PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fan excited to be a part of a Nation.

merlindegr8

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey my friends. My name is Merlin and I live in the desert in Az. I moved here from Rhodey in '03. The thing I miss more than anything about living in the NE, is the brotherhood of the New England sports fan. Well, that and Dunkin' Donuts at every corner (medium extra extra please). Whether it be Pats, Bruins, Celts or those stinkin' Sox, New England fans are the best fans and I am glad I found a place to share a voice and an ear.
Patriots are by far my true love when it comes to my pro teams. I am 32 years old. I grew up in the Boston Celtics Prime and the New England Patriots worst eras. The first Year I really paid much attention to sports I was in the 4th grade. I was living a dream because how can you have a better year to become a sports fan than that of a 10 year old New Englander in 1986. Bird vs Magic, Clemens and Oil can and Buckner, The Bears vs Stanley Morgan and the Pats.... Point being my hopes and spirits were through the roof that season.
Post 86, the only games in the professional market for me were the Patriots. Because of cost, distance and availability, Foxboro was the only option. I was in my teens and the Pats sucked however it was a good time so I would go to the games on occassion. I remember huddling in the rest rooms to stay warm on a freezing day when the Pats played the Dolphins in the late '80s(I know what your thinking, how could you even get in the restrooms at Foxboro. Well back then no one went to the games).
I have been a die hard fan of the Pats ever since the 86 superbowl and always will be. Jim McCmann is a terrible overrated QB also.

Hey my friends. My name is Merlin and I live in the desert in Az. I moved here from Rhodey in '03. The thing I miss more than anything about living in the NE, is the brotherhood of the New England sports fan. Well, that and Dunkin' Donuts at every corner (medium extra extra please). Whether it be Pats, Bruins, Celts or those stinkin' Sox, New England fans are the best fans and I am glad I found a place to share a voice and an ear.
Patriots are by far my true love when it comes to my pro teams. I am 32 years old. I grew up in the Boston Celtics Prime and the New England Patriots worst eras. The first Year I really paid much attention to sports I was in the 4th grade. I was living a dream because how can you have a better year to become a sports fan than that of a 10 year old New Englander in 1986. Bird vs Magic, Clemens and Oil can and Buckner, The Bears vs Stanley Morgan and the Pats.... Point being my hopes and spirits were through the roof that season.
Post 86, the only games in the professional market for me were the Patriots. Because of cost, distance and availability, Foxboro was the only option. I was in my teens and the Pats sucked however it was a good time so I would go to the games on occassion. I remember huddling in the rest rooms to stay warm on a freezing day when the Pats played the Dolphins in the late '80s(I know what your thinking, how could you even get in the restrooms at Foxboro. Well back then no one went to the games).
I have been a die hard fan of the Pats ever since the 86 superbowl and always will be. Jim McCmann is a terrible overrated QB also.

McMahon(or however its spelled) was the biggest joke to superbowl quaterbacks. Enjoy the boards. I'm from Rhodey as well. Don't know why you would want to leave!

Welcome to da board ;) ;),enjoy.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back