PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats draft Darren McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i think there is better value in a mammoth left tackle in long who would be a perrenial pro bowler for years to come and you could run right behind him.

if they don't go OL. then obviously defense. maybe thye could sign asante but i doubt it which means they need LB or CB. I'd like a cb with some size if it's possible. we need a tackling maching inside like a demeco ryans.

personally i think there is better value in a mammoth left tackle in long who would be a perrenial pro bowler for years to come and you could run right behind him.

if they don't go OL. then obviously defense. maybe thye could sign asante but i doubt it which means they need LB or CB. I'd like a cb with some size if it's possible. we need a tackling maching inside like a demeco ryans.

How many of those guys are total busts though? LT always has this one big mega stud come out and then falls flat on his face.

See Gallery, Robert.

How many of those guys are total busts though? LT always has this one big mega stud come out and then falls flat on his face.

See Gallery, Robert.

true, so I'll leave it up to BB, they always hit on 1st rounders even if it take a season or two for the player to develop

true, so I'll leave it up to BB, they always hit on 1st rounders even if it take a season or two for the player to develop

I wasnt saying it wouldnt happen just that there is no such thing as a sure thing anymore.

Logan Mankins was a complete surprise and now hes one of the best guards in the game.

McFadden reminds me more of Chris Brown than Adrian Peterson: Upright, good long speed, but not very elusive, and missing the short area burst.

Maroney and Sammy Morris is a great 1-2 punch as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I think we will pony up for Samuel. Since the second half of '06 one could make the argument he's been the best CB in football. If we do keep Samuel, I could see them trading down, possibly way down, for a LB or DB.

Run DmC is definitely one heck of a talent.

Jake Long is an absolute beast but I think the Pats have done pretty darn well with Matt Light at LT. As for linebackers, I have personally seen a lot of Dan Connor and Laurenaitis. They're both awesome but I think Connor fits the mold of lb we're looking for a little better.

Connor is a classic tough, smart, gritty, run stopper, an excellent blitzer, and good in coverage. When Paul Poz won the Butkus playing alongside Connor last year, I wasn't the only one astonished that they picked the wrong Penn State LB. Connor has played better than Poz on a worse defense and Poz was pretty darn good for the Bills until he got injured this year. Laurenaitis is a play maker: excellent in coverage, an uncanny knack for interceptions and a good blitzer. However, if you watch his almost every Saturday, he is not nearly the same run stopper as Connor. He's good but trust me, Connor's better in this area. He's still a beast though.

OSU's Vernon Gohlston (DE) is a potentially VERY interesting OLB conversion project, the guy is a FREAK 6'4 260, he's got 10 sacks so far this year (8th in the nation) and has allegedly run very low 4.5's before . Downside? He's probably on roids :eek:

gholston1.jpg

Do you turn down a pass rusher like that?

Run DmC is definitely one heck of a talent.

Jake Long is an absolute beast but I think the Pats have done pretty darn well with Matt Light at LT. As for linebackers, I have personally seen a lot of Dan Connor and Laurenaitis. They're both awesome but I think Connor fits the mold of lb we're looking for a little better.

Connor is a classic tough, smart, gritty, run stopper, an excellent blitzer, and good in coverage. When Paul Poz won the Butkus playing alongside Connor last year, I wasn't the only one astonished that they picked the wrong Penn State LB. Connor has played better than Poz on a worse defense and Poz was pretty darn good for the Bills until he got injured this year. Laurenaitis is a play maker: excellent in coverage, an uncanny knack for interceptions and a good blitzer. However, if you watch his almost every Saturday, he is not nearly the same run stopper as Connor. He's good but trust me, Connor's better in this area. He's still a beast though.

OSU's Vernon Gohlston (DE) is a potentially VERY interesting OLB conversion project, the guy is a FREAK 6'4 260, he's got 10 sacks so far this year (8th in the nation) and has allegedly run very low 4.5's before . Downside? He's probably on roids :eek:

gholston1.jpg

Do you turn down a pass rusher like that?
You dont have to be on roids or anything like that to look like that. Hell the guy could just be on straight protein shakes and a carb diet but as long as he does cardio enough into his workout then hes fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back