PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats creating a paradigm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I can't see if this has been mentioned but I think the Pats are trying to put other NFL teams in a corner.....i.e. continually overpricing players in the open market.

Let's say a team like the Saints wants Branch bad and pays him the money he's looking for.

The Pats say they want a #1 pick in return because he was able to get paid as one the top 7-8 WRs in the league.

The problem isn't the compensation because the Saints may do the deal. The problem is the 13-15 recievers that had better stats than Branch are gonna start looking at their deals.

Mayhem ensues.

The chance the Pats are taking is that teams are either not in a favorable salary situation or sensible and after a week, Branch comes back empty handed.

Slagathor said:
I can't see if this has been mentioned but I think the Pats are trying to put other NFL teams in a corner.....i.e. continually overpricing players in the open market.
It's not the Patriots who are putting teams in a corner but the Tennessee Titans overpaying wide receiver David Givens in the unrestricted free agent market!

ATippett56 said:
It's not the Patriots who are putting teams in a corner but the Tennessee Titans overpaying wide receiver David Givens in the unrestricted free agent market!

That's actually what I think the Pats are trying to change.

A team like Tennessee who has SO MANY glaring needs, way overpays a #2 WR really screws things up.

Trust me as I think the Pats ain't doing this for "the good of the league".

They're just protecting their business model which has been very successful to date.

Slagathor said:
That's actually what I think the Pats are trying to change.
They're just protecting their business model which has been very successful to date.

The New England Patriots are fiscally disciplined and will not overpay whatsoever in the unrestricted free agent market.

If Tom Brady wants Deion Branch so bad in New England, he can take a pay cut for the next three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes