PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats drafting WR early, according to NESN

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Aaron Dobson.

What a crap shoot WR is for BB. And by "crap shoot", I either mean a random shot where the outcome is unknown, or somebody shooting literal crap.

According to some mock drafts there are not many teams in need of receivers, a lot of teams cashed in in this position over the last 2 drafts loaded with quality receivers so there's a real possibility of a lot of teams going DL, CB, OT and RB (plus at least 2 QBs guaranteed ) and with this a quality receiver might slip to us at #32, anyway I doubt BB will draft a receiver with our 1st round pick.

Time to pick a WR...

rolldice.gif

Dorsett or Devin Smith could be good in the 2nd, but I don't know what WR they would really be able to justify taking in the 1st.

Dorsett or Devin Smith could be good in the 2nd, but I don't know what WR they would really be able to justify taking in the 1st.

There are several. It's all about how the board falls.

Imagine if we hit the pick and Dobson emerged? Come on Dobson string it all together we've seen it in flashes!

Omg guyz, I think BB is gonna traed up 4 Kevin White!!!1 :eek::eek::eek:

Or all the attention could mean that they are seeing how much drop off there would be if they wait until the later rounds.

They should channel their inner George Costanza and go against their instinct, picking the guy who is the opposite of what they thinking they are getting. Opposite Bill.

Oh by the way, can you all finally admit, if this is true, that Dobson is more likely a bust than a NASA secret waiting to be revealed when least suspected.

Oh by the way, can you all finally admit, if this is true, that Dobson is more likely a bust than a NASA secret waiting to be revealed when least suspected.

I'm confused, what is the point of this? Is it a really bizarre attempt to chide people on the perfectly reasonable speculation that Dobson may not have been fully healthy last year? Speculation that was actually supported by his position coach?

I'm confused, what is the point of this? Is it a really bizarre attempt to chide people on the perfectly reasonable speculation that Dobson may not have been fully healthy last year? Speculation that was actually supported by his position coach?

No it was more about the Kool Aid drinkers who are 1000% sure that Dobson's injury was the only possible explanation for his demotion while highly overrating his rookie season.

Dobson & Denard are enigmas. Thankfully we have training camp.

This NESN story is a response to a story by Jason LaCanfora that some teams are expecting the Pats to draft a WR early because of the pro day visits that BB has attended, namely Central Florida (Perriman), Georgia (Conley), Maryland (Stefon Diggs) and Auburn (Sammie Coates).

However:

1. Conley and Diggs aren't really considered early picks, especially Diggs. I can see BB liking Conley fairly early though.

2. This ignores the fact that BB also went to Clemson. Clemson, Auburn and Maryland also have draftable DTs. Conversely, it ignores BBs visit to Louisville who have Devante Parker.

In defense of the theory, I'd say that Devin Smith and Sammie Coates are decent fits in my opinion and BB showed during FA a willingness to upgrade the offensive skill positions.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back