PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats DL Voted tops in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember some people from the Chargers' board asking, "who is on NE's D-line? Seymour, Wilfork, and....lol"

And don't forget another reason they were ranked #1. . . .

If these three weren't enough of a problem, end Jarvis Green is good enough to start for most teams but is merely a spare part in New England, and tackle Mike Wright has gone from an undrafted nobody to one of the league's most productive second-stringers.

[Of course, I think this success with 6s/7s/UDFAs is, in part, one of the reasons why some of us on this board get hopped up over the possibility of trading even a 7th. . . . :) ]

Re: Pats D Line Voted tops in the NFL

Sort of off topic, but if you guys could go back to the Draft Wilfork was selected and pick him or Steven Jackson who would you pick? I say this only because it was the belief of many that we were going to select Jackson, mostly because no one dreamed of Wilfork falling that far. I think that that was the year we also traded for Dillon so many would so it would be a non-issue, however if I recall we almost traded up to select Kevin Jones before Detroit did. Of course this was only speculation.

I for one would still select Wilfork because a mediocre RB is fairly easy to pick off the waiver wire, but a proven NT is as stated in the article can be counted on one hand.
And actually, Wilfork wasn't a proven NT in college. At UMia. he was a one- gap penetrating DT. His nickname was "Baby Sapp." How Bioli was able to project his NT ablilty only goes to show why none of us should be second-guessing them.

No need to appologize! Seymour has not been playing at all close to his press clippings. It says here that his injury was the cause. At least I hope so. Now, he apparently has another injury (last year I think it was his elbow, but I read it's his knee that has him on the PUP).

Bottom line, at least you're not like so many that praise Seymour as the best even when he's not playing like it.

It shouldn't be overlooked that both Warren and Wilfolk will be major re-signing targets in the next few years... all the more reason not to break the bank for Samuel...

Given a choice I'd prefer to invest heavilly on the DL more so than CB where good system guys (of which Samuel is an excellent guy for our system) can offset the high cost of re-signing Wilfork and Warren

Knowing we can't have everything I'd love to see Samuel report to camp with a quiet understanding that he'll not be tagged next year, use free agency and the draft build cost efficient quality at CB but use the cost savings to re-up our entire DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back