PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats draft Chris Houston or

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense. Samuel, Hobbs, Gay, Wilson and Sanders are five starters all in their mid twenties. Hawkins is still under thirty as is Mitchell. Andrews is a ST find, and he is one year our of college too.

What you really meant is that we have ONE secondary player is is older; He also has two experienced starters standing in line to take his job... (Sanders Hawkins)
The venerable Chad Scott extends greetings and asks that you not forget him in your listing of secondary youth. :singing:

Last edited:
Let's see....you have oft injured Gay who is a RFA or UFA next year, just injured Wilson who is an UFA next year, IIRC, 30 something Rodney who is coming off a tough injury and has slowed down, Samuel who is franchised and probably won't be here next year....who else do they have? Some castoffs at safety. Hobbes is pretty good. Sanders is OK. I'd say they need another safety and CB at least.

Openings at LB, sure, they will draft a couple although they seem to like to pick them up as FAs instead.

WR? Dime a dozen and the top picked guys always seem to bust.

And how productive has the late and UDFA pickups at LB been? TBC is a success, but few fans seem to want to give him the time that Tedy took to turn into a regular.

Otherwise success equals zero.

Bill & Scott had to rebuild the entire roster. First things first; build the DL and thr OL and then the secondary. Check. Check and Check. Job Done. Now the only area that has very poor to none existent depth is at LB. Time to add a couple of high pick LBs as the best way to add to the TEAM, and not just collect talent...

The venerable Chad Scott extends greetings and asks that you not forget him in your listing of secondary youth. :singing:

You were asking for young starters. Seriously, do you prefer playing a scrub like Spann instead of an ex #1 draft choice and long time starter for the winning Steelers as a RESERVE, swing CB/S?

That my friend is called having D-E-P-T-H.

You were asking for young starters. Seriously, do you prefer playing a scrub like Spann instead of an ex #1 draft choice and long time starter for the winning Steelers as a RESERVE, swing CB/S?

That my friend is called having D-E-P-T-H.
I, my friend, did not ask for anything. ;) Further, I have no problem with our defensive Chad, he's done quite well for us and was a significant part in shutting down Antonio the Gates. Young Spann may or may not develop, but he's showing the right attitude. Further, Collier is not alone, O T I S is on the job...yah gotta like the prognosis. :singing:

I like Sanders and Hobbs as starters in 2008. The other positions are wide open though. After seeing the Nate Clements deal, Samuel could get messy. I can't see us agreeing terms with him and I don't see him politely accepting the season tagged. I think we'll draft a couple of corners, and trade Asante if we like how they progress through the summer.

Yeah I don't see the Pats ponying up 80M/8years to Samuel. Even if a lot of that money is phoney money that is just a ridiculous contract and Samuel will likely demand at least that much now.

OK, maybe they trade up to mid teens and get Landry and get a second in the process.

Then take Spencer in the 2nd, Maybe the CB from NC state in the 3rd or 4th.

found this at http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/

After Chris Houston's Combine performance, I went back and studied several of his games. He is one very impressive Corner. Chris is the best press Corner in the Draft. And yet, he's just under 5'10 and only weighs 185. The key is that he's physical. He gets up on the receiver and jams him really well. He's athletic enough to be able to turn and run with the receiver. If a team is looking for a good, physical CB, he is worth going after aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes