PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Dir. College Scouting Thomas Dimitroff to be named Falcons GM [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT- Falcons have hired Patriots director of college scouting

Bad news, very bad news. :mad:
As bad news goes today, this is nothing more than a blip to me. I'll worry about this later, I have a lot more on my mind as potential bad news starting soon.

As bad news goes today, this is nothing more than a blip to me. I'll worry about this later, I have a lot more on my mind as potential bad news starting soon.

Why so negative? We should have nothing to worry about.

Re: Dimitroff

Hey, I'm a falcons fan, and I'm just wondering what you all thought of him.

And congrats on the 16-0

Hello, Falcons fan. Outside of media members with excellent sources, no one up here really knows much about the guy. Some of us have heard his name every now and then, over the years, but nothing of any real substance.

Best I can give you is this: If he worked at the top with Pioli for as long as he did, rest assured that he was accountable and produced results. Otherwise, he'd have been long gone.

Why so negative? We should have nothing to worry about.
I know - and I have an unusual calm about me right now - but it's still possible. Also a win with a bunch of injuries. They worry me a lot more than this right now.

Re: Dimitroff

He has been around the NFL for about 18 years, with the Pats for about six.. going from the head of college scouting to GM is a big leap, has good experience.. but will see how he does.

Re: Pats Dir. College Scouting Thomas Dimitroff to be named Falcons GM [mergedx2]

Here's the Pats' scouting department as of training camp. Keep in mind when Nick Caserio became WRs coach, he wasn't replaced as Director of Player Personnel.

07scoutsdi4.png

Here's Dimitroff's history (2003):

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=3463&pcid=47

Thomas Dimitroff Jr. will replace Cook as the director of college scouting after serving the past season as the team’s national scout. He is entering his 14th season in player personnel, including his 11th in the NFL. He began his professional career scouting for the Canadian Football League in 1990, followed by the World League in 1992 before joining the NFL in 1993 with the Kansas City Chiefs. Prior to joining the Patriots, he gained experience as a regional scout for the Detroit Lions (1994-97), followed by four seasons with the Cleveland Browns (1998-01).

Re: Pats Dir. College Scouting Thomas Dimitroff to be named Falcons GM [mergedx2]

i think the falcons made a pretty good move...the guy was under the radar, which must mean the falcons found out or saw something about him...

either way, not too big of a loss for the pats i dont think, the position shouldnt be that hard to replace, not with BB and pioli being so hands on

but i think still a good move by the falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back