PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats criticized for not wearing "21" decal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a little insight my bru-tha, you'd have seen there have been comments regarding Taylor's character. the man is dead and in my opinion, only people of little character would cut down a man who just died a week ago...

Let it go.

I agree with you that people shouldn't be insinuating or bluntly stating something about his history (especially when it has absolutely nothing to do with his tragic death), but that's not what the brunt of this thread was about. I commend you for attempting to "take-to-task" those morons who imply that Sean Taylor's death was anything other than a senseless murder, but your attempt to do so was poorly framed, IMHO.

But finding new and innovative ways to point a finger at the Patriots has become a diversion of sorts for the growing throng of NFL observers who simply don't like the team that has torn through the league in 2007.

Says it all right there.

But finding new and innovative ways to point a finger at the Patriots has become a diversion of sorts for the growing throng of NFL observers who simply don't like the team that has torn through the league in 2007.

Says it all right there.

Exactly.... The Patriots are being made to look evil and conniving.

Where is the 91 decal for our lost player? Only the Patriots are wearing it now... Perhaps they thought that wearing 2 longer then necessary would diminish their fallen brother.

Bingo.

Sean Taylor was a punk, and he died like a punk. It's sad that he passed, don't get me wrong, but the bottom line is that you reap what you sow.

Sorry, but you are out of line here. He did NOT die like a punk. He was MURDERED when 4 scum bags broke into his house and intentionally shot him with his Fiance' and daughter in the room with him.

By all accounts, Taylor had changed and I think that the people who were with him every day know him better than you.

Well, why isn't everyone else wearing a Marquis Hill decal? He died suddenly too through no fault of his own. Gimme a break.

they should put on the number '72' with a line thru it.

Used to be the uniform code did not allow for anything not authorized by the league so any sticker had to be approved. I was suprised that #91 has been on the helmet all season. I just wondered how/when the rule changed? Is only one allowed and special exception made for the Pats to wear both

I remember hearing about this after the Tilman death and the players were furious that they could not continue to wear a sticker in honor of him.

"There is neither honor not flattery in death.....All skulls offer the same grin and say nothing. If the living could believe this, there would be nor more loss of sleeping in this weary world..."

I could have sworn that I didn't see the #21 decals on ANY of the Ravens helmets the other day.

Used to be the uniform code did not allow for anything not authorized by the league so any sticker had to be approved. I was suprised that #91 has been on the helmet all season. I just wondered how/when the rule changed? Is only one allowed and special exception made for the Pats to wear both

I remember hearing about this after the Tilman death and the players were furious that they could not continue to wear a sticker in honor of him.

"There is neither honor not flattery in death.....All skulls offer the same grin and say nothing. If the living could believe this, there would be nor more loss of sleeping in this weary world..."

Honoring your teammate has always been allowed. Arizona players were allowed to wear Tillman's number all season. The players who were furious were players on other teams.

The Broncos have been wearing 2 decals all season for Darrant Williams and Damian Nash.

I am fairly certain that the rule is that it just has to be NFL approved. But the NFL's uniform code is not something I've found necessary to learn.

I bet a fair amount of the people *****ing about that don't even realize that the Pats lost one of their own before the saeason.

I could have sworn that I didn't see the #21 decals on ANY of the Ravens helmets the other day.

Neither the Raven's, nor the Colts had the #21 decals on their helmets.

I know this is probably not the reason why, but did anyone else think that the helmets looked funny with two decals on it?

Maybe this has already been said but I don't see any other team wearing the #91 decal on their helmets. And from what we know M.Hill died a hero. Thats not taking anything away from Taylor. His daughter,and girlfriend were in the house at the time of the robbery. But the whole thing is has gotten out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back