PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 2004 Playbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat find. I wonder how much of it still applies. I bet simple stuff like "Omaha" still does, but you gotta imagine that they change some of the other stuff every year.

What the hell is going on? The 2003 playbook was posted last year and now the 2004 playbook. Which ex-player or coach is handing out the playbook?

Regards,
Chris

whatever, 2004 was a completely different offense than it is now. I'm sure there's very little extra that the Giants could get from this.

What the hell is going on? The 2003 playbook was posted last year and now the 2004 playbook. Which ex-player or coach is handing out the playbook?

Regards,
Chris

Actually the 2003 playbook has been around for at least 2 years (the copy I have is from February 2006).

But yeah, it's strange how quickly these things get out.

Whoa cool! The link doesn't work though.. does anyone still have a copy of this?

I think I saw something on scribed with a Patriots playbook but the pages were scans of photocopies and some of them were chopped off at the bottom etc.

Yea, I would definitely appreciate it if someone can reupload that!

That site is just plain awesome. I love how even the huddle is scripted out.

And to think the idiots on my high school team had trouble learning four or five different formations and four pages of plays...

I don't remember posting this at all lol, it's like discovering it for the first time all over again....

This is an absolute treasure! I salivate over this.

Even though the plays are different, the philosophy is the same. I have been reading through the first one and I am already picking up a lot.

I did not know that only secondary blitzes on seven man protection triggers sight adjust. I will be looking out for that- I bet they still do that.

6 man protection = quick throw mentality. Let's see if that is still there.

There is a lot of handwritten notes on the pass/run protection schemes which leads me to think that this particular playbook came from an OL, probably on the right side. I would go as far as to say it came from a backup OL, right side.

I am only halfway through on the first PDF and there is so much detail to absorb.

Last edited:
I am only halfway through on the first PDF and there is so much detail to absorb.
Yeah, no ****. No wonder it takes these guys so long to master the playbook.

Stuff like this shouldn't be coming out so quickly. I still like it though. :)

Last edited:
I have seen this stuff before as we had a very intricate playbook in college....the only thing we didn't have though was the different numbers for a play action in the pocket, play action rollout etc.....We would have specific plays where the QB would roll out on a PA but we didnt' have a whole package for it......THis is definitely alot of info to digest but it is there job and that's all they do so they should be able to get it down....

Awesome stuff I am at work and only got to look through like the first 4-5 pages but good stuff, Will be reading more of that.

Incredible stuff. No wonder BB likes players with high Wonderlic scores !! Players must have to spend days even just to scratch the surface :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes