PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats #6 in FoxSports' Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears at #5? With Rex Grossman at quarterback? :rofl:

I think some people are conveniently overlooking the fact that Indy's D looked like a 2001 redux.

And their running game was poor.

Any team with Manning on it is going to win 10-11 games, but they aren't going to be nearly as good as last year.

Ravens at 4th and Bears at 5th

is it a joke ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
Ravens at 4th and Bears at 5th

is it a joke ?

THis list a combo "stand by what I said before week 1" and "overreaction to what happened in week 1". In other words, it's just like any other ranking, with the exception of the one on footballoutsiders. (although I still can't get over the fact that they are using last year's injury riddled defensive performance as the baseline for this year's projections :confused: )

Wha...Where was I? Oh.

Anyway, The Ravens and Bears completely destroyed their opponents last week. I have no problem whatsoever having NE down on the rankings, considering how poorly they played for the first 38 minutes last week.

Oswlek said:
I think some people are conveniently overlooking the fact that Indy's D looked like a 2001 redux.

And their running game was poor.

Any team with Manning on it is going to win 10-11 games, but they aren't going to be nearly as good as last year.

Completely agree, except I think you need to throw "and Harrison & Wayne" in there right after "any team w/ Manning..."

I find it strange that on some power rankings, the Colts actually went up a few spots because of their win over the Giants.

When you can't run or stop the run all game, and win because the opposing team shoots itself in the foot w/ stupid penalties, opposing dbacks drop 3 of what should of been the easiest INTs of their careers, and get jobbed by a B.S. pass interference call in their last drive, it should be cause for concern...

...much like people are suggesting about the Patriots narrow victory over the Bills...

...which in my opinion was a less worry-inducing performance because the team showed so much improvement from one half to the next.

Nice, sensible post!

I'd also tend to agree with this:

Pat_Nasty said:
...much like people are suggesting about the Patriots narrow victory over the Bills...

...which in my opinion was a less worry-inducing performance because the team showed so much improvement from one half to the next.

... except that last evening i watched the NFLN replay (enjoyable, fast format ... if you haven't seen one.)

After Sunday's game, i too had the impression that our two halves of play
were like night and day.
With the rewind under my belt
i view it differently.

The Bills were trouncing our D for over the first 6 minutes of the 3rd ... before Davis rejected the 4th-&-1.
After that the D got palpably better.
But the O waffled and wavered ... getting some plays and leaving others on the grass.
Had it not been for favorable officiating - i know that's hard to swallow - Grahambo's catch wouldn't have become a first down.
And the zebras' muffs on Brady's (almost) pick-six, late, really came in handy.

All in all, not as impressive a turn-around as at first glance.

flutie2phelan said:
Nice, sensible post!

I'd also tend to agree with this:

... except that last evening i watched the NFLN replay (enjoyable, fast format ... if you haven't seen one.)

After Sunday's game, i too had the impression that our two halves of play
were like night and day.
With the rewind under my belt
i view it differently.

The Bills were trouncing our D for over the first 6 minutes of the 3rd ... before Davis rejected the 4th-&-1.
After that the D got palpably better.
But the O waffled and wavered ... getting some plays and leaving others on the grass.
Had it not been for favorable officiating - i know that's hard to swallow - Grahambo's catch wouldn't have become a first down.
And the zebras' muffs on Brady's (almost) pick-six, late, really came in handy.

All in all, not as impressive a turn-around as at first glance.

I'd agree with that. Let's not think we pull that game out every week.

Of course, if those are our only receivers we're in trouble every week.

C'mon Jackson and Gabriel.

And I've got a feeling about Smith. He's got a history of success at Georgia Tech, (2nd all time receiver).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes