PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Bills preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats probably spent a lot of time studying how the Chargers successfully attacked the Bills defense.

The Pats probably spent a lot of time studying how the Chargers successfully attacked the Bills defense.

In order for that to happen we need guys to block. Guys who have sucked at blocking all year. but did do good last week. Stork being out sucks however

In order for that to happen we need guys to block. Guys who have sucked at blocking all year. but did do good last week. Stork being out sucks however

The Chargers blueprint probably won't work Sunday as the Patriots do not have the line (especially if Stork is going to be out), the QB (Brady has not been as productive as Rivers so far, and he is nursing an ankle injury now). nor the skill position production at receiver to attack the intermediate and deep parts of the field with success like the Chargers did (and can).

nor the skill position production at receiver to attack the intermediate

So Edelman is no good? And while they are not receivers Gronk and Wright can do damage in the intermediate part of the field.

What worries you most about the bills guys? For me. Their DL. If we can give Brady time it's over as in a W IMO. OL needs to come up big.
Definitely their front 4. Our OL hasn't been good this year and Brady isn't exactly mobile. Especially not if he have an ankle problem. If the OL has a good game and keeps Brady upright then this should be a win. But if they play like they've done for the major part of the year then I'm a bit worried.

So Edelman is no good? And while they are not receivers Gronk and Wright can do damage in the intermediate part of the field.

Yes, Edelman is good. Yes, Gronk and Wright can do damage in the intermediate part of the field, especially against the Bills linebackers, who are poor in coverage.

However, with the offensive line seemingly in a state of flux again IF Stork is out, and if Brady is hampered by the ankle injury, I do not see them having nearly as much success as the Chargers did when they went to Buffalo and won a few weeks ago.

Hope I am wrong, and the Patriots win in a rout and play exceptional in all three phases. I will gladly eat crow if they do.

Screens and delays, many plays that make that DL run and take advantage of the LB's laterally.

If (spikes = 1)
Pass
Else
Run

Go right after those LBS with Wright, Gronk and Edelman. Right after Ridley gashes them for 9 yards on every other run...lets hope.

They had good rushing days against them last year and year before. But every year is different as we all know!

Bills fans are very confident for this game. It would be great for the Patriots to win a blowout but I expect a tough game.

Bills fans are very confident for this game. It would be great for the Patriots to win a blowout but I expect a tough game.

I get they are 3-2.....but in the end they are the bills for a reason. Could have lost last game and should have lost CHI game. Nothing more then 8-8 even if they win this game. 2nd or 3rd in division.
Still have to play KC, GB and Broncos...all losses IMO with a split with Jets and MIA and at best spit with us.

This is their SB yet again vs us.

This is what the Patriots will wake up to this morning in Buffalo:

Bzve4cKIAAA8fmF.jpg:large

Just a reminder to some people that might have missed it, even though it is an AFC game it will be on FOX. And the crew doing the game is Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, and Tony Siragusa

Nice review, thanks for signing in. Your newspaper beat reporter, Jay Skurski, is pretty much in agreement with you on everything, including the final score. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/10/12/jay-skurskis-five-star-scouting-report-for-oct-12/

I'll be holding my breath all game hoping Brady doesn't get hurt in this one. He'll get hit a bunch with Stork out.

I think the Pats win this one because the Bills D behind the front four isn't very imposing, and the Patriots receiving corps gets deeper every week. First LaFell started to click, then Wright. I think Dobson has a coming out party of sorts today.

Congratulations on getting ownership that is a) alive, and b) looks committed to doing things the right way. That's where it all starts.

Last edited:

Thank you, Buffalo News. I hope this was on Brady's room service tray when he woke up this morning. Nothing quite like Brady getting really, really pissed off as he drinks his first cup of coffee.

I know it is a division game but if you watched Bills-Lions last week . . . :)

Excellent defensive line, Sammy Watkins, pretty good RBs, fairly well- coached, but then what?

I'm picking the "fading dynasty."

Nice review, thanks for signing in. Your newspaper beat reporter, Jay Skurski, is pretty much in agreement with you on everything, including the final score. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/10/12/jay-skurskis-five-star-scouting-report-for-oct-12/

I'll be holding my breath all game hoping Brady doesn't get hurt in this one. He'll get hit a bunch with Stork out.

I think the Pats win this one because the Bills D behind the front four isn't very imposing, and the Patriots receiving corps gets deeper every week. First LaFell started to click, then Wright. I think Dobson has a coming out party of sorts today.

Congratulations on getting ownership that is a) alive, and b) looks committed to doing things the right way. That's where it all starts.

a breakout game for dobson would be playing 20 snaps which is doubtful.
maybe a catch or two but nothing impressive. play action quick slant lol

Lol better to possibly have a fading dynasty than a faded franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back