Patriots WR Price Misses Practice Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots WR Price Misses Practice Saturday
By: Ian Logue

Patriots wide receiver Taylor Price took a vicious head-to-head shot late in the game during Thursday night during New England's 47-12 win, and it looks like he may be suffering some ill-effects from it....

Rage. :mad: Just hope they're careful with him; there's no reason at all to rush him back.

That ************ who hit Price was the same douchebag who hit #47 ?

Hope that ****er breaks a leg and i don't mean it as in good luck.

he shall return by opening day

Meh...remember Wright? I never like seeing a player take a hit like that. And considering the reports that Price has been looking good in training camp and then he performs in his first preseason game...really don't want him to miss any time.

man, let this not be a jinx for all the positive things we kept hearing about him in TC :(

I don't seem to remember the hit on Price as head to head at all. I was worried about his knees when it happened. Is there YouTube for this?

Last edited:
As an update, Ian Rapoport is saying that it looks like he "tweaked an ankle" in the game, but obviously there's no official word as to what it is. All I have to say is watching that hit again - he got hit pretty hard, so who knows. Hopefully either way he'll be OK.

Last edited:
I don't seem to remember the hit on Price as head to head at all. I was worried about his knees when it happened. Is there YouTube for this?

You're thinking about his punt return. That punt return occurred well after that hit he took to the head on the called back interception. Considering how strict they are about concussions I doubt he would have been in returning that punt if it was very serious.

He played a lot in game 1. Give him a day off and let some other guys get some reps.

It really looked helmet to helmet to me. I'm sure there is a shorter vid with this footage but I know it is in this long one:

Ryan Mallett 8-11-11 Pats vs Jags Preseason - YouTube

edit: right around 6:18

Yup it was definitely a helmet to helmet and it drew a flag. Hopefully Price will be ok. I can totally understand why the Pats are being careful with him at this stage. Very promising young player.

That ************ who hit Price was the same douchebag who hit #47 ?

Hope that ****er breaks a leg and i don't mean it as in good luck.

Yes, the same LB who took out Cox. But to his credit, Price bounced right back up and got on with the next play. This is one tough SOB. The "ankle tweak" is probably a bit of stretch.

No need to call him a bunch of asterisks, he was only doing his job.

The fault, rather, lies with Mallet who didn't protect Price. You never want to lead your receiver into a collision.

Yes, the same LB who took out Cox. But to his credit, Price bounced right back up and got on with the next play. This is one tough SOB. The "ankle tweak" is probably a bit of stretch.

No need to call him a bunch of asterisks, he was only doing his job.

The fault, rather, lies with Mallet who didn't protect Price. You never want to lead your receiver into a collision.

How the hell was he doing his job? I might have given him a pass if it was just the hit on Price but the hit on Cox earlier clearly shows that guy has some roidrage issues or something. Totally uncalled for in a preseason game against a team that isn't even a rival.

Price had a punt return in the 4th quarter. It looked like he took a low hit to his left knee. He came up gingerly and they went to a sideline interview. At the time I remember hoping he didn't injure his knee. The Head-to-head hit came with 14 min left. This punt was when there was 6 min left. Well after the illegal hit.

Last edited:
Its has NOTHING to do with the hit to his head. He talked to media after the game and sounded fine. If there had been any lingering affect from the head shot, they wouldn't have allowed to to speak to the media.

Its has NOTHING to do with the hit to his head. He talked to media after the game and sounded fine. If there had been any lingering affect from the head shot, they wouldn't have allowed to to speak to the media.

Exactly. Not worried about him, he took some hard body shots, slams and other things. I know he was trying to make a point but if he makes the cut, I will wish they help him out to protect himself a bit.

It really looked helmet to helmet to me. I'm sure there is a shorter vid with this footage but I know it is in this long one:

Ryan Mallett 8-11-11 Pats vs Jags Preseason - YouTube

edit: right around 6:18

Thank you for posting that. I had forgotten about the earlier hit. I really don't think that's why he's out though. I think the punt return kneebomb is much more likely. Hopefully nothing serious.

This is why I hate the Jags, they and the titans are the dirtiest teams in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back