Pats are only 2-0 team that is........

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
.........losing the turnover battle.

An area of concern is their inability to creat turnovers, much like the beginning of last season when they forced one turnover in their first six games. Hopefully they can turn it around like they did last year because if things keep going like this they won't be able to sustain their winning ways.

In the first two games the Pats have given up 4 turnovers to the opposition and only had one themselves (and it was a last second int by Bruschi on a hail mary play). A safety can be considered a turnover in a way.

here is the 2-0 teams fare in the turnover battle

Baltimore +8
Chicago +4
Cincinatti +3
San Diego +3
Atlanta +3
Indianapolis +2
Seattle Even
New Orleans Even
Minnesota Even
New England -3

Last edited:
Re: Pats are only 2-0 that is........

brdmaverick said:
.........losing the turnover battle.

An area of concern is their inability to creat turnovers, much like the beginning of last season when they forced one turnover in their first six games. Hopefully they can turn it around like they did last year because if things keep going like this they won't be able to sustain their winning ways.

In the first two games the Pats have given up 4 turnovers to the opposition and only had one themselves (and it was a last second int by Bruschi on a hail mary play). A safety can be considered a turnover in a way.

here is the 2-0 teams fare in the turnover battle

Baltimore +8
Chicago +4
Cincinatti +3
San Diego +3
Atlanta +3
Indianapolis +2
Seattle Even
New Orleans Even
Minnesota Even
New England -3

Interesting info...hopefully it will improve over the next couple of weeks. We have some tough games coming up so we are going to need some turner overs to help us.

I miss the turnovers. In 2005 it was brutal. I'm hoping that 2006 doesn't follow that trend. It's only two games so far. Our run D is great so far this season. It's time for the secondary to step up and nab some balls.

I'm not big on history or stats but this is one that I believe in. If you win the turnover battle you win. If you lose it you lose. Our first two opponents were inferior teams and we got away with wins.
Take last years playoff loss to Denver. We were outplayed, but still could have won if not for the turnovers. This concerns me more than our WR's and our DB's inability to tackle combined.

Ellis Hobbs seemed to be the sparkplug last year in this department with 3 INTs and fumble recovery during five game stretch in the middle of the year

I wonder who or if anyone will step up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back