PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats completely misjudged the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
if anyone thinks you can replace all these starters w/ june 1st cuts, your naive.

Givens is the only one who can't be replaced IMO. And he could be replaced, we'll just have to get a little lucky.

R_T26 said:
if anyone thinks you can replace all these starters w/ june 1st cuts, your naive.
If anyone thinks the Patriots are now dead, they are dumber than a tree.

BelichickFan said:
Givens is the only one who can't be replaced IMO. And he could be replaced, we'll just have to get a little lucky.

Add Vinatieri to the list. BBFan you have your agenda towards him for whatever reason, but the fact is he's a reliable kicker who may go to the HOF some day.

SoonerPatriot said:
Add Vinatieri to the list. BBFan you have your agenda towards him for whatever reason, but the fact is he's a reliable kicker who may go to the HOF some day.
I have no agenda. But he was 20th in the league in FG% last year. Admittedly in a tough place to kick but the probability that we can get a guy to go 18/25 and one of those two FG not being a game loser is pretty good.

I dont think they are dead, but they are weaker. If Branch and Seymour dont get extensions this offseason it will be a wasted offseason. Players around the league are declining the Patriots offers, our clutch players are leaving, and the Patriots are getting a bad reputation. You cant put anything positive on this.

BelichickFan said:
I have no agenda. But he was 20th in the league in FG% last year. Admittedly in a tough place to kick but the probability that we can get a guy to go 18/25 and one of those two FG not being a game loser is pretty good.

At this point we're looking at a JAG or a rookie. If the game is on the line and it's raining or snowing and said FG kicker has to make a game winning kick, do you feel as comfortable with the JAG/Rookie as you did when AV was in that situation?

SoonerPatriot said:
At this point we're looking at a JAG or a rookie. If the game is on the line and it's raining or snowing and said FG kicker has to make a game winning kick, do you feel as comfortable with the JAG/Rookie as you did when AV was in that situation?
Of course I don't. But the odds of needing one aren't all that great. We'll see who/how the new guy is and what the money is spent on.

BelichickFan said:
Of course I don't. But the odds of needing one aren't all that great. We'll see who/how the new guy is and what the money is spent on.

This team finds itself in a lot of close games. Games that are often decided by a point or two. In fact that was one of the big points the Pats doubters had about the Dynasty -- we didn't dominate anyone. The odds of needing him really don't matter until you actually need him. I wouldn't bet a nickel against this team not needing a clutch kick at some point next regular season or at some point in the playoffs if we make them.

SoonerPatriot said:
This team finds itself in a lot of close games. Games that are often decided by a point or two. In fact that was one of the big points the Pats doubters had about the Dynasty -- we didn't dominate anyone. The odds of needing him really don't matter until you actually need him. I wouldn't bet a nickel against this team not needing a clutch kick at some point next regular season or at some point in the playoffs if we make them.
Even if we need a game winning playoff kick . . . the loss is the difference between the chance of Vinatieri making it minus the new guy making it, offset by whatever we add with the money difference.

Couldn't care less about savings applied to whatvever position it's applied to. I care about winning titles and winning titles just got a little harder without AV.

Nobody will be cheering over 2 million in cap savings when/if Joe Blow misses a kick in the AFC title game and the season is over. They will be *****ing about Joe Blow.

SoonerPatriot said:
Couldn't care less about savings applied to whatvever position it's applied to. I care about winning titles and winning titles just got a little harder without AV.

Nobody will be cheering over 2 million in cap savings when/if Joe Blow misses a kick in the AFC title game and the season is over. They will be *****ing about Joe Blow.
Depends how much the guy we can spend the money on helps. Let's not forget the Denver game a couple of months ago . . . nice pressure kick, Adam.

BelichickFan said:
Depends how much the guy we can spend the money on helps. Let's not forget the Denver game a couple of months ago . . . nice pressure kick, Adam.

Jesus, how quickly we forget.

And quit assuming the new guy will miss the kick ;)

BelichickFan said:
And quit assuming the new guy will miss the kick ;)

I will when you quit assuming he will make it.

this absolutely sucks

it will really hurt to see him in a Colts uniform

if he didn't sign here i would rather he go to some place like Green Bay where we won't have to see him (except once every four years, this year being one of those years)

I understand from Adam's standpoint he chose to go to a contender, but the Colts???? It's the same thing as Johney damon signing with the freakin Yankees. I liked Adam, and still do, but when we play the Colts this year, I want to see him choke against us. Block his kicks!!!! :eek:

Misjudged the Market?

I am not sure they misjudged the market as oppossed to the new CBA freeing up all this cash for these teams and the Pats having 17 Free Agents. I can clearly understand David Givens and taking the money ... his salary next year is greater than the entire receiving corps from last year put together. You can't pay Givens and Branch too! McGinest they let go to "find" his market number. It was so high they couldn't match it. Same with Vinatieri, he was not getting the numbers he wanted so he fired his agent ... thought you couldn't negotiate with a new agent for 72 hours ... deal in principle ... Tim Dwight signs for 4 years ( you have to be kidding) with the Jets.

What we have here is an absolutely crazy market.

I received a lot of crap about saying the Patriots were not going to spend to the cap, that Kraft has to make up his money that he will be shelling out to the small market teams. That he wasn't happy with the increase in the amount paid to the players. What do you think now?

Pats726 said:
If anyone thinks the Patriots are now dead, they are dumber than a tree.
I'm not changing my screen name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back