PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2008 1st round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

HughesMiester

Rookie
Reaction score
Okay, I know this seems like light years away considering the type of season our boys are having....BUT, I for one have the knowledge that the Pats are quite possibly going to have a top five pick next season, thanks to the 49ers. Now, putting aside the rest of the season for a slight, if highly inappropriate minute, what will the Pats do with the pick?

McFadden? Laurinaitis? Trade down? If they do trade down, we all here know what a top five pick is worth to most teams, and the Pats are still in line to get a helluva lot of value whether or not they trade the pick. So my question to you is this:

What do the Pats do with this top five pick?

Last edited:
Trade down and take the money we'll save and sign Randy Moss.

Laurinaitis would be very tough to pass up, if on the board....And McFadden with Maroney? Wow.

Laurinaitis would be very tough to pass up, if on the board....And McFadden with Maroney? Wow.

McFadden I think would be more of a luxury pick Id rather go with Laurinitis we need to get young at the LB position.

I really don't even consider the possibility of us using the pick. Unless we seriously think we're getting a Lawrence Taylor or Barry Sanders with one of those picks, I can't see us putting up that kind of money on a team that is already a SuperBowl contender (obviously). I don't necessarily have a problem with giving money to guys who haven't played a down yet, but when Moss and Samuel and many others have their contracts up? If the thought is that we need a corner with Asante leaving, and we're willing to use the pick as it stands and thus give big money to a player, why not just pay up for Asante and use the pick for something else?

I have watched Lauranitis play several times this year and I'm not seeing the fascination every body has with this guy. He is protected on a very impressive OSU defense and while he makes a couple of plays in the running game, I do not see much in the passing game from him.

If there was a stub shut down CB available in this draft that was adept in zone coverage, I would be all over a pick like that. But I do not see one.

Unless one of McFadden, C Long or J Long is available, I would trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes