PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Defense: Underrated? (& a blown punt!?!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodRustsGhost

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Perhaps i'm missing something deeply technical, but here are a couple of things i keep thinking:

a) If special teams doesn't maul the kicker, Jacksonville doesn't get the second touchdown.

b) If BB doesn't have to fish for 20-min in his sock for a red flag, they dont' get their first touchdown.

It seems to me like the Pats D came up pretty huge most of the night. There's no doubt that the secondary was soft, and that's certainly not good, but overhall.. 6pnts in the second half - that's pretty solid and encouraging.

I think Felger's article was a bit over the top.

I just have a hard time getting past the fact that the pats blew that punt. That was ******ed.

Belichick had the flag in hand, he just couldn't get definitive word to throw it.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the punt ? :confused:

Perhaps i'm missing something deeply technical, but here are a couple of things i keep thinking:

a) If special teams doesn't maul the kicker, Jacksonville doesn't get the second touchdown.

b) If BB doesn't have to fish for 20-min in his sock for a red flag, they dont' get their first touchdown.

It seems to me like the Pats D came up pretty huge most of the night. There's no doubt that the secondary was soft, and that's certainly not good, but overhall.. 6pnts in the second half - that's pretty solid and encouraging.

I think Felger's article was a bit over the top.

I just have a hard time getting past the fact that the pats blew that punt. That was ******ed.

I don't think there was enough evidence to over rule the TD. I seen it 10 times and *I* still don't know if he was down or not. TOO close to call

Listening to EEI this AM, same old.. Thomas was not existent, Seymour not playing well, LB's getting old.. bottom line is they held their 2 headed monster to 66 yards rushing.. stacked the box, so if we do that there are more pass opportunities and no opportunity for cover 2.. swear sometime people do not see the same game as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes