Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats 2008 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by HughesMiester, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HughesMiester

HughesMiester Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Okay, I know this seems like light years away considering the type of season our boys are having....BUT, I for one have the knowledge that the Pats are quite possibly going to have a top five pick next season, thanks to the 49ers. Now, putting aside the rest of the season for a slight, if highly inappropriate minute, what will the Pats do with the pick?

McFadden? Laurinaitis? Trade down? If they do trade down, we all here know what a top five pick is worth to most teams, and the Pats are still in line to get a helluva lot of value whether or not they trade the pick. So my question to you is this:

What do the Pats do with this top five pick?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Trade down and take the money we'll save and sign Randy Moss.

3. HughesMiester

HughesMiester Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Laurinaitis would be very tough to pass up, if on the board....And McFadden with Maroney? Wow.

4. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

McFadden I think would be more of a luxury pick Id rather go with Laurinitis we need to get young at the LB position.

5. Ishdul

Ishdul On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really don't even consider the possibility of us using the pick. Unless we seriously think we're getting a Lawrence Taylor or Barry Sanders with one of those picks, I can't see us putting up that kind of money on a team that is already a SuperBowl contender (obviously). I don't necessarily have a problem with giving money to guys who haven't played a down yet, but when Moss and Samuel and many others have their contracts up? If the thought is that we need a corner with Asante leaving, and we're willing to use the pick as it stands and thus give big money to a player, why not just pay up for Asante and use the pick for something else?

6. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have watched Lauranitis play several times this year and I'm not seeing the fascination every body has with this guy. He is protected on a very impressive OSU defense and while he makes a couple of plays in the running game, I do not see much in the passing game from him.

If there was a stub shut down CB available in this draft that was adept in zone coverage, I would be all over a pick like that. But I do not see one.

Unless one of McFadden, C Long or J Long is available, I would trade down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.