PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATS COLTS Moved to 4:25 pm 11/18 Also schooling a Colts troll about this rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy isn't even a rivalry anymore. They're insignificant.

I didn't stop by to tell you your team is in decline, but its obvious. You guys were calling Manning old for the past few years, but Brady who is only a year younger than Manning isn't lol?

Brady may play till he's 40, I doubt it, but maybe. Welker is probably gone after this season. The Pats secondary is terrible and gets torched every game.

I'm sure as long as they have BZb the Pats will be competitive, they went 11-5 without Brady, but as far as being an elite team, yeah, that window is closing.

Dude, the last time the Patriots sucked was in 2000. If you want to believe they are currently mediocre, you won't have much company. You also have not been paying attention as the Pats have rebuilt thier defense as well as thier offense. Yes, their secondary sucks, but name an NFL team which doesn't have a weakness. The Colts could beat the Pats this year, but their not the ones going to the playoffs.

I didn't stop by to tell you your team is in decline, but its obvious. You guys were calling Manning old for the past few years, but Brady who is only a year younger than Manning isn't lol?

Brady may play till he's 40, I doubt it, but maybe. Welker is probably gone after this season. The Pats secondary is terrible and gets torched every game.

I'm sure as long as they have BZb the Pats will be competitive, they went 11-5 without Brady, but as far as being an elite team, yeah, that window is closing.

We made it to the dance last year. Wait for the window to start going down before declaring it's closing. Brady may be only one year younger then Manning, but he didn't have to have his neck rebuilt.

Ha Ha,,, You couldn't think of a terrible game by Brady against Indy,, so you went with the real colts. That's awsome. LOL!!

If you think his 0 TD 4 int game against the Colts in 2006 wasn't a terrible game, more power to you I guess.

We made it to the dance last year. Wait for the window to start going down before declaring it's closing. Brady may be only one year younger then Manning, but he didn't have to have his neck rebuilt.

You guys were calling Manning old way before his neck injury.

Dude, the last time the Patriots sucked was in 2000. If you want to believe they are currently mediocre, you won't have much company. You also have not been paying attention as the Pats have rebuilt thier defense as well as thier offense. Yes, their secondary sucks, but name an NFL team which doesn't have a weakness. The Colts could beat the Pats this year, but their not the ones going to the playoffs.

I didn't say the Pats were mediocre. Quit projecting.

I said their window is closing.

And if the season ended today....the Colts would be in the POs.

Last edited:
I couldn't stand Polian either, the Colts laying down against the Jets was the only time I was ever ashamed to be a Colts fan. After that Polian couldn't get out of town fast enough IMO.

There was an article in the Star about how he deserved to be in the Colts ring of honor and the reaction was mostly negative. I don't think Polian realized how much fans were disgusted by that game, and the way he treated fans in the aftermath.

Indy, you are so right about that Jets game and I couldn't believe when they had a chance to go undefeated and Polian said something afterwards about "an undefeated season has no historical meaning" or some BS excuse. I'm sure the starters felt betrayed by Polian and I actually think he was afraid of the pressure his team would face had they tried for an undefeated season.
As a fan of your team, this must have left you with such a sick feeling.
As much as I always wanted to see the Colts lose and Manning to fail (mostly because I somehow thought that was a threat to Brady's legacy which is ridiculous), I really came to respect them after that 2006 comeback. They turned the corner against my beloved PATS that day. Before then, I never thought they were mentally tough. I think the Colts story this year with Pagano is awesome and I will be cheering for them against just about any team except one. Had Polian still been there, I would despise them with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

No..we WERE and ARE calling stupid inbred hicks whose main dietary intake is cowpie stew, you know, Dolt fans, bigmouth front running sub mongoloids whose only interests in life are tractor pulls , 400 pound heifers in pink, size 12 high heels and 4F jamborees starring Rufus Porksnorker, emcee....now go get your Manning Face shinebox....

billy_batts11.jpg

I didn't say the Pats were mediocre. Quit projecting.

I said their window is closing.

And if the season ended today....the Colts would be in the POs.

Way to go.

Who's the competition for that spot, the Fins, the Chargers.....the Jets?? It's not like they have much serious competition now. The AFC's pretty sucky after the top 6-7 teams this year. If this conference was as tough as it was in 2004, you guys would be 3-5 right now.

Last edited:
People aren't projecting. You said that they are in decline:

I said their winow as an elite team was closing, not closed. And I didn't say they were mediocre.

That's on you guys and the thin skin you have.

Way to go.

Who's the competition for that spot, the Fins, the Chargers.....the Jets?? It's not like they have much serious competition now. The AFC's pretty sucky after the top 6-7 teams this year. If this conference was as tough as it was in 2004, you guys would be 3-5 right now.

Well, they have the same record as the Pats.....so depending on how the a dolphins finish the competition could include the Pats.

So congrats too....I guess?

Indy, you are so right about that Jets game and I couldn't believe when they had a chance to go undefeated and Polian said something afterwards about "an undefeated season has no historical meaning" or some BS excuse. I'm sure the starters felt betrayed by Polian and I actually think he was afraid of the pressure his team would face had they tried for an undefeated season.
As a fan of your team, this must have left you with such a sick feeling.
As much as I always wanted to see the Colts lose and Manning to fail (mostly because I somehow thought that was a threat to Brady's legacy which is ridiculous), I really came to respect them after that 2006 comeback. They turned the corner against my beloved PATS that day. Before then, I never thought they were mentally tough. I think the Colts story this year with Pagano is awesome and I will be cheering for them against just about any team except one. Had Polian still been there, I would despise them with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

I think Polian wanted to prove his way was the right way. He always rested the starters if there was nothing on the line. And I think his pig headedness made him want to show everyone that he really believed it. I just think it was his ego.

But yeah, I called his office the next day and told his secretary where he could go and what he could do. What made it even worse is how he acted towards fans who called him on it on his radio show.

Just an a hole and by throwing that one game he ruined his legacy in Indy and burned a lot of bridges with Colts fans.

Well, they have the same record as the Pats.....so depending on how the a dolphins finish the competition could include the Pats.

So congrats too....I guess?
New England is 4 points away from being an 8-0 team, so remember that. The teams they lost to are the Cardinals, who started out hot at 4-0. The Ravens, who had vengeance in their mind and it being at Baltimore didn't help. And also the Seahawks, who've been virtually impossible to beat at home.

Take out the GB game, looks who you guys have beaten. Or more of look who you guys have lost to.

You guys got beat by the Jaguars and blown out by the Jets. Please explain this!!

New England is 4 points away from being an 8-0 team, so remember that. The teams they lost to are the Cardinals, who started out hot at 4-0. The Ravens, who had vengeance in their mind and it being at Baltimore didn't help. And also the Seahawks, who've been virtually impossible to beat at home.

Take out the GB game, looks who you guys have beaten. Or more of look who you guys have lost to.

You guys got beat by the Jaguars and blown out by the Jets. Please explain this!!

Take out the Broncos game ( since were not counting GB for the Colts) and look who the Pats have beaten. 3-5 jets...in OT, 3-5 Bills, 3-6 Titans, 3-5 Rams. Combined record of 12-21.

The Colts have beat (not counting GB since you guys don't want acknowledge that one) 5-4 Vikings, 2-7 Browns, 3-6 Titans and 4-4 Dolphins. Combined 16-21.

So you sure you want to play the "who have you beaten" card?

How did we lose to the Jags and the Jets? Lets see....the Colts are at best a Mediocre team....head coach is out...rebuilding year...rookie QB..etc etc etc....did you really need that explained to you? How long have you been watching football anyway?

Re: PATS COLTS Moved to 4:25 pm on Nov 18

I come here because reading the game threads here makes me laugh. Whenever the Pats are down or losing...you guys freak out and say BB and Brady has lost it, "seasons over" etc, while when you blow out some scrub team like the Rams or Bills ....suddenly the Pats are the best team in the NFL.

The panic and then the mania that happens here....often in the course of a few quarters is something to behold.

Substitute any team name and you could post this at any message board, except those horrible teams with fans that celebrate when their players tried hard or came close, because that's the best they can hope for.

Pats have nothing to prove. Your antics bore me. Come back when your adolescent team does something noteworthy besides tank.

Re: PATS COLTS Moved to 4:25 pm on Nov 18

Substitute any team name and you could post this at any message board, except those horrible teams with fans that celebrate when their players tried hard or came close, because that's the best they can hope for.

Pats have nothing to prove. Your antics bore me. Come back when your adolescent team does something noteworthy besides tank.

Nice that you took time out of your busy day to reply to my antics.

I hate to break it to you but the Pats haven't done anything but come close for a while now themselves.

I said their winow as an elite team was closing, not closed. And I didn't say they were mediocre.

That's on you guys and the thin skin you have.

I quoted your post. It is what it is. You claimed they are in decline. The "window is closing" came later in that post.

Last edited:
If you think his 0 TD 4 int game against the Colts in 2006 wasn't a terrible game, more power to you I guess.

I realise Bradys not perfect. Almost but nobody is. I just thought it was funney you used the Ravens in your argument. Regardless,, so far it's Pats 46 Colts 29 over all. If Luck plays as long as Brady you may make a dent in that stat. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes