PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats claim OT Mark LeVoir off waivers from the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats claim tackle Mark LeVoir off waivers from Rams

6'7" tall guy. Pats usually prefer smaller offensive lineman than Brady can see over.

EDIT: He's out of Notre Dame so must be a Weis recommendation.

Last edited:
Re: Pats claim OT Mark LeVoir off waivers from Rams

Signed by the Bears as a UDFA in 2006. Spent the 2006 season on the Bears' practice squad. Spent the first half of the 2007 season on the Bears' practice squad before being signed to the Rams' roster, where he spent the rest of the season.

This makes my weekend...........

We subtracted Chad Jackson and John Lynch and added Mark LeVoir.........

Can someone get me a beer ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel so much better about our OL situation now. :rolleyes:

Probably another throw it at the wall and see if it sticks situation. Likely the last one, given how late we are now.

Doesn't exclude another OL move.

Signed by the Bears as a UDFA in 2006. Spent the 2006 season on the Bears' practice squad. Spent the first half of the 2007 season on the Bears' practice squad before being signed to the Rams' roster, where he spent the rest of the season.

I especially like how he couldn't get playing time on a Rams offensive line ravaged by injury.

Probably another throw it at the wall and see if it sticks situation. Likely the last one, given how late we are now.

Doesn't exclude another OL move.

I'll be praying for one;)

I don't know. They cut John Lynch for a guy with no starts?

This makes my weekend...........

We subtracted Chad Jackson and John Lynch and added Mark LeVoir.........

Can someone get me a beer ?

Maybe thats the plan! Maybe they think we are already drinking...or maybe they are...so much for logic, gotta tell myself to stop trying to figure out whats happening because it will drive you crazy!

I don't think John Lynch release is connected with Mark LeVoir signing. As a Notre Dame fan I'm happy but he can't be very good when the Rams release him and thirty team pass on him.

We only have 6 healthy OLs at practice and the backup is Britt.

We only have 6 healthy OLs at practice and the backup is Britt.
Exactly....and obviously they got good info from Charlie on him. Some had him in the top 35 OTs in that draft..I think he could in a few weeks be cut..and end up on the PSquad...a project for Dante..a LOT of these moves have to do with injuries and the salary issues..

I especially like how he couldn't get playing time on a Rams offensive line ravaged by injury.

Shawn Crable and Matthew Slater say "Hey, welcome to the club." :)

Exactly....and obviously they got good info from Charlie on him. Some had him in the top 35 OTs in that draft..I think he could in a few weeks be cut..and end up on the PSquad...a project for Dante..a LOT of these moves have to do with injuries and the salary issues..

I think he will eventually be on the PS.

A note on LeVoir from a Rams fan

Despite everything you have read, the Rams offensive line is not a disaster at this point and LeVoir has actually played pretty well. The Rams are pretty strong at tackle (Pace, Barron, Goldberg, Greco) and guard (Bell, Incognito and Shuening).

Levoir is a sound player. He actually outplayed the Rams #3 pick Greco but he is experienced in the system and Greco is believed to have a higher upside. LeVoir was steady in all four preseason games. In the first three he was playing against the number two's and three's of Tennesse, San Diego and Baltimore. Against KC, he got to play against Hali and the number two's. Twice I saw him look bad against a spin move but otherwise he appears to be a good pass blocker.

LeVoir is no road grader but he is a big guy with some athletic ability and a good attitude. He may never be starting material but he is the kind of guy who will do what the coaches ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes