Pats agree in principle with Neal - Globe/ProJo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Carfardo:

In addition, the Patriots agreed in principle to a deal with starting right guard Stephen Neal, chipping away at some of the team's $20 million in salary cap space.
Although the Brown deal was headed toward completion last night, the Patriots had not turned in paperwork with the league offices on Neal, who is represented by agent Jonathan Hurst. Until the paperwork is filed, the deal can be revoked, but all signs pointed to Neal remaining a Patriot for the long term.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/24/patriots_start_homing_in/

ProJo:
According to sources, Troy Brown and Stephen Neal agreed to terms with the Patriots this week.
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060324_24patsjo.1c0a8f1.html

Curran was on top of these this week. Good job Tom E.

Sorry DaBruinz, I scanned the pages for Neal's name but didn't see your thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33240

Last edited:
Good news...I think he is still has a bit of an upside....learning more...I like it..kind of solidifies the line..

Good signing, blue collar player that has gotten better every year, these are the types of signings I am expecting, rather than the "sexy" ones...

GJAJ15 said:
Good signing, blue collar player that has gotten better every year, these are the types of signings I am expecting, rather than the "sexy" ones...
I agree.."sexy" signings usually mean more money and sometimes not enough substance..

I bet the Pats paid 2mil for this guy. He didn't sign for cheap thats for sure. I'm happy to have him back in the fold.

as much as i want brown back ..the lines
"Team sources said Patriots owner Robert Kraft, after the departures of Willie McGinest and Adam Vinatieri, stepped into the negotiations to help retain the 34-year-old Brown. Kraft has allowed Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli to run the business side of football, but with the losses of two of his favorites, Kraft wanted Brown to know the Patriots cared about keeping him."

make it intriguing . hopefully it isnt too much meddling on part of kraft.BB's freedom to do with personnel desicions is what he likes with kraft and if it starts to become more of a prestige issue on part of kraft and he starts to bring in his own emotion to the desicions with BB entering his final yr of contract...who knows what could happen.
i hope cafardo is just making stuff up citing "team sources"

I like the Neal signing. I think he can only get better with more playing time. Remember this guy was a wrestler, and does not have that many games under his belt. I'm glad to see him staying in the fold, continuity on the offensive line will go along way. Unlike the other guys that left, Neal's best football is still in front of him. Plus he has got that streak of nastyness that you like to see in your OL

FreeTedWilliams said:
I like the Neal signing. I think he can only get better with more playing time. Remember this guy was a wrestler, and does not have that many games under his belt. I'm glad to see him staying in the fold, continuity on the offensive line will go along way. Unlike the other guys that left, Neal's best football is still in front of him. Plus he has got that streak of nastyness that you like to see in your OL
He's a terrific pulling guard. With his speed and determination, I think he'll be a force for a while, and yes, still on the upswing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes