PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats cap adjusted up $3,871,580

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3.871 has nothing to do with Salary increases. The 3.871 is the amount that was left over from the Patriots having LTBE bonuses that went UNMET last year and the NLTBE bonuses that were met last year. And NLTBE bonus that was met last year does become a LTBE bonus this year if its still in the contract.

Miguel has already figured in the salary additions for Caldwell, Scott, Warren, and Wilson to get to the 13.3 million.

Indeed, it's the ~$3 million LTBE in the Koppen deal plus the ~$3 million in the Spann deal minus any incentives actually earned last year (and all the other plus/minuses you mention).

It's all the money that the Patriots didn't "spend" last year. Pats1 correctly points out that they ended the year with, what, 78 cents on the cap. This is the money they pushed forward, but could have spent last year.

Last edited:
Miguel, is this reflected on your cap page yet? I only see where you say how far we are under the cap, not the total cap # the team has to play with.

Now it is. This helps explain why my numbers were so off by Clayton's 3/2 number. He had the Pats under the cap by 19.1 million on 3/2. I now have them under their adjusted cap by $17.2 million. Part of the difference is that I am including the cap effects of the Kyle Brady and the Billy Yates signings.

Last edited:
Here's hoping that those who cover the Patriots mention the adjusted cap number and that they give credit to Adamjt13.

Here's hoping that those who cover the Patriots mention the adjusted cap number and that they give credit to Adamjt13.

I posted the credited reference over on the AFCE USENET groups

Hand't been there in months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back