PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2012 Free Agent Targets (All Positions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricktak

Banned
Reaction score
1. Brandon Lloyd, WR- The best fit at wide receiver for the Patriots

2. Dashon Goldson, S- They were interested in him last season and he's been even better this year. Goldson is a great fit next to chung and automatically makes the secondary 10 times better.

3. Matt Forte, RB- They probably wouldn't have the money to go after Forte but if they are not comfortable with Vereen, Ridley or Woodhead then I could see them making a push for Forte. Green-Ellis will not be back, he'll ask for more than the Patriots think he's worth and if they're gonna spend that money on any free agent running back, it would be Forte, not Green-Ellis.

4. Eddie Royal, WR- If Lloyd is too expensive then Royal would be a high reward cheaper fallback option.

5. Wesley Woodyard, LB: The Broncos Special Teams captain who was been seeing a lot of time at linebacker this year having 76 tackles and 2 forced fumbles so far. He would be great linebacker depth and is a terrific special teams player something Belichick always loves.

6. Zackary Bowman, CB- Belichick has always liked Bowman and would be much better than guys like Molden and Phillip Adams. With Ras-I Dowling's status up in the air as well, Bowman would be a great signing for the Patriots.

7. Shaun Rogers, DT- Maybe a bit too similar to the Haynesworth signing but Rogers isn't nearly as bad and has actually been productive for the Saints this year. Rogers would be a nice fit next to Wilfork.

Obviously Resigning Welker, Andre Carter and Rob Ninkovich are big priorities too but I do not see BenJarvus Green-Ellis coming back to the Patriots. Some team is gonna pay him more money than he is worth.

Last edited:
Lloyd supposedly isn't the greatest locker room guy. Forte will be franchised. Rogers isn't worth giving up on a younger DT.

Lloyd supposedly isn't the greatest locker room guy. Forte will be franchised. Rogers isn't worth giving up on a younger DT.

Moss and Ocho Cinco weren't the best locker room guys before the Pats brought them in.

if the patriots sign a new free agent rb, end bb's gm duties immediately

Moss and Ocho Cinco weren't the best locker room guys before the Pats brought them in.

They came cheap though. Lloyd is going to the highest bidder, more than likely.

Green-Ellis has shown nothing to suggest that he'll be asking for an unreasonable contract from the Patriots. I'd be interested to understand what has lead you to that conclusion.

Green-Ellis has shown nothing to suggest that he'll be asking for an unreasonable contract from the Patriots. I'd be interested to understand what has lead you to that conclusion.

Probably Vereen and Ridley?

I don't agree with him though, I think BJGE should be getting 20 carries a game.

if they sign forte................omg idk what I`d do with myself

( hes 1 of my favorite players so don't jump on me)

If Forte was available I'd shiz my pants... though I dont know if BB would go after him I am interested in a Ridley/Vereen future.

here are two guys i would like the pats to sign at WR

Jerome Simpson, young fast and could come at a nice price if cincy dose not over pay him,

Josh Morgan, not a big name but this kid has never had a real QB throwing him the ball he could turn into a star with Brady throwining to him

Calais Campbell, unless the Cardinals franchise him.

Probably Vereen and Ridley?

I don't agree with him though, I think BJGE should be getting 20 carries a game.
I was more interested in exploring the claim about Green-Ellis and commanded a package above his Patriots determined worth.

Forté would be a beastly pick up for the Patriots, however the Bears couldn't possibly be stupid enough to let him test the market.

As for Ridley & Vereen, both have looked promising at different times this season.

Calais Campbell, unless the Cardinals franchise him.

He is the guy I would take a look at as well. He has really come on in the last few years and seems like he is about to reach his peak. He has the size and athletecism to play in a 3 man or 4 man front, and offer some interior pass rush. I think Arizona will try everything to keep him, but if he does become available I would definitely take a look.

Please--safeties and cornerbacks...

1. Brandon Lloyd, WR- The best fit at wide receiver for the Patriots How is he the "best fit" at WR for the Pats?

2. Dashon Goldson, S- They were interested in him last season and he's been even better this year. Goldson is a great fit next to chung and automatically makes the secondary 10 times better.

3. Matt Forte, RB- They probably wouldn't have the money to go after Forte but if they are not comfortable with Vereen, Ridley or Woodhead then I could see them making a push for Forte. Green-Ellis will not be back, he'll ask for more than the Patriots think he's worth and if they're gonna spend that money on any free agent running back, it would be Forte, not Green-Ellis.

4. Eddie Royal, WR- If Lloyd is too expensive then Royal would be a high reward cheaper fallback option.

5. Wesley Woodyard, LB: The Broncos Special Teams captain who was been seeing a lot of time at linebacker this year having 76 tackles and 2 forced fumbles so far. He would be great linebacker depth and is a terrific special teams player something Belichick always loves. Been here.. Done that.. Pats walked away from him..

6. Zackary Bowman, CB- Belichick has always liked Bowman and would be much better than guys like Molden and Phillip Adams. With Ras-I Dowling's status up in the air as well, Bowman would be a great signing for the Patriots.

7. Shaun Rogers, DT- Maybe a bit too similar to the Haynesworth signing but Rogers isn't nearly as bad and has actually been productive for the Saints this year. Rogers would be a nice fit next to Wilfork. That depends on whether the Pats stick with the 4-3 or go back to the 3-4 Hybrid as their base

Obviously Resigning Welker, Andre Carter and Rob Ninkovich are big priorities too but I do not see BenJarvus Green-Ellis coming back to the Patriots. Some team is gonna pay him more money than he is worth.

Ninkovich signed a 2 year extension on September 16th, so he's not a UFA..
Rob Ninkovich signs 2-year extension with New England Patriots - ESPN Boston

I see the Pats bringing BJGE back because I don't believe a team will over-pay him.

It's actually kinda weird that the Pats haven't done more extensions to this point.

WOW--who would have guessed someone else would have suggested WESLEY WOODYARD?? He was my binky in the draft a few years ago and after coming in 2nd to Mayo in tackles in the ACC AND posting the 2nd fastest 40 time to....Gary Guyton.....he went UNDRAFTED! Made the team and a few years later is a starting LB for a good defense in Denver. He is a tackling machine and always around the ball, kinda like Cunningham in college. He is "too small" for the pats LB corp...but lets face it, he can play anywhere why not here?

Ninkovich signed a 2 year extension on September 16th, so he's not a UFA..
Rob Ninkovich signs 2-year extension with New England Patriots - ESPN Boston

I see the Pats bringing BJGE back because I don't believe a team will over-pay him.

It's actually kinda weird that the Pats haven't done more extensions to this point.

The Patriots don't extend their own players as often, They put a certain value on that player and usually that player wants more money than he's worth. It happened with Samuel and Seymour which is why I don't think Green-Ellis comes back. Welker really worries me but I still think the Patriots will pay him because they know how important he is to their offense.

The Patriots don't extend their own players as often, They put a certain value on that player and usually that player wants more money than he's worth. It happened with Samuel and Seymour which is why I don't think Green-Ellis comes back. Welker really worries me but I still think the Patriots will pay him because they know how important he is to their offense.
And after letting Samuel and Seymour go, we saw the Eagles put Samuel on the trade block after two years of his six year contract and the Raiders make Seymour the highest paid defender in the NFL. Looks like the Pats made the right move there. Something tells me they'll see things differently for Welker.

And after letting Samuel and Seymour go, we saw the Eagles put Samuel on the trade block after two years of his six year contract and the Raiders make Seymour the highest paid defender in the NFL. Looks like the Pats made the right move there. Something tells me they'll see things differently for Welker.

If they payed Moss 3-30mil (i think it was), then i would expect them to pay Welker. Besides, hes been a good guy off the field as well.

Reggie Wayne (i doubt he'd come here)

Mario Manningham (I think he's an FA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes