PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats completely misjudged the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
:rofl: I'm thinking about changing mine to Bag_O_Hammers.
Going on the road in a 60's revival? :p

Box_O_Rocks said:
Going on the road in a 60's revival? :p
NO we got enough of the Rolling Stones at the Super Bowl.:help:

WHo may go????

SoonerPatriot said:
Add Vinatieri to the list. BBFan you have your agenda towards him for whatever reason, but the fact is he's a reliable kicker who may go to the HOF some day.

Who MAY go to the HOF? Dude...NO question the guy is going......

well said.....

SoonerPatriot said:
Couldn't care less about savings applied to whatvever position it's applied to. I care about winning titles and winning titles just got a little harder without AV.

Nobody will be cheering over 2 million in cap savings when/if Joe Blow misses a kick in the AFC title game and the season is over. They will be *****ing about Joe Blow.

You can't do anything....when GREED sets in....and Vinny gave up his legacy in Boston for another million.....I expect him to be selling his SB rings next....obviously anything is "for sale" with Adam Vinateri.....including his reputation/"legend" here in New England.....what a shame......

Pats Fanatic said:
NO we got enough of the Rolling Stones at the Super Bowl.:help:
Maybe you did, but I've always loved their anti-war, folk classics!

SoonerPatriot said:
This team finds itself in a lot of close games. Games that are often decided by a point or two. In fact that was one of the big points the Pats doubters had about the Dynasty -- we didn't dominate anyone. The odds of needing him really don't matter until you actually need him. I wouldn't bet a nickel against this team not needing a clutch kick at some point next regular season or at some point in the playoffs if we make them.

In 2003, The Patriots average win was by : 10.285 (only 1 game by a FG)
In 2004, The Patriots average win was by: 13.71 (only 1 by a FG)
In 2005, the Patriots average win was by: 7.64 (3 by a FG).

So, in the last 3 years, where the Pats have had 38 wins, only 5 of them have been by a FG. And last year's down year can be pointed to the defensive issues.

But, you're right, the Pats find themselves in a lot of close games. Granted, the the 3 SBs in the last 5 years have all been close, but even if you decide to add the last two, you still have 4 other games where the Patriots won handedly.

Yes, having Adam would be great. However, it looks pretty clear to me that he snubbed the Patriots. Not the Patriots him.

DaBruinz said:
In 2003, The Patriots average win was by : 10.285 (only 1 game by a FG)
In 2004, The Patriots average win was by: 13.71 (only 1 by a FG)
In 2005, the Patriots average win was by: 7.64 (3 by a FG).

So, in the last 3 years, where the Pats have had 38 wins, only 5 of them have been by a FG. And last year's down year can be pointed to the defensive issues.

But, you're right, the Pats find themselves in a lot of close games. Granted, the the 3 SBs in the last 5 years have all been close, but even if you decide to add the last two, you still have 4 other games where the Patriots won handedly.

Yes, having Adam would be great. However, it looks pretty clear to me that he snubbed the Patriots. Not the Patriots him.

I agree wholeheartedly on your last point. As someone said in another post, the question that needs to be asked is why adam did not want to be here. I think we would all like to know the answer to that one.

SoonerPatriot said:
I agree wholeheartedly on your last point. As someone said in another post, the question that needs to be asked is why adam did not want to be here. I think we would all like to know the answer to that one.

Well, As someone pointed out in another thread, his wife wanted to go somewhere warm.... I hear that the Dome is a tepid 74 all the time.

DaBruinz said:
Well, As someone pointed out in another thread, his wife wanted to go somewhere warm.... I hear that the Dome is a tepid 74 all the time.

Didn't here that one about his wife. All of the sudden he's Derrick Mason whose wife wanted crab cakes in Baltimore.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Maybe you did, but I've always loved their anti-war, folk classics!
Good one :rofl:

SoonerPatriot said:
Didn't here that one about his wife. All of the sudden he's Derrick Mason whose wife wanted crab cakes in Baltimore.

Its been mentioned a few times, even back during the season, that Adam wanted to kick in a "warmer climate" and that is what his wife wanted as well.

Last edited:
It won't be too warm when they retract the roof on "nice" days in Sept/Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back