PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats All-Decade Team of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue Brisby over Jefferson at WR, Sam Gash over Leonard Russell at RB (since there's no FB listing)...

Brent Williams could be pushed by Bruschi or Ferric Collons at DE. Goad was a real stud but Henry Thomas may have been just as good in the late 90s. That OL is pretty pitiful.

Considering the Pats were a 4-3 team for most of the 90s, it is strange that Reiss chose to go with a 3-4 team for defense. Only I think 1993-1996 did the Pats run a 3-4.

And I would therefore add Henry Thomas to the list as a DT.

Last edited:
Also, I hate to see Dave Meggett associated with the Pats nevermind on an All Decade list.

Also, I hate to see Dave Meggett associated with the Pats nevermind on an All Decade list.
Yeah, plus he was only with the Pats three years. I'm thinking he gets listed in large part due to name recognition, which was based on all those previous years with the Giants.

Last edited:
Yeah, plus he was only with the Pats years. I'm thinking he gets listed in large part due to name recognition, which was based on all those previous years with the Giants.

Yeah... would have rather seen Troy Brown for returner.

Because I'm afraid with the likes of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Reche Caldwell ;), he may get overlooked for the 2000's squad.

Yeah... would have rather seen Troy Brown for returner.

Because I'm afraid with the likes of Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Reche Caldwell ;), he may get overlooked for the 2000's squad.

Dude I love your signature. Anyways I think Troy Brown makes the 2000's team as a punt returner. Those past teams are pretty lame, but this decade's team is going to be loaded!!

Yeah, plus he was only with the Pats years. I'm thinking he gets listed in large part due to name recognition, which was based on all those previous years with the Giants.

Well, the Pats never had a great returner other than Meggett in the 90s. Troy and Faulk didn't hit their strides in that department until this decade. Prior to Meggett, they had Ray Crittenden, Walter Stanley, Jon Vaughn, Jerome Henderson, Sammy Martin, and Irvin Fryar returning punts or kicks in the 90s. Meggett did have a good couple of year run, but he definitely didn't have much competition for the award.

It doesn't change the fact that it turns my stomach every time I see him associated with the Patriots.

I also can't believe Reiss forgot this category:

Dancer: Chris Canty

Sam Gash should probably be on there. I was thinking Troy Brown for a minute too, but the other posters in this thread are right that he was more a 2000s guy than a 90s guy.

Sam Gash should probably be on there. I was thinking Troy Brown for a minute too, but the other posters in this thread are right that he was more a 2000s guy than a 90s guy.

I think Sam Gash was a overated blowhard... Parcells pumped him more than he was worth, he burned alot of bridges when he left.. Also when Milloy was realesed, he had to open his yap... It was a different regime when he was with the Pats... Sam Gash was a 1 year pat to me at best..

I wouldn't give him the nod over Coates, but Marv Cook was a pretty good TE.

Gash was mainly a blocking fullback. He was a decent receiver out of the backfield but he barely ever carried the ball. I can see why they didn't pick him, because he wasn't really a true running back like Curtis Martin and Leonard Russell were. If there was a slot for fullback, he'd make it easily though.

I'd argue Brisby over Jefferson at WR, Sam Gash over Leonard Russell at RB (since there's no FB listing)...

Brent Williams could be pushed by Bruschi or Ferric Collons at DE. Goad was a real stud but Henry Thomas may have been just as good in the late 90s. That OL is pretty pitiful.

Good call on Vincent Brisby.
And, yes that oline was pretty terrible.
No love for Damon Denson?!?!

And, yes that oline was pretty terrible.

Max Lane was okay, but my mental image of him will always be Reggie White effortlessly ragdolling him on his way to sacking Bledsoe in the Super Bowl.

If they had went with a FB, I would have taken Kevin Turner over Sam Gash.

That td against the vikes was awesome.
That game was when I knew we had something potentially special in Drew.

Yup - although he didn't really do any one thing exceptionally well, having a FB who could block, catch and carry the ball I felt really helped the team greatly.

At some point I have to think the pendulum may swing back where not only are FBs reflected as a positional player (just as Reiss did, so many just lump them in with RBs now) but also a featured player in the offense.

I guess talented players just don't go the FB route anymore - but I do wonder what Belichick and Brady could do if they had a Kevin Turner playing FB on this team.

Yup - although he didn't really do any one thing exceptionally well, having a FB who could block, catch and carry the ball I felt really helped the team greatly.

At some point I have to think the pendulum may swing back where not only are FBs reflected as a positional player (just as Reiss did, so many just lump them in with RBs now) but also a featured player in the offense.

I guess talented players just don't go the FB route anymore - but I do wonder what Belichick and Brady could do if they had a Kevin Turner playing FB on this team.

This wasn't just Reiss, this the Pats hall of fame nomination committee.

The March of Time: Patriots All-Decade teams announced

i was too a Vincent Brisby fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes