PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats could be part of history 12/31/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
Take a look at the Titans' remaining schedule and see if there isn't a possibility they are 0-15 going into our game New Year's Eve:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/TEN

That October 29th home game against the Texans may be their only shot at a W this year. Though I think this Haynesworth incident has buried team morale.

never gonna happen, they'll pop up and take a bit out of somebody...most likely houston or perhaps washington.

richpats said:
Take a look at the Titans' remaining schedule and see if there isn't a possibility they are 0-15 going into our game New Year's Eve:...
[

Anyone going to that game??

I originally was only going to go if the Pats had something to play for (not wanting to see scrubs all day that may lose). Now I think our scrubs could take the Titans and deliver a W. Considering our game the previous week against the Jags I'm sure Belichick will want to rest some bodies for the postseason.

Throw in the possibility that the Titans could go winless and it's all the more intriguing. I bet seats behind the Pats bench will be a steal!

Sure, count me in!

I don't see them winning in Houston.

I'm back into worry mode - if they get to 0-15 and we show up needing a W...

ironwasp said:
I don't see them winning in Houston.

I'm back into worry mode - if they get to 0-15 and we show up needing a W...

If we have trouble with an 0-15 team we have greater worries.

You have a lot of time on your hands. This is complete random speculation likely to go wrong. A waste of a thread, IMHO.

Titans will win two or three games before it is said and done. :eek:

What will happen on 31/12/06 ?

Edit, oh, ok.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
You have a lot of time on your hands. This is complete random speculation likely to go wrong. A waste of a thread, IMHO.

If you can make a legitimate argument for those 2 or 3 wins then I'll agree with your 'waste of a thread' comment.

Nothing like Pats fans turning against each other :rolleyes:

richpats said:
If you can make a legitimate argument for those 2 or 3 wins then I'll agree with your 'waste of a thread' comment.

Nothing like Pats fans turning against each other :rolleyes:

You're lucky that Digger didn't reply to this thread. I was being polite! :D

It goes under the category of 'chicken little', IMHO. Nothing personal.

I wouldn't normally consider it thread-worthy but just looking at their remaining opponents it seems highly possible they will not win a game. All but 2 games (both against Houston) are against teams with .500+ records. Their best QB for this season (Volek) has been traded away. Vince Young could get pumped for the Houston games though, since they passed on him and that's his hometown.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:

If I had used a smiley face instead of eek face, you would have been able to tell that I was mostly joking around. :D

Would it be wrong for me to point out that I was the only one to pick the Titans in the "who will be the last to get a win" poll a few weeks ago? ;)
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=41466

Seriously, I explained my choice then based on their schedule, it's pretty brutal for such a weak team. I do think Fisher is a good coach, and I'd be surprised if they didn't eke out a couple of wins along the way. But it's going to be an ugly, ugly season.

Regardless, the Patriots aren't going to need that New Year's Eve win, right? Right?

I think the AFC will be so competitive for the bye's and HFA that we will need to win that game- and we're better off playing for real anyways.

richpats said:
I think the AFC will be so competitive for the bye's and HFA that we will need to win that game- and we're better off playing for real anyways.

I agree,,,,we could be playing for homefield or a bye then--which will make it a worthy game for us....and i've never known BB to play the B team before the playoffs. He usually wants to go into the playoffs playing his best football!

IMO it is more unlikely for a team to go winless than it is to go undefeated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey