Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
From Reiss's Blog
Phinisee gets look
The Patriots had free-agent defensive back Justin Phinisee in for a tryout Thursday at Gillette Stadium.

The 5-foot-10, 197-pound Phinisee was a seventh-round draft choice (235th overall) of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006. He was cut by Tampa Bay before the season began, before being signed to the Chiefs' practice squad on Oct. 4. Phinisee was released from the Chiefs' practice squad on Nov. 6.

Phinisee played safety and cornerback at the University of Oregon, which is the type of versatility the Patriots like in their defensive backs.

Who? :confused:

Last edited:
5' 10" is an improvement, but still a few inches off target. :D

Height is overblown when it comes to db's and wr's. There are many, many, db's who are very good who happen to be 5'10" or shorter. I believe this is the main reason you don't like Hobbs at corner.

Height is overblown when it comes to db's and wr's. There are many, many, db's who are very good who happen to be 5'10" or shorter. I believe this is the main reason you don't like Hobbs at corner.
Bigger heavier DBs are becoming dinosaurs with the new girlie passing rules. What you need now are DBs who are quick and can change direction quickly.

I think 5'10" 185-190 may be the gold standard for CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing