PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots work out Tommy Hendricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah interesting guy with that SS/LB combination.

Definitiely pretty late in the year to monkey again with S position; but if Hawkins got hurt, then what??? So could be interviewing not just for next year.

Anybody know if he cleared up the domestic issue; or are they turning a blind eye to something?

I have lost track; do we even have a roster spot open right now or not? Reiss said we would probably have to cut someone for cap purposes; implying not for roster space reasons.

I think Hendricks is mostly a special teams guy.

Here's the scoop on Hendricks, from FBGratings.com:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=812

Tommy Hendricks, ILB, Free Agents
5387.jpg

Name: Tommy Hendricks Number: --
Height: 6-2 Weight: 235
Position: ILB Pos2: OLB Pos3: Pos4:
College: Michigan
Born: October 23, 1978 in Houston, TX
Years Pro: 5
Drafted: Undrafted, 2000 - Round , pick [ overall]

CURRENT RATINGS
Speed: 76
Strength: 66
Awareness: 67
Agility: 75
Acceleration: 76
Catching: 48
Carrying: 36
Jumping: 68
Break Tackle: 28
Tackling: 72
Throwing Power: 0
Throwing Accuracy: 0
Pass Blocking: 14
Run Blocking: 43
Kicking Power: 0
Kicking Accuracy: 0
Kick Return:
Stamina: 76
Injury: 82
Toughness: 78

FBG 2003: 60
FBG 2004: 68
FBG 2005: --
+/- 04 to 05: --
FBG 2006: 68

Player Ratings Last Updated: 10/06/04

PLAYER NOTES LOG:

Apr 15 2005 - LB Tommy Hendricks isn't happy about the way he was released by the Jaguars. He was cut shortly after he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge for violating a restraining order taken out by his estranged wife and he has been advised not to discuss the situation by his agent and his lawyer because of the pending litigation. Hendricks, though, feels it's time for him to tell his side and he said he plans to file a non-injury grievance against the Jaguars. "I'm my own man and I'm not going to let somebody throw my name in the mud. I have the right to talk about it and tell the truth. When you tell the truth, you don't have to worry. I don't have anything to hide. I don't have anything wrong with me. I'm not a liar, a troublemaker or a wife beater. I'm not any of those things. There's a lot of misinformation out there about me," he said. Hendricks, 26, who is in the process of divorcing his wife, Danielle, said he has never been violent towards her and didn't even know she had gotten a restraining order against him when he called her twice the day after she obtained the order because he wanted to see his children. Hendricks said his wife managed to get an arrest warrant issued against him in Clay County even though neither one of them lives there by using the address of a friend who does.

Mar 25 2005 - LB Tommy Hendricks was released after he was arrested the week before on a misdemeanor charge in adjourning Clay County for violating a restraining order taken out by his former wife. He was released on $1,500 bond after calling his ex-wife twice the day after the restraining order was issued in Broward County, where the couple formerly lived. A team spokesman said last week that Hendricks was dealing with unspecified medical issues. "Well, he's having some personal issues. And we think he needs to focus on those issues," coach Jack Del Rio said from Hawaii where he was attending the NFL owners meetings. Hendricks had played in 15 games with the Jaguars last year as a backup linebacker and special teams player. He led the team in special teams tackles with 16.

Mar 22 2005 - LB Tommy Hendricks was cut by Jacksonville.

Mar 18 2005 - LB Tommy Hendricks was arrested on a misdemeanor charge in neighboring Clay County for violating a restraining order taken out by his former wife. Hendricks was charged after calling his ex-wife twice the day after the restraining order was issued in Broward County, where the couple formerly lived. Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said Hendricks, 26, is being treated for an unspecified medical condition and that the team does not plan to take any disciplinary action against Hendricks who is in his third year with the Jaguars. "Tommy is dealing with these issues, and we're hopeful these problems can be worked out," Edwards said. "Right now our concern is for his well-being."

Nov 18 2004 - LB Tommy Hendricks, who made his first start against Detroit, is likely to return to backup status because Daryl Smith is back practicing after sitting out the Detroit game with a sprained MCL.

Nov 11 2004 - LB Tommy Hendricks is likely to make his first start of the season against Detroit because Daryl Smith is doubtful with a sprained MCL. Hendricks signed with the team as a free agent from Miami and has been a force on special teams. Coach Jack Del Rio expects Hendricks to be able to step right in. "He's been a great addition to our special teams and he's here for this very reason to be a guy who can plug in and play well," Del Rio said. Hendricks said, "It's definitely exciting. I've got to step up. I'm watching as much film as I can to get comfortable in the defense."

Nov 10 2004 - LB Tommy Hendricks will start at outside linebacker if Daryl Smith can't go against Detroit.

Aug 23 2004 - LB Tommy Hendricks is battling veteran Greg Favors for the strong-side linebacker job. Hendricks started the first game against Miami and Favors the second against Tampa Bay and the battle remains close. Hendricks signed a two-year deal with a modest $250,000 signing bonus.

Aug 17 2004 - LB Tommy Hendricks played well in the Jaguars' preseason opener. "It felt a little weird," Hendricks said of playing against his former team. It's the nature of the beast. You have to be able to adjust."

Dec 4 2003 - LB Tommy Hendricks will make his second start of the season if Zach Thomas (hip) is out Sunday. Thomas, who aggravated the injury in Wednesday's session, is listed as questionable.

Nov 6 2003 - LB Tommy Hendricks will start at MLB Sunday at Tennessee if Zach Thomas (groin) is unable to play. Hendricks, who was voted Miami's special teams captain earlier this week, did a serviceable job Oct. 12 when replacing injured weak-side linebacker Junior Seau in a 24-10 victory over Jacksonville.

Oct 13 2003 - LB Tommy Hendricks made his first NFL start at weak-side linebacker. He played in place of the injured Junior Seau (hamstring) in Sunday's 24-10 victory over Jacksonville. Hendricks, who was successfully targeted by Jacksonville's offense on several occasions, finished with three tackles.

Oct 6 2003 - LB Tommy Hendricks could get his first NFL career start inSunday's game. Considered the Dolphins' top backup at all three linebacker spots, Hendricks will at least practice with the first-team defense Wednesday in place of the injured Junior Seau (hamstring).

INJURY NOTES LOG

-none-

Last edited:
Domestic disputes - always a can of worms; if he's in for a test drive I figure Pioli's staff has finished most of the due diligence and want to interview him for the final stage of the inquery.

STs is still a BB concern even though they have improved dramatically - but with a couple injuries out we've had two big runbacks recently so BB hoisting gale warnings in the press to emphasize what gets said in practice.

You also have to wonder if he can drop 10 lbs, get a little faster/quicker and play back-up to Rodney.....his tackling number is low compared to Rodney's '90'....
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/profile.php?pyid=782

re:

Random question:

Do you think GM's use videogames to help them evaluate players? I've found that videogames are actually pretty good at rating players and even predicting players who will eventually become really good.

Just curious, since I saw someone post a link to the Madden player ratings.

maverick4 said:
Random question:

Do you think GM's use videogames to help them evaluate players? I've found that videogames are actually pretty good at rating players and even predicting players who will eventually become really good.

Just curious, since I saw someone post a link to the Madden player ratings.

Actually, the ratings you have there are made by Brian Hitterman of the SportsXchange, who back in the day used to make kick-ass FBG Madden rosters. I've been trying to continue his legacy, but he's been busy and unable to finished his December ratings updates.

Now that FBG has merged with the SportsXchange (actually Football-gaming.com, where I used to hang out a few years ago, died when there was the merge, and Brian has been too busy to get it back up and running), the ratings for Madden combine with the scouting reports from the SportsXchange scouts and are sent to USAtoday and some teams use them, I guess.

What teams use more is another SportsXchange product, NFLDraftScout.com, which Brian Hitterman also webmasters. That has NFL scouting reports that go to CBS Sportsline, USAToday, and the NFL.

re:

pats1 said:
Actually, the ratings you have there are made by Brian Hitterman of the SportsXchange, who back in the day used to make kick-ass FBG Madden rosters. I've been trying to continue his legacy, but he's been busy and unable to finished his December ratings updates.

Now that FBG has merged with the SportsXchange (actually Football-gaming.com, where I used to hang out a few years ago, died when there was the merge, and Brian has been too busy to get it back up and running), the ratings for Madden combine with the scouting reports from the SportsXchange scouts and are sent to USAtoday and some teams use them, I guess.

What teams use more is another SportsXchange product, NFLDraftScout.com, which Brian Hitterman also webmasters. That has NFL scouting reports that go to CBS Sportsline, USAToday, and the NFL.

EXTREMELY interesting thanks!!!

I always felt that some videogames and websites were more accurate than some team's actual scouting departments.

God I saw "Tommy" for a second and I thought it was Tommy Maddox, I was going to jump out of my window to my death and I live in the basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes