PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 06 Draft Class Already a Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

patpatriot

Banned
Reaction score
Pat Kirwan has an article projecting rookie starters from the 06 draft calss at:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9628281

The Pats are among the teams with the most rookie starters in the NFL with Gostkowski, O'Callaghan, and likely Andrews all breaking into the starting lineup (as a returner). They also have 2 players (Maroney and hopefully Jackson) who will play significant roles and 2 more (Thomas and Mills) who will have some significant playing time this year. Add in at least 1 undrafted free agent (Woods) who is likely to make the team and 3 draftees likely to go on the PS (Bramlet, Smith, Stevenson) as well as getting a pick for UDFA Cobbs and I don't think we have to wait the usual 1-3 years to declare the 06 draft class an unqualified success. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the best class in the NFL!

Last edited:
Nice - I agree although Andrews as the Punt Returner is overstated as "breaking into the starting lineup" IMO. It's not like he's a starting CB or something.

"Starters" is one category, the more important one for the Patriots is "role" player.

Maroney: KR, his RB role is yet to be defined.
Jackson: ???
Thomas: I look for him on Special Teams until (knock on wood) there is an injury.
Mills: Same as Thomas.
Gostkowski: I'm not sure what his role will be...:rolleyes:
O'Callaghan: He seems to be doing well as the starting RT.
Mincey: Waived, hopefully he will be back later on the Practice Squad after BB gets more comfortable with his team's make-up.
Smith: I expect him to be waived today.
Stevenson: I expect him to be waived, but I think he is headed for the Practice Squad.
Andrews: PR, KR, Gunner, maybe some WR as things develop...
Woods: Kicking Teams.
Bramlet: Practice Squad.
Hand: Practice Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back