Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From The Globe:

Dan Koppen:
"We were rallying around Matt," center Dan Koppen explained of the feeling in the huddle when Cassel came on. "You have to play with the guys you got, and we have confidence in Matt, with how he prepares and practices. He was able to come in the game and manage and execute the game we wanted to."

Wes Welker:
"I think he did pretty well for a guy y'all thought should have gotten cut."

Randy Moss:
"The show must go on and hopefully Matt Cassel is ready to step in," Moss said. "From a team standpoint we are ready to embrace him and let him lead us."

Even Reiss thought he would be cut.

Did you really expect them to say anything to the contrary?

No, but they could have just said "you know, I really don't want to talk right now."

He's not the solution for the rest of the year, but that will be addressed in the next day or so. Still, he came in a did a servicable job in a tough spot. Gotta aprieciate that.

He's not the solution for the rest of the year, but that will be addressed in the next day or so. Still, he came in a did a servicable job in a tough spot. Gotta aprieciate that.

Really, though, who's available and clearly would do better than someone who's had three years in the system?

brady made some comments responding to things shannon sharp and someone else said on nfl network about cassel during the preseason. it is no suprise to me that other playes are doing the same. oh and wes welkers quote was great

Im not so sure about that, he may be better than everyone thinks. Im sure the game plans will change but I think he can do a much better job of leading this team to wins than anyones giving him credit for.

Really, though, who's available and clearly would do better than someone who's had three years in the system?

Chris Simms is probably better on a talent level, and we'll probably end up signing him..... No that he'll learn the system and definatly win over the starting nod. But he's a veteran. Ditto with Culpepper.

Yes, I know those aren't great options, but despite how he played today, not sure he'd be a capable long term starter. We'll see.

Could you imagine..

Koppen: Matt who? Oh hell. We're f'ed!

I mean it would be funny but of course they are going to rally around him.

Im not so sure about that, he may be better than everyone thinks. Im sure the game plans will change but I think he can do a much better job of leading this team to wins than anyones giving him credit for.

And I think the way he "prepares" to back-up Tom is a lot less intense than how he'll prepare now. Time for the critics to get their pie-holes shut.

I'm thinking BB is giddy about getting the chance to try again. :D

Loved Wes' quote. That will go along way to unifying the team.

Last edited:
Wes Welker:

Quote:

Hmmmmm ... :rolleyes: ... does wes post in our forum?

Last edited:
Wes Welker:

Quote:

Hmmmmm ... :rolleyes: ... does wes post in our forum?

Is he wrong?

Cassel's gotta be the guy for the remainder of the year, unless he stumbles early and either the rook or Simms steps up and learns the system. Both seem unlikely. gotta rally around the troops. gotta think the RBs are going to see alot more work now

He's not the solution for the rest of the year, but that will be addressed in the next day or so.
He probably is the solution - but not a good enough solution but as long as he plays reasonably well, he's the one who's going to play I expect.

I know right? Lets talk **** about one of our fellow players, who will probably be our QB the rest of the year.

Koppen & Moss could be just rallying behind the QB.

But Wes....no way that was just rallying. He must have thought the press was treating Matt unfair all along. That was an in your face GFY statement to everyone in the media who wrote Matt should have been cut.

He probably is the solution - but not a good enough solution but as long as he plays reasonably well, he's the one who's going to play I expect.

He along with some veteran back up, all this is being said with the belief that Brady is down for the season... it is Cassel's job to loose.

Last edited:

I say he is at this point. Ride him as long as he'll go.

You can't expect them to bring someone in and learn the system in a couple weeks. I hopefully expect some steady improvement with Cassel and asumme he will settle in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back