Pats cut 14 incl. Bryant and Gutierrez; 2 (Ruud, K. Smith to IR); Ross to R/NFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Patriots make cuts

Here's the announcement, just issued by the Patriots:

The New England Patriots placed two players on the reserve/injured list, placed one player on the reserve/non-football injury list and released 14 players today. Tackle Oliver Ross (shoulder) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list, while linebacker Bo Ruud (ankle) and defensive lineman Kenny Smith (arm) were placed on the reserve/injured list. Additionally, New England released 14 players, listed below.

The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL’s regular-season roster limit, which took effect at 4:00 p.m. EDT today.

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/INJURED LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
91 Ruud, Bo LB
95 Smith, Kenny DL

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/NFI LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
76 Ross, Oliver T

PLAYERS RELEASED BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
62 Adams, Titus DL
25 Bryant, Fernando CB
46 DeVree, Tyson TE
30 Dillard, Mark S
75 Flynn, Mike C
42 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus RB
7 Gutierrez, Matt QB
59 Hobson, Victor LB
49 Redd, Vince LB
35 Richardson, Mike CB
64 Sene, Stephen T
28 Spann, Antwain DB
92 Thomas, Santonio DL
69 Welbourn, John G

Re: Patriots make cuts

So many people here thought Fernando Bryant was going to have some miraculous turn around here...

they're gonna start wheatley i imagine? I thought this weeks ago.

Here's the announcement, just issued by the Patriots:

The New England Patriots placed two players on the reserve/injured list, placed one player on the reserve/non-football injury list and released 14 players today. Tackle Oliver Ross (shoulder) was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list, while linebacker Bo Ruud (ankle) and defensive lineman Kenny Smith (arm) were placed on the reserve/injured list. Additionally, New England released 14 players, listed below.

The Patriots are in compliance with the NFL’s regular-season roster limit, which took effect at 4:00 p.m. EDT today.

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/INJURED LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
91 Ruud, Bo LB
95 Smith, Kenny DL

PLAYERS PLACED ON THE RESERVE/NFI LIST BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
76 Ross, Oliver T

PLAYERS RELEASED BY THE PATRIOTS TODAY
# NAME POS
62 Adams, Titus DL
25 Bryant, Fernando CB
46 DeVree, Tyson TE
30 Dillard, Mark S
75 Flynn, Mike C
42 Green-Ellis, BenJarvus RB
7 Gutierrez, Matt QB
59 Hobson, Victor LB
49 Redd, Vince LB
35 Richardson, Mike CB
64 Sene, Stephen T
28 Spann, Antwain DB
92 Thomas, Santonio DL
69 Welbourn, John G

To bad Hobson and Bryant didn't work out. I had high hopes for both.

Thank you Chris!!!

ventrone made the team.... good for him

he's gonna be a sleeper for some catches

Now, folks can start speculating about the practice squad ... any thoughts?

Nobody that really stood out in preseason, though Gutierrez and Bryant are mild surprises.

So many people here thought Fernando Bryant was going to have some miraculous turn around here...

All I have to say about that is THANK GOODNESS. I'm telling you, when he got run over by that tightend the other night, I had flashbacks of Monty Beisel getting run over by LT. It scared the HELL out of me.

wow bryant cut is surprising. hobson not so much. think this means seau is on his way back.

At least 1 more year of Brady..what is BB thinking!!!

I knew Cassel was gonna stick around, glad Chad Jackson's staying too. So whos our top 3 corners Hobbs, Wheatley and Wilhite?

Only surprise on the list, except maybe hobson

Not me, I saw a guy that was all done and I posted many times about it, only to get lambasted by Sicilian over it. This is very, very relieving and hands the reigns over to Wheatley, whewwwwww...........

I have to agree on Hobson/Seau ... I see Junior making his way back to town at some point.

All I have to say about that is THANK GOODNESS. I'm telling you, when he got run over by that tightend the other night, I had flashbacks of Monty Beisel getting run over by LT. It scared the HELL out of me.

Amen........

yeah, athat was bad, but personnel decisions need tobe made on more that one play, no matter how bad.

He played with the ones all preseason, and no matter what we thought, that was a clear sign of what BB thought.

Here’s the full announcement, just made by the team moments ago (a copy of this same release has already been cut and pasted to the messageboard):The New England Patriots placed two players on the reserve/injured list, placed one player on the reserve/non-football injury list and released 14 players today. Tackle Oliver Ross (shoulder) was placed [...]

More...

yeah, athat was bad, but personnel decisions need tobe made on more that one play, no matter how bad.

He played with the ones all preseason, and no matter what we thought, that was a clear sign of what BB thought.

he gave him more than ample fair chance to make the team

CJ Jones made the team? Kinda surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back