PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Fan: Why I'm giving up on the NFL (The MMQB w/ Peter King)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably shouldn't post... but I have to admit I'm in a bit of shock...

We've got people here that seem to understand and favor the notion that the ideal gas law sufficiently explains PSI readings in deflategate. And some of these same people believe through some mystical, magical, hoodoo abilities- humans are somehow a zero load species on the planet.

Logic cannot reconcile this. I'm floored. I never really connected with the "I can't even" meme until just now. But I can't... I can't even...

(Let's face it, this thread was going to the political forum anyway. But there's definitely a narrative throughline that needs checking in our script department. Even Michael Bay would wonder about consistency of characters here.)

Yup.

You come to a message board where people are knowledgeable about a particular subject and so can write fairly intelligently about it, and so it's easy to internally extrapolate that you're in the midst of informed and intelligent people.

And then something shows you the truth...and you can't even...

Yup.

You come to a message board where people are knowledgeable about a particular subject and so can write fairly intelligently about it, and so it's easy to internally extrapolate that you're in the midst of informed and intelligent people.

And then something shows you the truth...and you can't even...

You lost me at "extrapolate".

32 Corporations says it all. We're all nucking futs (including me).

It took the NFL to make me a union man. Smith has to go. The NFLPA needs a better person to run their union.

The NFL is simply a star right now. Fueled by greed (instead of hydrogen), it will keep growing until it enters it's "red giant" phase then collapses into a supermassive black hole.

Last edited:
The NFL needs more maverick Al Davis types, not the likes of Bob Kraft throwing his own fan base under the bus in favor of a homogenized league "product." That's the corporate aspect of the 32's "greater good" (more $$$) making individual excellence (Patriots) a negative obstacle to overcome. Which, of course, is contrary to the essence of athletic competition.

The popular line is that R. Stokoe Goodell is merely carrying out the owners' marching orders, but he has great autonomy in both interpreting and implementing those directives. Where he has failed worst of all is in preserving the essence of football as "sport" vs. "commodity."

Helium is the byproduct. Hydrogen is the fuel.

Thanks for the correction. It's been almost 10 years since I took an astronomy course of any type. I'll edit.

This is just inccorect. The vast majority of climate scientists agree that climate change is largely driven by man. The exact percentage varies from survey to survey, I've seen as low as the high 70s and as high as the high 90s, but never anything short of a substantial majority. However you feel about the science itself, the clear consensus among working climatologists is the opposite of what you're claiming.

800px-Climate_science_opinion2.png

The same consensus exists on an institutional level. NASA, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Chemical Society, the American Geophysical Union, the American Medical Association, the American Meteorological Society, the American Physical Society, the The Geological Society of America, and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences all agree that man has a significant role in climate change.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Anyway, that's all I have to say on this subject. Nobody's going to be convinced either way on this thread, so I don't see any further discussion here being productive.

Why are you trying to confuse the argument with facts and data? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction. It's been almost 10 years since I took an astronomy course of any type. I'll edit.
Memory is a strange thing. The mind fills in the blanks when pieces of it are lost. Being human is a truly bizarre and challenging experience, a small price to pay for such an amazing opportunity.

32 Corporations says it all. We're all nucking futs (including me).

It took the NFL to make me a union man. Smith has to go. The NFLPA needs a better person to run their union.

I think Smith has been somewhere between decent and pretty good, don't really have any complaints about him. He's an esteemed litigator by trade, so unlike Goodell, he isn't in way over his head if this whole thing goes to court. Thank god he beat out Troy Vincent for the job.

He's just had the disadvantage of constantly negotiating from a position of no leverage whatsoever. This is what happens when the members of your union, despite making millions of dollars, somehow still find a way to be living paycheck to paycheck. Their fiscal irresponsibility means that the owners have them by the balls. They know they'll 'win' in any work stoppage, and they've repeatedly shown that they're willing to exploit this fact. That trump card is why the players will always get worked over in any CBA negotiation. It's no accident that during the last lockout the owners floated that story that they were prepared to go up to 2 years without football. Two years without a paycheck would've bankrupted all but the richest players.

If this whole thing with Brady goes to court, though, we might actually get a chance to see what he can do when he has some leverage to work with. I'm hopeful to see what he can do, hope he does his part in bending Goodell and the 32 over a barrel.

Next up on Patsfans: Abortion debate.

OK, great...MY favorite abortion tune...

"

She was a girl from Birmingham
She just had an abortion
She was case of insanity
Her name was Pauline, she lived in a tree

She was a no one who killed her baby
She sent her letters from the country
She was an animal
She was a bloody disgrace

Body! I'm not an animal
Body! I'm not an animal

Dragged on a table in factory
Illegitimate place to be
In a packet in a lavatory
Die little baby screaming
Body screaming ****ing bloody mess
Not an animal
It's an abortion

Body! I'm not animal
Mummy! I'm not an abortion

[Spoken]
Throbbing squirm,
gurgling bloody mess
I'm not a discharge
I'm not a loss in protein
I'm not a throbbing squirm

**** this and **** that
**** it all and **** a ****ing brat
She don't wanna baby that looks like that
I don't wanna baby that looks like that
Body, I'm not an animal
Body, an abortion

Body! I'm not an animal
Body! I'm not an animal
An animal
I'm not an animal.....
I'm not an abortion.....

Mummy! UGH!"

The NFL is simply a star right now. Fueled by greed (instead of hydrogen), it will keep growing until it enters it's "red giant" phase then collapses into a supermassive black hole.

At least we can all rest easy knowing that our sun won't turn into a black hole and suck us all in, instead it will just boil all of the water on earth off into outer space, replacing it with oceans of magma lava and incinerate the planet before turning into a white dwarf

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Last edited:
I live in S Florida, 8 miles west of the Atlantic. If I dig a hole in my back yard, I could fill buckets with sea shells. Hmmmmm.....that must mean Florida was under water once....but that's wrong. Florida has been submerged 4 times in its 530 million year history.

"Portions of the Florida peninsula have been above or below sea level at least four times within that time. As glaciers of ice in the north expanded and melted, the Florida peninsula emerged and submerged. When the sea level was lowest, the land area of Florida was much larger than it is now. In addition to being much larger, Florida was as much as three times the current land area as it is today during the last ice age…"

Wonder who the prehistorics blamed for climate change back then.....the Republicans? And last time I looked at a globe, I saw vast deserts, continuously growing deserts, that have been on this planet a million years or more. Mankind must have a serious bad ass time machine to fu*k up Earth before they even roamed the planet.
Regarding the Global Warming screed....I find it interesting that this current government, which demonizes organized religion, has essentially created its own Climatology religion operating under the same framework as "old religion" ...fear, taxes, control===>POWER.

I have some bad news.

Our Sun is middle-aged and will gradually heat up to the point the oceans and atmosphere will be boiled away in about a half billion years, then more probable than not be swallowed up as the Sun expands into a red giant.

But we have a little more time. :D

I wonder how many Lombardis the Pats will have by then.

I hate the media, the selfishness of players, and the corporate greed of leagues and franchises as much as the next guy, but that guys rant was 6 at best.

BTW, Peter King still sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill