PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats are the measuring stick for every SB team

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Aaron Rogers just said in his interview that the Pats game was the changing point in their season. He was out, but they played really well and thought "Hey, we got a really good team here, let's not mess it up" or something like that. This is actually just what I felt when I watched Pats-Packers game, that they played just like Giants in that game 16 in 07.

So anyways my point is that its pretty obvious that everyone in the league knows who they need to able beat in order to be a SB team.

Interesting trivia question: who was the last team in either conference (not counting the Pats, obviously), to make the Super Bowl without playing the Pats that year?

When teams play the Pats its their mini SuperBowl lol

Interesting trivia question: who was the last team in either conference (not counting the Pats, obviously), to make the Super Bowl without playing the Pats that year?

It goes back at least 5 years...

05 Seahawks.

The Packers were the team I was most afraid of going into these playoffs for that reason. Our win over them reminded me of '07 win over NYG and the Rams beating us in '01. Seems every time there is a regular season juggernaut somebody loses a close game to them and goes on to win it all

Title probably should read regular season measuring stick.

Aaron Rogers just said in his interview that the Pats game was the changing point in their season. He was out, but they played really well and thought "Hey, we got a really good team here, let's not mess it up" or something like that. This is actually just what I felt when I watched Pats-Packers game, that they played just like Giants in that game 16 in 07.

So anyways my point is that its pretty obvious that everyone in the league knows who they need to able beat in order to be a SB team.
Your really grasping for.

straws.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard this from several players as well... about the Patriots game being the turning point. The week before, the Packers lost to the Lions in an ugly way (losing 7-3) and lost Rodgers to a concussion in the process. The division crown was vitually unwinnable over the Bears. Then they went to Gillette with a backup quarterback and put up a valiant effort against the Patriots, who were playing their best ball at the time, and made it a game til the clock showed 0's. After the game they thought the season was pretty much over and a playoff spot was out of reach until they heard that thanks to a couple games going their way (Eagles beating Giants and Lions beating Bucs), they controlled their own destiny with two home games to go. They realized that there wasn't a team out there that they couldn't beat and basically decided they'd win out if they brought their best game every week. The rest is history.

In this case. whatever works. If it helped the Packers come together as a team, fine. Glad we could help, I'm glad they could do it at the expense of the Steelers and their fans.

We may see them again next year in INDY.{YES INDY FANS> BE VERY AFRAID} Both teams are bringing back a lot of players from IR and should be fielding better teams than what they had in their last games. Not to mention we have a gazzilion picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes