PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats +1 signee, –3 released: who are the other 2 slots for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bo Scaife was signed, but they released M. Carter, Melillo, and Opperud. . . .

so who are the other TWO open slots for?

Last edited:
TBD.

Keep flexibility alive!

It makes life much easier to always have an open roster spot or two during the offseason.

TBD.

Keep flexibility alive!

It makes life much easier to always have an open roster spot or two during the offseason.

There's no need, IIRC: if the team's at the limit, they can sign a player so long as they're in compliance at the end of the day.

Tell BB I'm available :D

What about Leigh Bodden? I know he had some health issues last year, and sat out the year, but maybe he's ready to go now.
Anyone hear of any updates on his progress?

What about Leigh Bodden? I know he had some health issues last year, and sat out the year, but maybe he's ready to go now.
Anyone hear of any updates on his progress?

It's not much of a update, but the last I heard was about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Someone asked him via twitter if he'd play this year and he said, "if my body wants to I'll be out there." So it seems like he still wasn't confident he'd be healthy enough to play.

After today's OTA updates maybe they go out and sign two more tight ends.

All kidding aside, I don't see the point in releasing a player unless you already had an agreement with somebody else. There's no incentive to go with an 88-man roster rather than a 90-man roster.

Bo Scaife was signed, but they released M. Carter, Melillo, and Opperud. . . .

so who are the other TWO open slots for?

I'm surprised Markelle Carter got cut, just read a good writeup about him.

The title can be changed to 4 released, with the release of Johnson. Johnson's Twitter seems to be confirming the release:

Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the "Patriot" organization... fans were <expletive deleted by poster> wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...

https://twitter.com/ochocinco

If you are correct, we'll see the announcement of three new signees that were signed by before the daily deadine (4PM I believe).

After today's OTA updates maybe they go out and sign two more tight ends.

All kidding aside, I don't see the point in releasing a player unless you already had an agreement with somebody else. There's no incentive to go with an 88-man roster rather than a 90-man roster.

I hope one of them is a healthy Andre Carter, and the other is another DB or OLman.

And I would be very surprised if there are only 3 QBs on the 90-man roster when TC opens in July.

It's not much of a update, but the last I heard was about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Someone asked him via twitter if he'd play this year and he said, "if my body wants to I'll be out there." So it seems like he still wasn't confident he'd be healthy enough to play.

Wasn't he cut because his panties got in a twist when he was demoted from starting CB? There is no way he's coming back here after grabbing up a lot of bonus money and then playing like a punk.

Wasn't he cut because his panties got in a twist when he was demoted from starting CB? There is no way he's coming back here after grabbing up a lot of bonus money and then playing like a punk.

No. He was cut because he and the Patriots agreed that his playing the STAR or SLOT CB position wasn't working out. It also turns out that Bodden had a shoulder issue that he wasn't upfront with the team about.

Claiming he played "like a punk" is just asinine. He played extremely well until he got injured. He never fully recovered from that injury, though he passed his physical. Also, about 3 weeks after being cut, he had to have another surgery on his shoulder.

Bodden had back surgery in november.
Six months after back surgery, Leigh Bodden hoping to play
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 4, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT

APFree agent cornerback Leigh Bodden isn’t fully recovered from back surgery six months ago, but at age 30 he isn’t ready to say he’s done playing football.

Bodden told Ian Rapoport of NFL.com that he’ll play if he believes his back can make it through a full season.

“I’ve just been working out my back, seeing if it can be able to withstand 16 games, if I can come back or not,” Bodden said. “That’s what I’ve been doing, just trying to get prepared, getting this back right.”

Bodden said that if he can get his back right, he’d like to play two or three more years. Although Bodden was a disappointment as a free-agent signing of the Patriots in 2009, that was largely the result of injuries. If he’s completely healthy, there’s probably a spot for Bodden on some team’s roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots