PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats and Bucs to hold joint practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping I can get away from work one of these days to go check it out. We've already got tickets to the that game, but getting to do some camp scouting would be cool.

Practice in the heat to prepare for opening game in Nashville.

I like it.

Curren just tweeted that those practices will be closed to the public.

Curran on why BB likes joint practices:

Why shared practices work for Patriots

For anybody that hasn't seen it yet, this is a very good read from Curran detailing the benefits of these two-team practices.

"We saw a lot of things from the Saints that we haven’t seen working against ourselves. ...They do a lot of things well, so there were a lot of things that we were able to evaluate and also adjust to. We can walk through them, we can talk through them, but it’s different when a good team does them and hurts you with them and you have to make those changes," said Belichick. "(There's) no better preparation for a game than working against the team you’re going to play. We’ve seen a lot in the two practices yesterday. We’ll see a lot more today. It’s been a great learning experience for our football team, not just the players but our staff as well."

It certainly seems to help that there's a friendly relationship and respect between the coaches. If the tenor is competitive and mutually beneficial but not bitter, it will work.

Add one more check mark in the "Greg Schiano's doing everything right so far as a rookie coach" column.

Curren just tweeted that those practices will be closed to the public.

Dislike. Oh well, hope they get some time to enjoy themselves on the Gulf, at least for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back