Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats dynasty over

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mcbee, Dec 11, 2006.

1. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It ended with a whimper and a thud. Eeking out a 'tough' win agains the Lions and getting blown out by the phins.

It's over.

New wonder boy will be Philip Rivers / Drew Brees. Brady will feel like a red-headed stepchild and sulk with his hot girlfriend (who will probably dump him like yesterday's newspaper now that he's no longer a 'celeb'). Brady probably retires after this year or next.

BB won't be able to take the stress of mediocrity and will probably retire after next year.

Yes, you'll call me a troll, but I think I'm right.

I hereby relinquish all rights as to calling myself a Pats fan. For this year at least.
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So we will be seeing you in the playoffs, dont let the door hit you on the way off the bandwagon...
  3. edgecy

edgecy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're right, I think I will call you a troll.

Troll.
  4. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cool. That means we all benefit from losing the association.
  5. thomas144

thomas144 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0

They're nothing but a bunch of replacements!!!!!
  6. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I was struggling to find a silver lining to Sunday's game until this statement:

Goodbye McBee, you will not be missed here.
  7. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You are worthless worms. Yeah, "see you in the playoffs" where the Pats will get destroyed by some random team. Give it up, get a hobby.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Wow.

Look, I've admitted to myself we probably aren't going far in the playoffs this year but that's being a realist not a quitter or a fair weather fan. To end being a fan just because we probably aren't going to win it all - man, you really suck.

:bricks:
  9. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Speaking of 'give it up', you've already done that, so why don't you go ahead and log off.. permanently. Let the real fans chat amongst themselves. The bandwagon has crashed. You are on IR for the season, remember?
  10. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, you I like. A realist but a diehard fan. It's the "we just need to fix a few mistakes, Brady is God fans that I can't understand". I hereby dub thee, "good, loyal and realistic fan".
  11. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You dub BF a loyal and realistic fan after stating that you are no longer a fan because of how bad the pats are? Then what do you dub yourself? I dub thee: Negative Nancy and Fairweather Fan.
  12. chris66

chris66 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The tool probably didnt become a fan till 2001 anyway. Anyone who didnt have to suffer through the rod rust dick mcphearson years probably doesnt understand how much better this is I'll take 9-4 and a chance to win div and playoffs every year than going 1-15 or 2-14. at least we have something to play for every week, and knowing we are contenders every year as well
  13. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Why is he freaking out anyways...

That just goes to show you that most people in today's world just don't love football. They love winners.
  14. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It seems that many people have adopted the Patriots in a Yankeesfan kind of way. They love the Patriots as long as they keep winning. Fairweather fans are fine until they start these kinds of threads, thinking that they can label other true fans after they themselves have already stripped their Patsfan title out of 'shame'.
  15. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

It doesn't work that way. If you can stop being a fan,and then be one again, then you never were one.

You are like the girls who cheer from their boyfriends team even though they have no clue about the game or the team.

So, I hope that this mean that you are no longer going to post here and you will find another team. Jump on that Bolts bandwagon before it gets too full.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  16. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You know who I can't understand? The fans who are all over the team when times are good, singing their praises. Then, when they lose a game, and there is some adversity, bail on the team, trash them, and rag on those fans who are looking for some sort of rational discussion about the team they love.

That's what I can't understand.
  17. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +576 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Shouting and pounding the podium:

"MCBEE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!! YOU GOT THAT? HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!"

Apologies to Denny Green.
  18. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I'm so pissed that I am swearing off Pats games for the rest of the week.

Don't try to stop me.
  19. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Sometimes I wonder if the dynasty is over. I only say that because I remember the Bird led Celtics run. They were awesome at their peak, but looking back your a little disappointed that they didn't hang more banners. The Orr led Bruins were the same way, should have won at least another championship. This was a pivotal year for the Pats, tho in no way am I saying they will not win another championship. They are still one of the best teams in the NFL. If their run ends, I will bask in the glory of witnessing it and still order my Direct Tv. I will still converse on Patsfans and read the posts of the Johnny-come-lately morons whose predictions are reminiscent of friends opinions from my pre-teenage years. You know, trade Brady, cut Seymour, fire BB, etc. Reading this post you would think HOF Joe Gibbs was our coach with Brett as the qb. But hey, good luck rooting for your new team.
  20. thomas144

thomas144 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 3 / -0

Unfortunately it will probably take a few more years of utter mediocrity before we stop wasting time watching (and thinking about) football.

I cherish the free time I have now since I stopped following the Celtics. Time I have to play video games.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006