PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 3 point dogs at Denver; Indy -9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Reaction score
From USA Today which monitors some Vegas sports books.

This is about right, at least regarding the Patriots. I see it a field goal game.

Indy laying 9 1/2? Hmmm. I say 10-14.

Bob G

oh man..

heres to another week of listening to no respect stuff lol..

bobgeorge said:
From USA Today which monitors some Vegas sports books.

This is about right, at least regarding the Patriots. I see it a field goal game.

Indy laying 9 1/2? Hmmm. I say 10-14.

Bob G
i'll take pitt +14 for $50

indy '05 might be the most overrated team of all time...
why?
the media is desperate for a new champion, and a mega-superstar to promote...
they hoped for vick, but he turned into a herpes-passing turd...

the media has built manning into this unstoppable force... no one's buying it... he can't win a big game... pitt will win this game... then, AFCC is at home... NE will be a 5 point favorite at home

Chris said:
oh man..

heres to another week of listening to no respect stuff lol..

Word.... :agree:

PatsWorldChamps said:

Actually, I think it will be a close game. I'm just wondering how many bettors will jump at Indy -9, those people who think the Colts are the real deal and will duplicate their Monday night clobbering of the Steelers. That is why I think many sports books will have the spread in double digits before long.

Me? I think PIT has a chance to win this game, which underscores why I wish the Pats were coming here instead of Denver.

Bob G

NoRomancelnChina said:
Being the underdog only fires up the pats more.

Everything has the Patriots fired up. Why last I heard, there was a menu for next week's pre game meal posted on the bulletin board. It included rocky mountain oysters and goat scrotum. The players are reportedly heated. I look for that to be a real motvating factor in the game.

bobgeorge said:
Actually, I think it will be a close game. I'm just wondering how many bettors will jump at Indy -9, those people who think the Colts are the real deal and will duplicate their Monday night clobbering of the Steelers. That is why I think many sports books will have the spread in double digits before long.

Me? I think PIT has a chance to win this game, which underscores why I wish the Pats were coming here instead of Denver.

Bob G
i think the steelers have, by far, more fans than the colts... if the opening line is in fact 9.5, then that should be driven down to 8.5 by game time... the colts (with a QB with no heart) scare no one in the nfl right now

the media is desperate for a new champion, and a mega-superstar to promote...
they hoped for vick, but he turned into a herpes-passing turd...

truth

PatsWorldChamps said:

I would need at least +15 before I would consider taking Pittsburgh.

First off if not losing a meaningful game this year means we are overrated then i'll welcome another 13-0 start. You guys know if your Pats went 13-0 the media would be slurpping all over the Pats. If you think we cannot out tough the squeelers then I want you to watch this Sundays game and look for yourself.

the patriot fans on this forum always seem to have Colt articles or issues of concern..maybe it is you who also fear one day there will be a changing of the guards and we are in your rearview mirror? I do not think Pittsburgh will upset us at home this year..and I do not think (as much as I would love it) that you will upset Denver at home.. I will have to allow them the pleasure of beating you this year..but I am hoping secretly you pull off the upset:)

colttales or coattails?

colttales said:
the patriot fans on this forum always seem to have Colt articles or issues of concern..maybe it is you who also fear one day there will be a changing of the guards and we are in your rearview mirror? I do not think Pittsburgh will upset us at home this year..and I do not think (as much as I would love it) that you will upset Denver at home.. I will have to allow them the pleasure of beating you this year..but I am hoping secretly you pull off the upset:)
interesting observation. we DO talk about the dolts a lot. for me i just enjoy trashing them more than i do other teams. IMO if miami, bullalo, or jets were up to speed we'd be more focused on them.
I don't FEAR that there'll be a changing of the guards. i KNOW there will. just as we supplanted the rams and the rams supplanted the (packers?).
the question is whether dolts will be able to do it before they get too old. i dunno. seahawks look pretty good. holmgren knows how to handle "the tournament". jacksonville needs 4 more players. atlanta is dangerous as long as they have vick, and he's younger than ol' peyton.
dolts seem to whine louder than anyone else, so you get more attention here. you know the squeaky wheel gets...the GREASE.

I do not think Pittsburgh will upset us at home this year..and I do not think (as much as I would love it) that you will upset Denver at home.. I will have to allow them the pleasure of beating you this year..but I am hoping secretly you pull off the upset.

Yeah, suuuuuure you are. :D Vegas is respecting the Pats... Broncos -3 is basically a push. I think the Broncos will be VERY tough... best in the NFL against teams with winning records.

Last edited:
oldrover said:
Yeah, suuuuuure you are. :D Vegas is respecting the Pats... Broncos -3 is basically a push. I think the Broncos will be VERY tough... best in the NFL against teams with winning records.
broncos -3 IS a push... three points are almost automatically given for home field advantage.

you awake?

ColtsFan4Life said:
First off if not losing a meaningful game this year means we are overrated then i'll welcome another 13-0 start. You guys know if your Pats went 13-0 the media would be slurpping all over the Pats. If you think we cannot out tough the squeelers then I want you to watch this Sundays game and look for yourself.

i may have this wrong but...i seem to remember patriots going , um,....14-2 in the 2004 season. yes the media were slurpping all over us, and ol' peyton was tres unhappy 'cause the cameras weren't on him.
as to whether you can out tough the steelers, i have no opinion. say everything you want now. i'll just practice "mind over matter".
i won't mind 'cause you jerks don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes