Pats, Bolts, Colts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
everybody is putting those 3 teams at the top...

between SD and INDY wich team do you consider more 'dangerous' potentially for us ?

personally i put the Chargers

the game we will have against them, imho, will be a real test

yr opinion ?

and who could be another dangerous opponent ? a team that could arrive till the end ? DEN ? BAL ? CIN ?

While I think the Chargers are the most talented team, I still think it's the Colts.

The reason why I think it's the Colts is because a) Peyton Manning - it seems as though he has stepped up his game again and the happy feet that he used to have has somewhat subsided. And b) they have played us so many times that they are much more familiar with us than the bolts are. I am not sure how many new things BB can come up with to confuse Manning. They are the closest thing to a divison rival without being a division rival.

Seems to me like an awful lot of people are writing off the Ravens

I'm sure you're right that the Colts and Bolts are considered the biggest challenge this season but I'm going to go with the "dark horse" and say that the Ravens' defense will continue to be dominant even without AD on the team - they're that good.

Now I know they're suspect on Offense - but still, I prefered to play the Chargers over the Ravens in the playoffs last year... and if not for a completely paltry offensive performance by the Ravens in the playoffs, on most days, holding the Colts to 15 points is good enough to win.

Chargers fans continue to delude themselves - yes they still have a very very good team... but as we can attest around here, losing your OC and DC alone can affect a team's performance... let alone losing your head coach.

The Bolts have lost OC, DC, HC and pretty much ever other assistant I think - and they don't expect to miss a beat? Of course, I understand why the Chargers fans are so confident given the excellent regular season and playoff record of their head coach. Oh, no wait - that sux too!

So yes - the Colts are what they are - SB Champions - but the Chargers take a step back - and everyone's underestimating the Ravens in my eyes... then of course there will be the team with the easy schedule that gets the bye - might not be a top tier team but grows in confidence and gets lucky here and there (i.e. the 2001 Patriots) and can surprise everyone.

the reason why personally i put SD over INDY it is because i think it will be very very difficult for the Colts to repeat

there is not a specific reason, but i think it will be so tough for them to reach another consecutive ring - just an additional pressure

of course i could be wrong - they surely are a strong team, one of the best but Ne and Sd have a minimum advantage for me

also the Broncos could become dangerous (for me...)

on the NFC i really do not know...

NO ? PHI ? DAL ? CHI ?

i would love a Super Bowl between us and the Cowboys or, finally, the possibility to have the revenge against the Bears...

I'm sure you're right that the Colts and Bolts are considered the biggest challenge this season but I'm going to go with the "dark horse" and say that the Ravens' defense will continue to be dominant even without AD on the team - they're that good.

Now I know they're suspect on Offense - but still, I prefered to play the Chargers over the Ravens in the playoffs last year... and if not for a completely paltry offensive performance by the Ravens in the playoffs, on most days, holding the Colts to 15 points is good enough to win.

You just said it. All you get from the Ravens is paltry performances. The defense is great, but can they hold their opponents to 15 or less points every week? The offense is still the achillies heal of the Ravens.

While I think the Chargers are the most talented team, I still think it's the Colts.

The reason why I think it's the Colts is because a) Peyton Manning - it seems as though he has stepped up his game again and the happy feet that he used to have has somewhat subsided. And b) they have played us so many times that they are much more familiar with us than the bolts are. I am not sure how many new things BB can come up with to confuse Manning. They are the closest thing to a divison rival without being a division rival.

bad that the last 3 games we playied they went in their favour and the last it will be in my memory forever...i have never seen it after the moment the game ended...

BAL, imho, could arrive till the play-offs but, as last year, it will be improbable they will go further then that

but in the NFL of course 'never say never'...

If we face Denvah in the playoffs, don't tell me folks won't be worried. Shanahan has proven he knows how to deconstruct a BB designed team.

If we face Denvah in the playoffs, don't tell me folks won't be worried. Shanahan has proven he knows how to deconstruct a BB designed team.

I will be nervous, they seem to have our number. Although I think they will continue to perform extremely well during the first half of the season and then tank in the second half of the season to lose the division to SD.

I just think that SD has enough talent on their team to overcome some of the coaching defections. Also their schedule pits them against 5 (KC is the only one they play twice) playoff teams from last year and their opponents combined win/loss from last year is .504. I think their talent and desire alone can make them a 9 win team this year.

As to SD's coaching defections, it's addition by subtraction.
No question that Martyball calls cost them the game.

This is just wrong. Marty had a track record that the current coach would die for. In fact he'd probably die of old age just trying to duplicate it. Marty DID NOT fumble the interception, take the personal foul call, etc, etc. In hind site it was easy to blame HIM, but to compare him to who replaced him is ridiculous.

This is a real negative to the most talented team in the league. We know that being the most talented is never a lock to success. This is, by far, the most coach driven professional sport. A coach can have MORE effect than any other sport.

That being said, I fear Denver more than the Colts. I think that much too little has been made of the Colts losses this offseason. Even if all the replacement perform well, it STILL cuts deeply into the Colts depth. Denver on the other hand not only improved on almost as many levels as the Pat, they have proven that they can match the Pats in coaching as well. Shanahan is truly the Darth Vader to BB's Yoda.

Last edited:

NorvBall (tm) has cost more than a few teams, and they usually don't make the playoffs.

That being said, I fear Denver more than the Colts.

I don't fear the Broncos, I fear the Pats when they are playing the Broncos. Our boys look totally out of sync against Denver.

colts - their offense will be stellar, but how good/bad will the defense be? If they're as good as they were in 2005. yikes. If they're like they were in 2006 (regular season), then their season ends like it did in 2003 and 2004.
Chargers - unknown quantity. high ceiling.
Pats - possibly as strong as the chargers of 2006 and colts of 2005. knock on wood.

boy o boy is the nfc not winning the superbowl

the reason why personally i put SD over INDY it is because i think it will be very very difficult for the Colts to repeat
I think it is a heck of a lot more likely that the Colts win the Superbowl again than the Chargers go 14-2 again.

Those three AFC teams are clearly the best group in the NFL,with little separation between them.(As in last years playoffs).Yet,what about some solid AFC teams moving up into this group?Denver,Pittsburgh,Cinncinati and possibly Baltimore?Denver certainly has added some talent to thier roster,and Jay Cutler could have a big year....for one.

How do you figure that? Marlon Macree bats that ball down, or falls to the ground after intercepting, and the Chargers are SB champs, not the Colts.

For years, everyone accused Marty of playing conservatively, of only running the ball in playoffs, even calling it Martyball.

Then, last year, he does what all the talking heads criticized him for not doing. He let the game open up. He DID NOT run the ball conservatively. He played to win.

Still, people say, "Same old Marty, playing Martyball." It might be the cool thing for Sean Salisbury to say, but it is wrong. (Quelle surprise!)

The one thing that most amazed me this off-season is that while people acknowledge that coaching changes are disruptive, why no one seems to be asking if Norv Turner is a better coach than Marty Schottenheimer.

For this team this year, I think both should be easy wins. We luck out and catch SD in week 2 of the new coaches, They shouldnt be in sinc yet...plus who stops our recievers....same goes for the colts who stops our recievers..

Chargers worry me more than the Colts, Colts have lost players and it will be tougher to stop the run with Sanders having to help against real WR + the two wins last year for the Colts were with no Rodney.

Broncos scare the bajezas out of me if Cutler comes through.

How do you figure that? Marlon Macree bats that ball down, or falls to the ground after intercepting, and the Chargers are SB champs, not the Colts.

That play DOES fall on Marty shoulders- it's called situational football, something Belichick excels in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes