PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats 0-3 in last 3 playoff games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm overreacting, but can we formally stop referring to Brady and Belichick's playoff pedigree now? Whatever they had going a decade ago, it's obviously gone now, and has been for some time.

Yes....I think you are right. Until BB and Brady win ANOTHER PLAYOFF game....never mind the SB, they don't deserve the "aura or respect" that they used to get as playoff "royalty" I think Belichick's armor has taken serious hits since last winning a SB in 2004......

I really don't know why we lost. BB overthought this one. Even down 14-3, we were still in the game.

you've got a problem on offense

before that last garbage time td, the pats had a pattern going of only being able to score 14 points

pats definitely need to get some pass rushers and some better wrs to stretch the field

i can't figure out what the hell their playoff problem is because they sure didn't play like that in the regular season

I agree.....Branch will prob be done after this year or next (forgot what he signed for contract wise....but his injuries are starting to accumulate) Tate is a bust and needs to go.....I think Price has shown promise and I was kind of surprised he wasn't in there today.....Welk will be stronger next year hopefully and then we have 2 TE's that should be great for years to come. I really thought Hernandez was going to do more this year even tho a rook.....He had good year, just not as explosive as I had thought he would be after watching him early on.....Gronk is a beast. Hope Crump comes back next year.....Cant believe he dropped that TD though.......But yes...we need serious WR help.

It's simple. The offense has been neglected of early draft picks the last 5 seasons. Much (most) of it has been given to the defense. It's time to start adding some playmakers to offense early in the draft so that it's not just about Brady making no namers look good. Give the guy some highly skilled weapons damnit.

2007 says hi. No, they need to get more physical on both side of the ball. Not saying don't improve the WRs but going back to throwing the ball 40-50 times a game is not the way to do it IMO.

Teams win and lose games. The Jets are a momentum team which is designed to hang around and needle you to death. They lost two consecutive scoring opportunities which were clearly designed to score quickly and overwhelmingly. These were scripted. The issue with the Jets is you have to kill them quickly or else they're dangerous as he'll if you let them stick around. Poor line play, poor coverage reads from receivers, poor field management, and dumb penalties all contributed to prevent a momentum answer. It was on the team. The most unheralded aspect of this loss was two drive killing false starts in critical situations.

i am speechless after this. 0-3. wow. this was worse than the ravens last year.

the people who want to fire BB have got to either be joking, drunk, or so full of rage they can't think strait. The team has lost 3 post season games in a row and it is sickening, but the giants game they were so close...if it was not for a miracle catch they would have gone 19-0. Last year they got killed by the Ravens and today they got beat by a good jets team. That 45-3...we just happened to get the Jets during a down part of their season and a high part of ours. Nobody thought the teams where that far apart.

Early in Brady's career he seemed like an elite clutch QB and nothing all that special the rest of the time. Later in his career he has been an elite regular season QB and nothing all that special in the playoffs.

Odd trend, small sample size notwithstanding.

Ever since Manning beat him in 2006 he has BECOME Manning.

Massive chokes, costly INT's and one and done.

0-3 in the last 3 playoff games

0-2 at home... in the last 2 playoff games

now -0-1 in games coming off byes....

this game sorry was on Belichick and Brady,....

i did not see the passion or the urgancy from the last 8 weeks.. and your going to let a clown and a avg qb to outcoach and out play you in the playoffs at home??? sorry there is a need for critizism..... and its on the the 2 main guys Belichick and Brady.......

Not to be facetious, but that's why BB took down all the old photos.

This isn't the same team as the 2001-2004 Pats, and comparing them is unfair.

That said, something needs to be changed, because the last three losses have all come on the offense. Not necessarily Brady, but the offense.

also, not necessarily not Brady

Early in Brady's career he seemed like an elite clutch QB and nothing all that special the rest of the time. Later in his career he has been an elite regular season QB and nothing all that special in the playoffs.

Odd trend, small sample size notwithstanding.

100 percent agree.

By the time next year's playoffs roll around, we'll hear this a lot: Patriots, Brady and Belichick haven't won a playoff game in four years. Damn. And I thought that tonight I'd be posting about their 6th AFCCG in ten years.

0-3 in the last 3 playoff games

0-2 at home... in the last 2 playoff games

I'm seeing these numbers but don't believe what I'm seeing. I mean WTF? What are they, something like 29-1 @ home during the regular season and now 0-2 @ home in the playoffs? That's choking big time, especially when you consider how they've lost. Really, this game should have been a blow out if the Jets recover those two fumbles and the Pats don't score some late TDs. It was 28-14 with those 2 fumles (luckily recovered by us), fake put/turnover and a ridiculous Brady interception. Jesus, what a fu--ing horrible game - on the biggest stage - after the Jets have yapped all week. Man, are we paying for those 3 Superbowls - in spades.

Last edited:
So far these playoffs:

Defeated quarterbacks (and their ages): Brees/35, Manning/34, Brady/33, Hasselbeck/35

Winning quarterbacks: Sanchez/24, Cutler/27, Rodgers/27, Roethlisberger/28

Pattern?

I believe Montana won his last Super Bowl at age 33, Bradshaw at age 31, and Aikman at age 29.

So far these playoffs:

Defeated quarterbacks (and their ages): Brees/35, Manning/34, Brady/33, Hasselbeck/35

Pattern?

I believe Montana won his last Super Bowl at age 33, Bradshaw at age 31, and Aikman at age 29.

The common thread I see among the QB's that won is their defense is a lot better. The Patriots had a much better defense a few years ago, and would never have had to rely on a crazy turnover differential to win 14 games. I think 2004 season was the year that the offense really started to take over due to a crazy number of injuries (Troy Brown was playing cornerback) and they won that AFC CG in Pittsburgh based on 41 points of offense, not anything particularly amazing on the defensive side.

You can't go back to that style though now PI calls that are made just because somebody sneezes. They need a defense that can get off the field on third down. If the Patriots had been even merely an "okay" scoring team this season, you would have seen a lot more games like today.

No doubt the offense underperformed big time, but even in a game like Green Bay where they had 24 points in 19 minutes of possession, it came down to the wire and hinged upon a turnover. This team was not going anywhere on a day when the defense had to step up and compensate the offense.

I'm seeing these numbers but don't believe what I'm seeing. I mean WTF? What are they, something like 29-1 @ home during the regular season and now 0-2 @ home in the playoffs? That's choking big time, especially when you consider how they've lost. Really, this game should have been a blow out if the Jets recover those two fumbles and the Pats don't score some late TDs. It was 28-14 with those 2 fumles (luckily recovered by us), fake put/turnover and a ridiculous Brady interception. Jesus, what a fu--ing horrible game - on the biggest stage - after the Jets have yapped all week. Man, are we paying for those 3 Superbowls - in spades.

Numbers dont lie, the jets are playing in thier 2nd straight afc title game, while brady is going on number 4th year with out a apperence... i dont care how much ian wants to ban this thought, but its the truth.... qb and coach again cost us the chance to move on......

I wouldn't argue the point about better defenses....but I still submit that the factor of QB age is a compelling consideration as well. In fact the Ravens are considered by some to be the best defensive team, with a younger (26) QB who had them in the lead until the end of that game. It would appear that great defenses + young QBs has a synergistic affect.

So far these playoffs:

Pattern?

That is a terrifying thought.

You guys are overreacting big time.

Despite what the media wants you to believe QB's are not pitchers. They do not get a W or an L to their name at the end of the day.

The Patriots went 14-2 this season BECAUSE of Tom Brady.

If the Pats had a power running game, and a defense that could get off the field Tom would never lose a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back