PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats #1 in NFL Team in Fan Loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider the current crop of Pats fans much less loyal than the fans of the other 3 pro teams in the region. When Brady is gone these fans will be much less loyal.

don't see it. one thing boston fans are is loyal. crazy. but loyal.

been a pats fan since the '60's. favorite players are jim nance and "earthquake" hunt.

I consider the current crop of Pats fans much less loyal than the fans of the other 3 pro teams in the region. When Brady is gone these fans will be much less loyal.

I'm not so sure about that. If Tippett didn't make the Hall this year, Patriot fans may well have burned down Canton (I was winding up my torch and digging a pitchfork out of the barn before the announcement).

Oh, I think some Pats fans are extremely loyal. I am and I know that many of you are, too. I just mean that a large portion of the current fanbase will walk away if the team gets back to its anti-glory days, whereas Sox and B's fans seem to be gluttons for punishment.

No, NFL football is now to a level of popularity here where that won't happen.

It can still happen. Look at what happened to the St Louis Rams for instance. They got less and less popular. The Red Sox and Bruins have far more loyal fans then the Pats by far.

Funny how we loyal Pats fans are so damned quiet at Gillette.

to me the packers fans are the most loyal

when they were bad, good, whatever

willing away season tickets?

crazy

I work with a woman; she and her husband are from Wisconsin and moved here (to Louisville) many years ago. They've both got great jobs, love the area, have good friends here...and they've been on the waiting list for Packer's Season Tickets for over 15 years. When I asked her once what she would do if their name was ever called, she looked at me without blinking and said, "Oh, we'd move!"

I couldn't disagree more. It's popular due to the team's success. When that leaves, so too will many fans. Many sports fans in NE have the memory (not to mention the loyalty) of a goldfish. Pink hats, corporate fans, bandwagoners, etc. - they'll be gone.

I couldn't disagree more. It's popular due to the team's success. When that leaves, so too will many fans. Many sports fans in NE have the memory (not to mention the loyalty) of a goldfish. Pink hats, corporate fans, bandwagoners, etc. - they'll be gone.

Like all sports teams, when they get good, they have many of the bandwagoners. When they suck, they go back to what they were once was.

You could be right but don't be naive and think the Red Sox and Bruins are immune to it....look at what happened last year with Sox and they did well despite all their injuries!! A lot of people would come dressed as empy seats for Bruins games. We all know what happened to the C's after the original big 3 retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back