Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats resign Vollmer!!!

CB
WR
Lengthy athletic DL
Interior OL

Take your pick :)

I wouldn't mind a DT in round 1, but a backup CB or backup guard in round 1 and many TVs will be broken. :D

Hopefully, Field Yates did not get his information from Erika Leigh.

Hallelujah.

I wouldn't mind a DT in round 1, but a backup CB or backup guard in round 1 and many TVs will be broken. :D

An injury prone Talib on a one year contract. Two injury prone ageing expensive OG's. Both positions are definitely needs.

As for DT, that's the pick that will have me smashing TV's (couple of exceptions). Such a waste of a first rounder.

So :p back at ya!

:D

Next up Edleman? Just have another slot option, just in case.

Happy, happy, happy...

4 year deal, wow that is great I thought it would be a 1 year and we'd have to go through maybe losing him again next year!

Where did you see 4 years?

When healthy, he's the best RT in the NFL (or at least among them). It'll be interesting to see the terms of the deal and whether or not the team protected itself against future injury. It'll also be interesting to see if this was the last domino to fall before other moves are made in FA (Sanders, Dumervil, Abraham, etc.).

I think Karen Guregian said it in her story. Also Bedard hinted at it in his Sunday notes. I guess nothing is official yet though.

LaCanfora says 4:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m
can confirm reports the Pats resign Sebastian Vollmer to a 4yr deal. Slow tackle market. Every expectation Andre Smith ends up back in Cincy

Wow what great news seriously. We resign the beast SeaBass get our shut down corner, Big Hitter at Safety, and got rid of our anchor Margarine Welker. I cant wait for this season. We got 2 first picks in the Armstead signing cant wait till see this animal unleashed. We got Ballard and Gronk at TE i think will see Ahern More spit out this year. I would love to see us draft the most underated WR in the upcoming draft Da'rick Rogers would also like to see them draft that giant MARGUS HUNT. Margus will be able to provide us with what won us superbowls and thats batting passes down. 6 8 lmao. Animal. :rocker::rocker:

Great News!

Deine Fans aus der Heimat wünschen dir eine verletzungsfreie Saison und endlich einen Superbowl Ring, SeaBass! :singing:

(Wishes from Germany: Stay healthy and Win a Ring !)

An injury prone Talib on a one year contract. Two injury prone ageing expensive OG's. Both positions are definitely needs.

As for DT, that's the pick that will have me smashing TV's (couple of exceptions). Such a waste of a first rounder.

So :p back at ya!

:D

Totally disagree.
-The Seymour/Warren #1s laid the foundation that allowed the defense to be multi-faceted....giving their LBs opportunities to make plays.
-The Ravens D line was so stout (verses NE), this allowed the D to play in nickel even on run downs....result ...NE averaged 3 yd/run and Brady was a 53% passer. This is the kind of D I want.
-Wilfork is aging/playing high % of plays. Only interior foundation piece
-Deep DT draft (so they say). With NE likely to be drafting at the back end of every draft in years to come (Thanks to Tom Brady's immortality), NE may want to take advantage when the opportunity (DT draft depth) presents itself.

We worry about the secondary (understandable), but building a wall of 4 allows NE to be more creative behind the wall. And as BB says...only so many giant athletic behemoths on the planet

Glad that awful idea of letting Vollmer go and just handing the job to unproven Cannon isn't going to happen.

I'm going to guess the numbers are something like this.
4 years 21 mill, with 7 mill of it in the 4th year.

Wow what great news seriously. We resign the beast SeaBass get our shut down corner, Big Hitter at Safety, and got rid of our anchor Margarine Welker. I cant wait for this season. We got 2 first picks in the Armstead signing cant wait till see this animal unleashed. We got Ballard and Gronk at TE i think will see Ahern More spit out this year. I would love to see us draft the most underated WR in the upcoming draft Da'rick Rogers would also like to see them draft that giant MARGUS HUNT. Margus will be able to provide us with what won us superbowls and thats batting passes down. 6 8 lmao. Animal. :rocker::rocker:

Settle down there most had Armstead as a 3rd round pick only a few dummies in the media had him as a 1st round pick.

Totally disagree.
-The Seymour/Warren #1s laid the foundation that allowed the defense to be multi-faceted....giving their LBs opportunities to make plays.
-The Ravens D line was so stout (verses NE), this allowed the D to play in nickel even on run downs....result ...NE averaged 3 yd/run and Brady was a 53% passer. This is the kind of D I want.
-Wilfork is aging/playing high % of plays. Only interior foundation piece
-Deep DT draft (so they say). With NE likely to be drafting at the back end of every draft in years to come (Thanks to Tom Brady's immortality), NE may want to take advantage when the opportunity (DT draft depth) presents itself.

We worry about the secondary (understandable), but building a wall of 4 allows NE to be more creative behind the wall. And as BB says...only so many giant athletic behemoths on the planet

Agreed we've been lacking at DL for a while now and the move to a 4-3 requires more resources devoted to the line. Take the best player available if its a DT so be it.

How much cap space do you guys anticipate we will have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes