PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats dynasty over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pissed that I am swearing off Pats games for the rest of the week.

Don't try to stop me.

I think that's a fair statement. I'm a huge Pats fan, but I just can't bear to face news and such about them this week. I think the Pats will make the playoffs, but for how long they stay in, who knows. If they play like they did yesterday, it's the ol' one-and-done. We all know what they're capable of, and that's probably the most frustrating part. It's not jumping off the bandwagon, it's just frustration.

Unfortunately it will probably take a few more years of utter mediocrity before we stop wasting time watching (and thinking about) football.

I cherish the free time I have now since I stopped following the Celtics. Time I have to play video games.

Absolutely right. I look back with longing at all the free time I had before February 2002.

I think that's a fair statement. I'm a huge Pats fan, but I just can't bear to face news and such about them this week. I think the Pats will make the playoffs, but for how long they stay in, who knows. If they play like they did yesterday, it's the ol' one-and-done. We all know what they're capable of, and that's probably the most frustrating part. It's not jumping off the bandwagon, it's just frustration.

If the Pats play like they did yesterday for the rest of the year, the NFL should just enact a new rule that would allow them to block NE's playoff entry.

OK, you I like. A realist but a diehard fan. It's the "we just need to fix a few mistakes, Brady is God fans that I can't understand".

I wouldn't say Brady is God. That's Belichick. Brady is merely the physical manifestation of him on the field. Jesus, if you will.

Shouting and pounding the podium:

"MCBEE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!! YOU GOT THAT? HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!"

Apologies to Denny Green.

(Noted.)

mcbee is a mc(BM).

Absolutely right. I look back with longing at all the free time I had before February 2002.

I remember watching the Patriots lose to the Bengals in the first game of the 2001 season - I was starting to stop noticing them after that. Brady was making a name for himself before I started paying attention again.

Half way through the season I realized they had a really easy schedule and could make the playoffs.

In their playoff game against the Raiders, when they were losing, I was thankful for their nice little run.

It has pretty much been a total time sink since then.

I remember watching the Patriots lose to the Bengals in the first game of the 2001 season - I was starting to stop noticing them after that. Brady was making a name for himself before I started paying attention again.

Half way through the season I realized they had a really easy schedule and could make the playoffs.

In their playoff game against the Raiders, when they were losing, I was thankful for their nice little run.

It has pretty much been a total time sink since then.

I admire your honesty about being a bandwagoner. Not being facetious, but so many folks are quick to say "I've been with them through thick and thin", very few are as honest as you.

It ended with a whimper and a thud. Eeking out a 'tough' win agains the Lions and getting blown out by the phins.

It's over.

New wonder boy will be Philip Rivers / Drew Brees. Brady will feel like a red-headed stepchild and sulk with his hot girlfriend (who will probably dump him like yesterday's newspaper now that he's no longer a 'celeb'). Brady probably retires after this year or next.

BB won't be able to take the stress of mediocrity and will probably retire after next year.

Yes, you'll call me a troll, but I think I'm right.

I hereby relinquish all rights as to calling myself a Pats fan. For this year at least.

OK Chicken Little your right. The end of the world is here. The luck that got us 3 superbowls in 5 years has finally run out. Kraft should just sell the team or move it to another city. The dream is dead and it is all Brady's fault. Let's find out where BB lives and burn his house down.

Some of these fairweather fans that come moaning after a loss make me sick. Boo hoo we lost to Miami, so the run is over we will never win again. go jump off the bandwagon you rode in on then, go root for another team and stop whining like babies over tough loss. Its getting really pathetic. They looked bad Sunday, but this is the NFL things change week to week. The Cowboys were being called the best team in the NFC, now since the Saints dusted them they will be called the best, and on and on it will go. Dont call yourself a fan if you give up on a team with a 9-4 record and a 2 game lead in the East.

A dramatic departure, how touching, bet he expects an encore.

This guy makes me look like Mary Sunshine.

Some of these fairweather fans that come moaning after a loss make me sick. Boo hoo we lost to Miami, so the run is over we will never win again. go jump off the bandwagon you rode in on then, go root for another team and stop whining like babies over tough loss. Its getting really pathetic. They looked bad Sunday, but this is the NFL things change week to week. The Cowboys were being called the best team in the NFC, now since the Saints dusted them they will be called the best, and on and on it will go. Dont call yourself a fan if you give up on a team with a 9-4 record and a 2 game lead in the East.

I like San Diego. They have really nice uniforms. I like the dark blue. I like the thunderbolts on their helmets, and one of their helmets has the players number on it, which I really like. They are an old AFC team. They have good defense, good offense. Don't really know that much about them, but they look like they are getting better as the regular season ends. Go Chargers!

I like San Diego. They have really nice uniforms. I like the dark blue. I like the thunderbolts on their helmets, and one of their helmets has the players number on it, which I really like. They are an old AFC team. They have good defense, good offense. Don't really know that much about them, but they look like they are getting better as the regular season ends. Go Chargers!

Thstop it, Scooter. You know the Rams have the best uniforms, and ohhh, those horns.

I hereby relinquish all rights as to calling myself a Pats fan. For this year at least.
Or until they are better than 9-4, huh? I've got news for you: You never were a Pats fan. You just like to associate with the team on top.

Friggin' bandwagonner. Go away.

Unfortunately it will probably take a few more years of utter mediocrity before we stop wasting time watching (and thinking about) football.
Some of us watched the Pats in the early 90's.

Man, one of my best memories as a kid was the Pats playing on Christmas Eve either 1994 or 1995 (I know 94 was a Saturday, 95 a Sunday). My dad is a golf pro, and has a pro shop, so that was always a big day. I'd go to work with him, and there was a Christmas party, and people came in all day to hang out. Well, the Pats were on, and back then they weren't on very often. I remember sitting in the back room with my Bledsoe jersey watching the game, and then coming out to talk football with my dad's friends as happy as a pig in s***. I'm thinking that was 1994, because if I remember correctly, they made the playoffs, but back then anytime I could watch them, and they WON, I was a happy kid.

Kinda makes me laugh now, being pissed at 9-4.

It ended with a whimper and a thud. Eeking out a 'tough' win agains the Lions and getting blown out by the phins.

It's over.

Yes, you'll call me a troll, but I think I'm right.

Hoorah. And don't let the door slam you on the arse on the way out! Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.

There are even people who have paid actual money to watch games in person in Foxboro.

It's bad enough to waste time watching a football team on television, but to waste time and pay for the privilege should be illegal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes