no one will hear. That is the true way to let this crap hurt you.

People are different. People make choices....good and bad. I'm not judging what anyone else might do.

I railed at Kraft initially but he's a big money guy with big money motives. It is what it is.

I'm done once Brady is done. Or sooner. Everyone else is an adult. Choose wisely, Grasshopper.

does anyone know who the OP is talking to?

Your guess is as good as mine. Because it certainly isn't me.

I don't watch or read bspn other than if an intriguing CFB game or the Pats game is on. All the stuff I get from them is posted on here or r/Patriots

Not sure how i'm supporting the nfl by watching only Pats games. I'm not a Nielsen Rating Household, so even if I watched other games not involving the Pats my view doesn't count. So even when Bill and Tom are gone I could still watch the Patriots and as long as i'm not a Nielsen Household i'm technically not supporting anything.

I haven't bought anything Pats related in a couple years other than a hoodie (in '13) and 3 Games to Glory.

Other than games I don't waste my time watching ESPN ....

The program is designed for ratings and to inflame and troll.

I had 2 choices, NFL or Cocaine. Did I make the right choice? I'm beginning to wonder.

There's less money, and more integrity, involved in bringing you one versus the other...

Your guess is as good as mine. Because it certainly isn't me.

I don't watch or read bspn other than if an intriguing CFB game or the Pats game is on. All the stuff I get from them is posted on here or r/Patriots

Not sure how i'm supporting the nfl by watching only Pats games. I'm not a Nielsen Rating Household, so even if I watched other games not involving the Pats my view doesn't count. So even when Bill and Tom are gone I could still watch the Patriots and as long as i'm not a Nielsen Household i'm technically not supporting anything.

I haven't bought anything Pats related in a couple years other than a hoodie (in '13) and 3 Games to Glory.

If I feel like watching it, I watch it....If I don't, I don't

this **** got incredibly absurd a long time ago........a bunch of mental midgets running around all jealous and can't cope with the simple fact that their teams suck

Unfortunately, half the country has not much of choice about ESPN. It's in a very real sense the only game in town when it comes to sports coverage and televised games. ESPN made sports a national obsession and it is their network that most satisfies that obsession.

If you live in a major metro region, you may have some competitive media sports venues to choose from, but for the rest of the nation, ESPN dominates the scene--and their high ratings approach to sports is all about entertainment, sound bites, cheap controversy, and only very minimal actual sports coverage.

Since the Pats are going to be accused of cheating anyway, maybe they should actually start and absolutely humiliate the league in earnest.

You really thought we were cheating all these years? Oh no, my friend. Now, THATS what it would have been like if we were cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back