PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats draft QB Jimmy Garropolo from Eastern Illinois in the 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps longer posts with mispellings and lots of shortcut words and phrases that are difficult to figure out, along with duplicate posts, and rambling nonsensical stories would be a good way to make sure people follow what you are saying.

True...

But as for filling out the DT position on the depth chart, we had the bodies. Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Siliga, and Chris Jones.

Other than wilfork, there is not much talent there

When was Nate Solder talking retirement? I have not seen or heard anything of that nature, ever!

Mayo is a top five 4-3 LB in the entire NFL, he was the tenth pick in the 2008 NFL draft, and he ran a 4.54 forty, had a vertical of 40 ½ along with putting up 22 reps on the bench. Hightower ran a 4.62 forty at nearly 270lbs. No doubt, Collins is extremely talented but the other two are as well.

I think he meant Matt Light?

This forum needs a "confused" option in the ratings bar...

That is impressive for a high school junior. I do not understand the Garopollo correlation; he ran a 4.92 at the combine so it seems unlikely he could make that play.
But, don't you see? The Patriots promised Garoppolo they'd pick him early if he intentionally dogged his 40 at the combine to keep his secret weapon under wraps. :cool:

CNN, being idiots, make that link not work. I leads me to a black screen with a play button. A fter I wait a minute to see if it starts, I hit play. It then brings me to their home page.

A third try gets it.
Old Macs never die, they just load video slowly.
Here it is on Youtube:

But, don't you see? The Patriots promised Garoppolo they'd pick him early if he intentionally dogged his 40 at the combine to keep his secret weapon under wraps. :cool:
I other news, US fakes moon landing.:)

Kelly before the injury was playing good.

He's solid, no doubt, but he's not a pro bowler. This team has not had much talent at DT since seymour left. Eli manning was given way too much time to make his flukey throws.

Kelly before the injury was playing good.

Sure, but he's been injured and he's on the wrong side of 30, we definitely need more beef on the D-line.

I other news, US fakes moon landing.:)
Nah, we were last on the moon 42 years ago. They have video and photos. No need to fake it now.

Just wait. When Garoppolo catches his own 45-yard pass for a touchdown, the world will be stunned and BB will laugh hysterically on the sidelines.

So the reverse Brady where the Pats made Brady juice up for his combine to make him look even faster than he actually is? /s

Last edited:
Thank god she showed what a cell phone was, or i woulda been really confused....

So the reverse Brady where the Pats made Brady juice up for his combine to make him look even faster than he actually is?
I doubt that was possible.

So the reverse Brady where the Pats made Brady juice up for his combine to make him look even faster than he actually is?

Does this man look like he's been juicing? :)

TOM-BRADY-PIC-1.jpg

That didn't look like 40 yards to me, just sayin. The second one definitely wasn't. Still impressive though.

Headline should have been "Giselle proven wrong."

Bravo!

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Brady WAS able to pull off the same feat in practice. He's got a strong enough arm to arc it high and give himself enough time to get under it.

But unless I'm mistaken, isn't the QB an ineligible receiver unless he pitches the ball to someone first? That is, the QB is only an eligible receiver if his first pass is NOT a forward pass?

That's not to say he couldn't pitch it to the RB and then have it pitched back, but now we're getting convoluted (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about eligible receivers... though I understand that this whole thread is just in good fun!)

Bravo!

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Brady WAS able to pull off the same feat in practice. He's got a strong enough arm to arc it high and give himself enough time to get under it.

But unless I'm mistaken, isn't the QB an ineligible receiver unless he pitches the ball to someone first? That is, the QB is only an eligible receiver if his first pass is NOT a forward pass?

That's not to say he couldn't pitch it to the RB and then have it pitched back, but now we're getting convoluted (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about eligible receivers... though I understand that this whole thread is just in good fun!)
I doubt this ever has been attempted in a real game. Probably never will. But it would be great to see, just for the sake of watching the refs' heads explode.

BTW, the QB certainly can be an eligible receiver. He can line up behind center, go in motion and the ball can be snapped directly to a running back, who then throws to the QB.

So that's y they didn't feel the need 2 draft a wr. Glad he can catch a 45 yrd pass, everybody knows we don't have a wr who can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back