PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats acquire DE/OLB Derrick Burgess for draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats acquire Burgess

Good move IMO - This team would have been in trouble if Woods or Banta-Cain had even gotten a paper cut this season let alone any type of injury which would have sent us to the streets looking for a desperate JAG or a slowed down version of McGinest - Looks like Burgess definately starts and keeps the others fresh - Could be the best signing this offseason

3rd and 5th in 2011? Works for me as the equivalent of a 4th and 6th next year.

5th in 2010 and 3rd in 2011? A bit more than I'd like, but ok.

3rd in 2010 and 5th in 2011? Very bad deal, and a sign of desperation.

3rd and 5th in 2010? Terrible deal, and the other OLBs must have been sucking up the joint.

re: Pats acquire DE/OLB Derrick Burgess for draft pick

The final piece. This team just got effin scary. I think Jarvis goes to KC.

well, i'm glad they got this done now rather than later. other teams better be shaking in their cleats

:woot:

You don't think that there is room for both of them?

3rd and 5th per Rotoworld.

With Seymour ailing an injury and Warren's comeback from surgery unknown at this time,the team would be foolish to let a top backup like Green go just yet.

Nice, the transition should be smooth considering he played under our good boy old robbie ryan

I think this signing puts us 1.1 million under the cap. Jarvis is a big hit on the cap this year. I'm not saying to get rid of him, I just thinks that's what's going to happen. This is all going under the assumption that Warren and Seymour will be healthy before the season starts.

3rd and 5th in 2011? Works for me as the equivalent of a 4th and 6th next year.

5th in 2010 and 3rd in 2011? A bit more than I'd like, but ok.

3rd in 2010 and 5th in 2011? Very bad deal, and a sign of desperation.

3rd and 5th in 2010? Terrible deal, and the other OLBs must have been sucking up the joint.

What do you estimate the probability of getting a starter with a 3rd + 5th pick is? How about a starter that will ever be the best pass rusher on the team?

Not to mention that next years picks don't help win superbowls now, and the team has won exactly 3 superbowls in nearly 50 years of play. And it's not like the team is sacrificing the future; we have three 2nd rounders next year! What are all those picks for, if not to help win superbowls? If we were in a rebuilding year, then you'd have a point, but this team has as good a shot at this superbowl as anyone.

Last edited:

I'm happy that Belichick made a move that can improve this team right now.

As per usual we have the regular assortment of naysayers, doom-mongers and know-it-alls.

Suddenly 3rd and 5th round draft picks becomes the corner stone upon which the whole future of this franchise is built....

2011 picks? Nice.

Gives us chance to get them back at some point.

Either way, I'm just happy to see a player of his calibre on board.

Rotoworld is saying it's a 2011 3rd and 2011 5th.

Great deal then - Who gives a flying fu(k about 2011 when its 2 years away,lets deal with NOW!

Last edited:

2011? That's some good news. By the time it comes to pay the piper we'll already have two more Super Bowls. :)

Yes Thank you for correcting that.

2011? That's some good news. By the time it comes to pay the piper we'll already have two more Super Bowls. :)
Plus Belichick can trade for future draft picks in his sleep. Come Draft Day 2011 we'll probably have more picks than anyone even after this.

What do you estimate the probability of getting a starter with a 3rd + 5th pick is? How about a starter that will ever be the best pass rusher on the team?

Not to mention that next years picks don't help win superbowls now, and the team has won exactly 3 superbowls in nearly 50 years of play. And it's not like the team is sacrificing the future; we have 3 2nd rounder next year! What are all those picks for, if not to help win superbowls?

I estimate based upon my perception of the value, just as Belichick does. I may have a different 'value rating', but it's the same thinking. It's why I wasn't burning candles for Julius Peppers to be obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes