PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Broncos: how much important is this game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i think honestly that this game is absolutely in the top 20 list of the 'most important games' ever for the Pats.

i have reflected today about it and i am arrived to that conclusion.

a VERY important game for our franchise.

do you agree ?

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:
i think honestly that this game is absolutely in the top 20 list of the 'most important games' ever for the Pats.

do you agree ?

I don't know. Thats very debateable. I think that Obviously all 5 superbowls and all 5 AFC championship games were more imporant. A case could also be made for the games that broke the win streak record. The Colts divisional championship game last year might be considered more important. But, this game may very well be top 20

italianpatthepatriot said:

do you agree ?

It's the only game left right now. It's a one game season. As far as historical importance, every playoff game becomes the most important from here on out until we lose one because each one builds on our records. But I think we've done enough where if we do lose, you can't take away what has been done already.

i considered of course:
our 5 Super Bowls appareances + 5 Afc Championship then i put of course our run in 1985 with 3 road W but still i think that tomorrow's game it will be within the top 20 list for different reasons (i.e.: we have always found difficulties in DEN and i have not yet forgotten the way John Elway was always able infortunately to beat us).

a WIN there it will be really significative in our team history.

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!

still 30 hours more or less...

FSUPatsFan said:
I don't know. Thats very debateable. I think that Obviously all 5 superbowls and all 5 AFC championship games were more imporant. A case could also be made for the games that broke the win streak record. The Colts divisional championship game last year might be considered more important. But, this game may very well be top 20

number one for me was our first Super Bowl (infortunately it finished not so well...)

but this game is in the top 20.

Sorry - I disagree

The next 2 games will be much more important

Most Important game in Pat's History

Week 2 of 2001 season

Drew Blodsoe was injured and the Brady reign began

2nd most important Game

Superbowl win Over Rams - 1st superbowl ever

3rd most important Game

2002 playoff victory vs Raiders - Start of 10 consecutive playoff wins

BusterTBronco said:
Only top 20? It's a lot more important than that.

The winning coach will have bragging rights as the best head coach of this era.

I really don't think Bill Belichick has to prove anything more than what he already has.

BusterTBronco said:
Sure. If he doesn't care about being known as the second best head coach in the NFL, then I guess you could say that.

This game will revive Shanahan's reputation as "The Mastermind" and best NFL head coach of his era.

This game won't do anything for Shanahan's reputation if he doesn't go on to win the Superbowl. He's still 7-4 in the playoffs and has never won a playoff game without John Elway.

Couple of points:

1. This is a very important game because it's a playoff game and it's one more step in making history. It is certainly in the top 20 but not in the top 10.

2. BusterTBronco is on my "dead to me" list. I really enjoy seeing in small letters, about the size of his pecker, words that remind me that he is "dead to me" everytime he posts. If you guys could refrain from hitting the "quote" on one of his idiotic post, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

Um, of course this is the most important game of the year. That is until the next one.

BusterTBronco said:
How many playoff games has Bellichick won without Brady?

And, um, when the Broncos win tomorrow, Shanahan will have won a playoff game without John Elway. Dipstick!

I'm betting you use Ban Deoderant sticks. I'm betting you wear Ray-Ban sunglasses. I'm betting you had Raisin Ban for breakfast.

Can we please ban this moron? Isn't enough enough yet?

BusterTBronco said:
How many playoff games has Bellichick won without Brady?

And, um, when the Broncos win tomorrow, Shanahan will have won a playoff game without John Elway. Dipstick!

Actually, officially he's won one without Brady. When he was in Cleveland. But since Broncos fans think that Brady is not 10-0 in the playoffs because Bledsoe played most of the game against the Steelers in 2001. So I guess that makes 2. DIPSTICK!

Last edited:
BusterTBronco said:
It's just too bad for you that Shanahan is the better coach (and at approximately 8:15pm MOUNTAIN time tomorrow, the whole world will know it!)

Sucks to get proven wrong once already doesn't it? I guess tommorow you'll know what its like to be proven wrong twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back